The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I’m enjoying Sea of Stars very much. It would actually make a perfect handheld game, since the battles are pretty short, in a pick up and play kind of way. The art design and music are top notch. The combat can get a bit repetitive, so it’s going to be a game I play in small dosages. I’m only a little over 3 hours in, so maybe new skills will change things up. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Doing some more missions in AC6.  Still only a handful of hours in, but loving it.  The customization and paint/decal system is so deep in this game... I haven't really even messed with it at all yet.

Controls on keyboard and mouse are awesome.  Feels so good to play like that.

Visually I think the game looks great in its own way.  It's got a PS2 era charm to it with simplistic environment geometry.. but some of the textures are surprisingly detailed, and the structures and effects at times are cool.  I did this one mission in the snow (unfortunately I didn't take any pics of it) but it looks so cool with all the snow particle effects.  I love tons of particle effects in games and IMO can elevate games to the next level when done nicely.  In this game the particles and effects do a good job of adding to the atmosphere of the levels... but there's no denying that models outside of bosses and the mechs are quite simplistic.

Some pics of earlier missions:

20230828221838-1.jpg

20230827143756-1.jpg

20230827143222-1.jpg

20230827152659-1.jpg

20230903221948-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Doing some more missions in AC6.  Still only a handful of hours in, but loving it.  The customization and paint/decal system is so deep in this game... I haven't really even messed with it at all yet.

Controls on keyboard and mouse are awesome.  Feels so good to play like that.

Visually I think the game looks great in its own way.  It's got a PS2 era charm to it with simplistic environment geometry.. but some of the textures are surprisingly detailed, and the structures and effects at times are cool.  I did this one mission in the snow (unfortunately I didn't take any pics of it) but it looks so cool with all the snow particle effects.  I love tons of particle effects in games and IMO can elevate games to the next level when done nicely.  In this game the particles and effects do a good job of adding to the atmosphere of the levels... but there's no denying that models outside of bosses and the mechs are quite simplistic.

Some pics of earlier missions:

20230828221838-1.jpg

20230827143756-1.jpg

20230827143222-1.jpg

20230827152659-1.jpg

20230903221948-1.jpg

Gorgeous! This is definitely on my radar. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Trying Wasteland 3 again. Wow this is a much different experience from when i tried this on my 3gb 1060. 

I loved that game. It's the true old school Fallout narrative experience and the combat is excellent. 

The Reagan cult is fucking amazing. :D 

Demo is available on steam, this game owns. I'm not really too impressed by the perspective transition while shooting but the first part of the demo is more about exploring RE style.  Tasty pixels :aitch: 

Polish TRA....uhh GODLINESS :will2: GET FUCKED BHTRGAY

also reminds me of SIGNALIS too. GODLY GAME. INDIE TOO STRONG. :bow: 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Mr. House said:

I loved that game. It's the true old school Fallout narrative experience and the combat is excellent. 

The Reagan cult is fucking amazing. :D 

Yeah its good. My PC got delayed until Wednesday 😐 But DOS2 just went on sale for 18 bucks so im gonna pick that up too

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
42 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Yeah its good. My PC got delayed until Wednesday 😐 But DOS2 just went on sale for 18 bucks so im gonna pick that up too

Another amazing RPG. 

I know you got your hands full but I really liked Pillars of Eternity II. You should check it out sometimes. Obsidian goodness guaranteed. Tyranny is also awesome. 

1 minute ago, Mr. House said:

Another amazing RPG. 

I know you got your hands full but I really liked Pillars of Eternity II. You should check it out sometimes. Obsidian goodness guaranteed. Tyranny is also awesome. 

I tried that game and didnt like it. But it was before i really understood how those games work. Its on GP so i will go try it again eventually.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

I tried that game and didnt like it. But it was before i really understood how those games work. Its on GP so i will go try it again eventually.

You should. Just don't play it with the turn based mode. It's pretty bad, imo. Active time with pausing is the best way to play these games, it's much faster. 

Just now, Mr. House said:

You should. Just don't play it with the turn based mode. It's pretty bad, imo. Active time with pausing is the best way to play these games, it's much faster. 

It didnt have controller support on PC either ill have to try it on xbox

• Haha 1
Just now, JonDnD said:

It didnt have controller support on PC either ill have to try it on xbox

I wouldn't know about that. Playing these games with a controller doesn't even cross my mind. Not saying there's anything wrong with that though. 

Playing more AC.  Starting to get into modding and customizing my AC more.  This game is far deeper than I was expecting. 

I love when you get on good 1v1s with other mechs and are just dodging around and in and out... it's like a fucking beautiful dance of destruction and buildings and trees and containers are exploding and collapsing around you haha.

20230903232045-1.jpg

20230905210043-13334333333.jpg

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1