The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Guest Golem

Finished Lords of Shadow. Cool fights, although I'd say the boss fight with Satan was just tedious because whittling him down wasn't so much hard as it was time-consuming, and then resting on that dumb second phase of circle navigating. But yeah, okay game, nothing incredible, but the story was alright and the game itself is stunning. Not letting that get in the way of my thoughts on the gameplay. As cool as the ikaruga-style light and dark fights were, that's about as sophisticated as fights got and I can't help thinking it goes against the charm of the original games which were an onslaught. Might go back and do Paladin difficulty, might not. Knight was rather easy, which worries me.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Finished Lords of Shadow. Cool fights, although I'd say the boss fight with Satan was just tedious because whittling him down wasn't so much hard as it was time-consuming, and then resting on that dumb second phase of circle navigating.

But yeah, okay game, nothing incredible, but the story was alright and the game itself is stunning. Not letting that get in the way of my thoughts on the gameplay.

As cool as the ikaruga-style light and dark fights were, that's about as sophisticated as fights got and I can't help thinking it goes against the charm of the original games which were an onslaught.

Might go back and do Paladin difficulty, might not. Knight was rather easy, which worries me.

What did you think of the ending? (after the credits I believe) :ben: Edited by -SK-
Guest Golem

Finished Lords of Shadow. Cool fights, although I'd say the boss fight with Satan was just tedious because whittling him down wasn't so much hard as it was time-consuming, and then resting on that dumb second phase of circle navigating.

But yeah, okay game, nothing incredible, but the story was alright and the game itself is stunning. Not letting that get in the way of my thoughts on the gameplay.

As cool as the ikaruga-style light and dark fights were, that's about as sophisticated as fights got and I can't help thinking it goes against the charm of the original games which were an onslaught.

Might go back and do Paladin difficulty, might not. Knight was rather easy, which worries me.

What did you think of the ending? (after the credits I believe) :ben:

Pretty good, actually. Obviously I kinda knew what the twist was since it's been so long, but it's pretty out of nowhere.

I liked the nod to the Slogra. I was like 'Hey! Something in this universe that still looks like it did in the old games!' Also Zobek's purple cloak instantly made me think 'Shaft' but who knows if that even meant anything.

My mind's full of fuck, I'm liking the reboot of the series and lore so far, amped for Mirror of Fate(that's what it's called?) and very amped for Lords of Shadow 2.

Yeah the 3DS game looks all right as long as it's mostly 2.5D, though haven't seen more then just a few screenshots of it. Though I really miss the old 2D style games like the ones of the DS. Lords of Shadow 2 is gonna be epic especially if Alucard's really in it :cosby:

Edited by -SK-
Guest Golem

I kinda get what's going on in Mirror of Fate as far as the storyline and who you play as. I don't have the first clue what will happen and who you play as in Lords of Shadow 2. Two storylines, maybe. I near had a heart attack when I first watched that trailer. Alucard :cosby:

Finished SotC again and played a few levels in Sound Shapes, what an awesome game.

The music, platforming, and overall creativity in sound shapes :bow:

Yeah, really looking forward to getting my vita back from a friend, playing this with headphones <3

hope Papo & Yo delivers next week as well.

Finished SotC again and played a few levels in Sound Shapes, what an awesome game.

The music, platforming, and overall creativity in sound shapes :bow:

Yeah, really looking forward to getting my vita back from a friend, playing this with headphones <3

hope Papo & Yo delivers next week as well.

yeah that game looks great!

Started Baldur's Gate 2 and playing small chunks here and there. The game is really hard to get into (even after you understand the obscure PnP RPG rules) since at the start you already have like a million spells, and ten billion spell scrolls with little to no idea on what they do or what's the best way to do a set-up. I wonder If i should just have started with the first game so its not as overwhelming. The game seems epic in story and scope though so I will keep playing. I love how detailed and varied even the tiniets of environments are. It really pulls you in.

Ha, tell me about it. I remember not understanding a fucking thing townspeople would say. I understand they tried to incorporate accents into towns people but it really didn't translate well into text and a lot of time was just pure gibberish. I still think its a minor blemish in an other wise fantastic game.

Have you gotten to the secret underground game show in DQIII? It's pretty early in the game iirc. I love all the bizarre locations you can find in DQ.

Not yet, I'm not really deep into either game yet.

The English writing in DQIV is going to take some getting used to http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/sad.gif

Guest Golem

Picked up Castlevania Order of Ecclesia for DS today. First Castlevania DS game I've bought and played and so far there's no real complaints. It's metroidvania and I could always use some more of that.

Only thing is, the music just isn't up to the standards of Symphony of the Night. So a lot of the themes get tiresome.

Had to satisfy the batman boner I've developed after Dark Knight Rises. So I've replayed Arkham City. Seemed much shorter than I remember. Now doing Harley Quinn's Revenge

Let me know if Harley Quinn's Revenge is worth the points. I'd like an excuse to play some more Askham City.

I kinda wish I had a vita for sound shapes, seems like it was made for beast headphones

Oh yeah..it's amazing with headphones. Also, the level creator is a lot easier with a touch screen. I want to do the bonus challenges. I read they are a beast!