The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

one thing i will say about the story mode in p4a, the fact that all the fights are only one round really accentuates the fact that it's mostly cutscenes.  it's interesting story but when you use different characters and story overlaps and you end up watching basically the same thing again, it gets a little boring.  although it's never exactly the same and you get the inner monologue of whoever you're using so it's not so bad.  i've done yu's, yosuke's and akihiko's up to the certain point so far :)

also did some of the challenge mode, seems like you can do some pretty balls out combos in this game.  i like how quick paced the fighting is too :)

I have P4A and i think it's possibly the worst fighting game i've ever played.

Watch a video of high level tournament play in any other fighting game, now imagine if they were doing all those combos by just repeatedly pressing one button. That's P4A

It's fucking HORRIBLE

Started Dragon's Dogma. Dumb question but is there a way to dodge in this game? 

Not by default, a few of the vocations have a dodge/block/brief invulnerability window unlocked through ranking up and buying the core skill.

Strider gets a dodge at 5 that's used by hitting R1+X (PS3), I'm not sure when other vocations get their equivalent.

Not by default, a few of the vocations have a dodge/block/brief invulnerability window unlocked through ranking up and buying the core skill.

Strider gets a dodge at 5 that's used by hitting R1+X (PS3), I'm not sure when other vocations get their equivalent.

Well, that sucks. Whose smart idea was it to have a basic and standard mechanic found in damn near every game be a skill you have to unlock? Having a dodge would be very useful right about now, II keep getting mauled by a pack of wolves. I don't think I'm suppose to be venturing this far off yet. :ben:

Guest C.M.

Well, that sucks. Whose smart idea was it to have a basic and standard mechanic found in damn near every game be a skill you have to unlock? Having a dodge would be very useful right about now, II keep getting mauled by a pack of wolves. I don't think I'm suppose to be venturing this far off yet. :ben:

lol in the beginning of that game, I ventured off and fought a group of bandits. Killed 2 of them but one of them was clearly too strong for me. :ben:

I have P4A and i think it's possibly the worst fighting game i've ever played.

Watch a video of high level tournament play in any other fighting game, now imagine if they were doing all those combos by just repeatedly pressing one button. That's P4A

It's fucking HORRIBLE

that auto-combo is definitely ez mode, but it seems like there's other better combos you can do :wonder: i dunno i've basically only been doing story mode so far and the fights in that are easy as shit anyway

DD actually has some pretty interesting setups. Rouges have a "cancel" move that interrupts the current animation, allowing for some crazy combos with the right setup. also, the leveling is setup in such a way that upgrading weapons/gaining levels can make you substantially more powerful quickly. --------------- I just bought FC3 Blood Dragon. Shit's boss. :smoke:

Well I just eliminated any difficulty in this game. Why does this game let me summon pawns that are over level 25? I've just been sitting back and let them do all the work. It's FFXII all over again, the game is playing itself. :ben: