The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I took a break from Demon's Soul (already played over 30 hours) and started on Darksiders which I got from gamefly. Between Bayonetta, Darksiders and the Dante's Inferno demo lets just say God of War pretty much created the blue print for action games. :reggie:

Then those other games must be extremely abysmal because GoW's gameplay is repetitive. I don't play other action franchises so I can't compare, but gameplay is the last reason I play GoW. It's puzzles, level design, story, presentation, and platforming is what draw me in.

If you played other action franchise you would realize that they're all repetitive. You only do one thing. Go from area to area whooping ass. Some don't even have puzzles at all. Just straight up fighting.

Jesus Christ, I would hate a game like that. :scared:

In other words you don't like the action genre.

Not at all I guess. Like I said, it's the "non-action" aspects of GoW that keep me interested.

You would set yourself on fire if you played bayonetta. :scared:

There's no doubt I would. Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo was the first time I tried out a NG game, and I got bored before the demo ended. :D i enjoyed gaiden since i was a big fan of the old nes games. however, i never loved it.
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

^ Smooth has it. Just cast all your buffs and duffs at the start, recast as needed, and make sure you keep your health close to max so you can survive when he casts Doom. He also gives a tell when he's about to cast Doom so make sure to switch everyone to Medic when he's casting it so you can immediately heal after the attack and res anyone who goes down. If he's still kicking you ass, then yeah, you're stuck having to level up.

And I forget the ins and outs of the fight, but isn't that the fight where you want to attack him full on when he's about to cast Doom cuz that reduces its power? There's one fight like that.

Most of the fight I'm trying to keep myself alive because he keeps firing all these attacks on me.

Which characters did you use?

lightning, fang, hope

you aren't leveled up enough if you are just trying to keep yourself alive

it really helps at the start of the battle to have hope put all the protective spells on you and fang the deprotective spells on the dude

that way all those hits he does won't make too much of a dent when you try to go offensive on him

and don't let the spells wear off... as soon as they wear off switch paradigms again to protect yourself

Bayonetta was way more fun than GoW when I was in combat.

GoW was more fun everywhere else.

This.

Papi is trying to justify GoW3's shallow combat like it's a selling point of the game. Kratos' move list is far too short to be considered a true action franchise. The combat is especially repetitive compared to other action games.

This.

Papi is trying to justify GoW3's shallow combat like it's a selling point of the game. Kratos' move list is far too short to be considered a true action franchise. The combat is especially repetitive compared to other action games.

lol no. keep your fanboy shit out of this thread, you fuckin homos. goddamn

This.

MindWash a fanboy? lulz

This.

GoW3 has shallow and repetitive combat compared to other action games, an undeniably true fact. If you can't identify this, you're the fanboy.

IGN called GoW 3's combat near perfect, which it is.

Just shallow that's all. It's fine for the game but there's not enough combos to keep things fresh for long.

I took a break from Demon's Soul (already played over 30 hours) and started on Darksiders which I got from gamefly. Between Bayonetta, Darksiders and the Dante's Inferno demo lets just say God of War pretty much created the blue print for action games. :reggie:

You really can't help yourself with your fanboyism can you? :reggie:

^ Smooth has it. Just cast all your buffs and duffs at the start, recast as needed, and make sure you keep your health close to max so you can survive when he casts Doom. He also gives a tell when he's about to cast Doom so make sure to switch everyone to Medic when he's casting it so you can immediately heal after the attack and res anyone who goes down. If he's still kicking you ass, then yeah, you're stuck having to level up.

And I forget the ins and outs of the fight, but isn't that the fight where you want to attack him full on when he's about to cast Doom cuz that reduces its power? There's one fight like that.

Most of the fight I'm trying to keep myself alive because he keeps firing all these attacks on me.

Which characters did you use?

It think it was Light, Fang, and Hope. It may have been Sahz instead of Hope. I switch Sahz out for Hope when Hope got haste. And I had Fang learn a basic heal spell so I could go Med/Med/Med when he unloaded on me.

lmfao seriously.

This.

Its true though. GOw3 is good but its combat is lean compared to Bayo/NG

This.

Its true though. GOw3 is good but its combat is lean compared to Bayo/NGExactly. Don't focus on the weakest aspect of the game. GoW is a fucking awesome time but the combat is weak. The first step is acceptance. :happysad:

lmfao seriously.

I can demolish the shit out of both of you in this topic if you like. I'm playing Darksiders for the first time and everything about it is GoW copy. The combos, the QTE, the platforming, the puzzles (especially the puzzles). They even copied the R1 swing mechanic that GoW 2 established. As for Bayonetta,

Devil May Cry creator and Bayonetta designer Hideki Kamiya has said he wants to "make a game that exceeds God of War's sequel".

"Out of all those action titles, there's one game that I am paying really close attention to, that I think is a rival game, a good game, which is called God of War 3," Kamiya told EGM.

And boy did he ever. There is more mashing and QTEs in Bayo then all three GoW combined. Every boss you have to finish them off with a QTE (don't remember doing that in DMC?). The game even has QTE platforming mechanics. The only thing this game adapted from the DMC was it's combat to which IMO it worse cause it's more flash than anything else. Now keep in mind I have no problems with QTEs, but you haters sure got raped by this game cause the one thing you hate the most is done the most by bayonetta. Talk about irony.

And Jon why even open your mouth. Your as causal as it comes when talking about action games.

"I can demolish the shit out of both of you in this topic if you like""

LOL, didn't even know what dodge offset was, filthy fanboy trash get out of this thread :D

Yes I did know what dodge offset was. You need to keep your memory on track when it comes to who you think you own. :reggie: