The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

I don't think I've ever had 3 games at once that when I play them I don't want to do anything else before, but seriously MW2, Persona 3 and FFXIII are doing it for me. If I end up liking Alan Wake or 3d Dot Game Heroes at all I'm gonna start failing my uni courses because I'm not doing assignments lol

yeah. ff13 just got dope. i instantly fell in love with the paradigm shift system. this shit is incredible and so final fantasy in a way. i like snow also. a little too foolhardy, but he seems to know whats really going on.

If he didn't keep calling himself a hero and if Serah didn't look like a 12 year old Snow would be way cooler to me lol. But yeah I'm really digging it and the linearity hasn't bothered me. Early on it annoyed me some of the characters they made me play as, but I'm past that now. My only complaint is the game is pretty easy, the supposed "harder" fights usually just take longer

My Alan Wake impressions after 3 or so hours with the game.

- First off I have to say the presentation is incredible. If it weren't for the mediocre lip synching and decent models, I'd put it up there with Uncharted 2. The writing/dialogue was one of my biggest worries but it's actually really well done. The music is great too. The sound effects, holy shit. The enemies' voices are creepy as hell, the guns have a real satisfying punch to them and the ripping sound of affects of the flashlights "burning off" the darkness works really well. Graphically, when it's at its best, it's arguably the best looking game of the gen. The character models and animations hold it back. The use of narration is done perfectly too as it lets you know what to do next without it being annoying.

- As far as gameplay goes, it's probably love/meh. I'm going to keep it simple and say if you loved games like cinematic Uncharted 2, Dead Space, Bioshock, etc., you're going to love this. If you're looking for some a game that can stand on gameplay alone like super mario galaxy or bayonetta, this isn't i. But so far the story has been so gripping, the pacing so perfect, that the only thing stopping me from playing is the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow. I haven't played Heavy Rain but I can imagine it's similar in that you feel like you are playing out a movie.

- Another thing I'd like to just add in is just how realistic this game feels. The game feels Half-Life 2-esque in how you feel like you traverse a HUGE environment and how everything makes sense. The locations don't feel like they were just thrown in to make a game but actually feel like real locations. The little things like collecting flash light batteries, ammo, flares, ect. further add to his sense of realism.

So far I'm definitely impressed. GD let me know what you think when you play some of it!

great mini review. hopefully i can get some play time in tonight :)

My Alan Wake impressions after 3 or so hours with the game.

- First off I have to say the presentation is incredible. If it weren't for the mediocre lip synching and decent models, I'd put it up there with Uncharted 2. The writing/dialogue was one of my biggest worries but it's actually really well done. The music is great too. The sound effects, holy shit. The enemies' voices are creepy as hell, the guns have a real satisfying punch to them and the ripping sound of affects of the flashlights "burning off" the darkness works really well. Graphically, when it's at its best, it's arguably the best looking game of the gen. The character models and animations hold it back. The use of narration is done perfectly too as it lets you know what to do next without it being annoying.

- As far as gameplay goes, it's probably love/meh. I'm going to keep it simple and say if you loved games like cinematic Uncharted 2, Dead Space, Bioshock, etc., you're going to love this. If you're looking for some a game that can stand on gameplay alone like super mario galaxy or bayonetta, this isn't i. But so far the story has been so gripping, the pacing so perfect, that the only thing stopping me from playing is the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow. I haven't played Heavy Rain but I can imagine it's similar in that you feel like you are playing out a movie.

- Another thing I'd like to just add in is just how realistic this game feels. The game feels Half-Life 2-esque in how you feel like you traverse a HUGE environment and how everything makes sense. The locations don't feel like they were just thrown in to make a game but actually feel like real locations. The little things like collecting flash light batteries, ammo, flares, ect. further add to his sense of realism.

So far I'm definitely impressed. GD let me know what you think when you play some of it!

If you love Dead Space and Bioshock you should kill yourself.

Wow, even this thread is ruined.

Jesus fucking christ would you stop crying you fucking faggot. Did the flopping of alan wake really affect you that badly? This whole board sucks. Peace.

Wow, even this thread is ruined.

Jesus fucking christ would you stop crying you fucking faggot. Did the flopping of alan wake really affect you that badly? This whole board sucks. Peace. bye Later.