The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Simcity is having all kinds of server problems. It took about ten minutes just to connect to a server to play the beginning tutorial. Then when I started my own city, the game ran long enough for me to literally build ten houses and a coal power plant.  As soon as the coal power plant started working, the game crashed, my city is gone, and I've been spending the last 25 minutes trying to reconnect to any server. :|

:D

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Simcity is having all kinds of server problems. It took about ten minutes just to connect to a server to play the beginning tutorial. Then when I started my own city, the game ran long enough for me to literally build ten houses and a coal power plant.  As soon as the coal power plant started working, the game crashed, my city is gone, and I've been spending the last 25 minutes trying to reconnect to any server. :|

lol that was pretty predictable

Year walk sounds awesome Cleo. I just picked it up!

Lol, I haven't played either games. I've just been hearing about them through Podcasts and such, figured I'd get our resident iOS guru to give 'em a whirl and report back. :D

Yeah :meh:   Servers are working now (at least for me). Are you getting this game?

Yeah :meh:   Servers are working now (at least for me). Are you getting this game?

nah don't think so, doesn't really seem like my kind of game :happysad:

Year walk sounds awesome Cleo. I just picked it up!

Lol, I haven't played either games. I've just been hearing about them through Podcasts and such, figured I'd get our resident iOS guru to give 'em a whirl and report back. :DLol yeah I've been getting back into iOS/android games too. Devil's attorney :dreamy: And lol rusty. When I get the game, I will somehow need to top "ass pound"
Guest Golem

Received Castlevania Mirror of Fate earlier today, haven't played a great deal of it, and had to abruptly cut my playtime because I have a bunch of uni work to do. 

But, my impressions so far: 

The feel of the game is pretty fantastic. Music, graphics, and design are all really strong here, just as they were in Lords of Shadow.

So far, I've played exclusively as Simon, who after a very brief cutscene, is set up as making a warpath towards the castle in search of the combat cross. 

It's a not so subtle nod to the opening stage of Super Castlevania IV, and that's not a bad thing. In fact, there are one or two things so far clearly inspired by the earlier Castlevanias. 

For one; the bestiary is being filled out by ghost knights, zombies, mermen and skeleton knights. They fit well with the setting and don't feel out of place besides MercurySteam's own take on hellish creatures to fight.

Combat is satisfying, but nothing too challenging at this point. Certain moves by enemies are telegrammed and if you're going into this with experience from Lords of Shadow, it makes the combat even easier, due to how closely this game follows the formula. Still, I'm varying my moves, pulling combos, using subweapons AND playing on medium for starters. So.. pinch of salt.

Traversal a nice break, but without enemies littering these areas as they would in every other CV, it's all about snapping from ledge to ledge, with an occasional pocket in the wall spewing steam from time to time, to break up your pace. Other areas require you to activate certain powers to pass through unarmed. While I know the game does have timed 'Get back to the closing gate and get through before it shuts' routines later on, there's no sense of urgency outside of your own impatience. Therefore the traversal sections just end up being padding, which is a shame. 

I've encountered my first boss in the game, who I believe is called the Watchmen. Tricky fight since he's the first enemy in the game with a longer reach than my whip, and if he gets you in the corner, you're fucked. Still, Simon has a protective subweapon that auto-blocks at the expense of magic. Use it wisely, learn his attacks, and you're good.

TL:DR - Started up CV:MoF, first act is good, all about Simon, he plays great. Combat's awesome, boss isn't a pushover, style is brilliant, traversal and exploring a let-down.