The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, モンキー said:

If Gears 5's Act 1 is the best the game has to offer, I'm putting it down now.  :holeup: Finished that one last night, it was completely meh lol. 

That seems to be the consensus.

I finished FF14 ARR. The main story was really good at the end, loved the long series of cutscenes. Really good twists too. Started heavensward and it's... okay-ish so far...

they changed the voice actors for Alphinoud and maybe others too i dont know yet. awkward.  

Edited by kaz
6 hours ago, soup said:

Gears 5 is boring as fuck.

6 hours ago, モンキー said:

If Gears 5's Act 1 is the best the game has to offer, I'm putting it down now.  :holeup: Finished that one last night, it was completely meh lol. 

4 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I thought act 1 in Gears 5 was pretty alright. Probably not something I'd continue to play for another 10 hours, but it was fun.

Will probably depend on how much you enjoy the open world but if you found Act 1 boring then Acts 2 and 3 are even slower, have less action and less story beats than Act 1. 

Act 4 then ramps things up to max for the finale again. 

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Geez at act 4-1 :jordan3:

Act 4 shaping up to be better than Act 1

4-2 is better ;) 

Finished Gears 5, one hell of a game. Act 4 was bonkers and shit happened that I was not expecting.

Overall I think Acts 1 and 4 were the standouts. Act 2 was great and had a more creepy vibe but it had a couple parts I found real annoying. Act 3 was also good but it was the safest out of all the acts. It felt familiar. 

The hub world parts which everyone seems to hate didn't bother me and I think were a nice change of scenery for Gears and a good way to break up pacing. The action heavy acts were 1 and 4, just non stop gears. Acts 2 and 3 (mostly 2) had some more downtime to tell a story and explore a little bit. The Skiff was fun to drive too.

Some things I didn't like  - PC performance is not that great. I find it funny DF is claiming best port ever when the resetera thread is filled with lots of complaints about things like stuttering, etc. I played about 50/50 from PC to Xbox, and while performance on Xbox was good...it wasn't great. And on PC, some acts faired better than others. I thought it was a Vram issue, but even if I pushed Vram under 4GB, I still got some weird stutters and hitches. Not to bothersome until I got to act 4 was almost unplayable. Im curious to see if the NV drivers fix some of that. I had none of the other glitches or brokenness that some have claimed to have.

The Story - Although I liked it, it was marketed as something it was not. This was not a Girl Power feminist game. The marketing made it seem like it was gonna be about Kait and her mental breakdown and her self power. It was not, at all. The marketing does not match the game. Which some may like, others may not.

There were also some story bits that were touched on and went nowhere. Like right from the beginning there was some serious story potential it they didn't go anywhere with it. At times the game felt like it went in a complete opposite direction from where you may have thought it was going.

All in all, it was a typical Gears game, with some new things to make it feel different and I think it did a good job at that. I liked Jack, and his abilities and them making him a much bigger part of the game. Some of the bosses were annoying and clearly made for co op. Thank god they took the Horde BS out of SP that Gears 4 had. Also, fighting the robots this time was actually fun.

I really liked this game, I think its the best Gears game overall . Gears 1 and 2 may have been better at the time since they innovated the genre back then....but as a total package I don't think this one can be topped. 9/10

Edited by JONBpc
  • Upvote 2

I actually preferred Act 2 to Act 1. Glad I kept playing.  Though I don't see Act 2 having any replay value, it's very "cinematic". Lots of cutscenes and walking/talking.

Edited by Guest
On 2019-09-08 at 2:00 PM, kaz said:

I finished FF14 ARR. The main story was really good at the end, loved the long series of cutscenes. Really good twists too. Started heavensward and it's... okay-ish so far...

they changed the voice actors for Alphinoud and maybe others too i dont know yet. awkward.  

For some reason I thought you were farther. Maybe it's your Shadowbringers av. The ending of ARR was dope but heavensward is way way better, story wise. I didn't care for the story of arr till the end. 

Heavebsqard feels like classic ff adventure story and I think it's a master piece. Arr and stormblood are ok,  but heavensward by the end is incredible 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Astral Chain is the shit. This might end up being my favorite platinum game at this rate.

Could be mine too. I've never been a fan of Bayonetta and surprisingly vanquish did nothing for me, so I think my current is MGR which I really liked but I'm really liking Astral chain despite some it's flaws 

Just now, Delita said:

Could be mine too. I've never been a fan of Bayonetta and surprisingly vanquish did nothing for me, so I think my current is MGR which I really liked but I'm really liking Astral chain despite some it's flaws 

damn, really? shiiii maybe i'll hop on this sooner than later (was going to wait for black friday deals) 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

would i like dragon quest? 

There's a demo you can try on the eshop. I'll admit I don't really know what you do or don't like all that well, but idk I tried it on pc and got bored after like 5 hours and never went back. But a lot of people seem to like it.

4 minutes ago, Delita said:

There's a demo you can try on the eshop. I'll admit I don't really know what you do or don't like all that well, but idk I tried it on pc and got bored after like 5 hours and never went back. But a lot of people seem to like it.

i like RRGs now....anything that's a time sink with a good story and great characters. i tend to favor Jrpgs more than wrpgs. 

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i like RRGs now....anything that's a time sink with a good story and great characters. i tend to favor Jrpgs more than wrpgs. 

Yeah bruh, you'll dig it, and the Switch version has even more content than the PS4/PC version which you can already sink 60 hours into it. So yeah, enjoy it. :-* 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Same. But I've always thought dq is an acuired taste. It's just very very old school. It's modern day presentation with retro style gameplay. I'd recommend trying Out the demo on The eshop first to get a taste

• Like 1