The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.  Looks really nice.  Not even photomode screens.. just taken right from the game.  160-200fps at over 4K resolution.. this GPU is fucking stupid :D 

The last time a GPU felt like this for me where it just annihilates anything I throw at it was with either the ATI 9700 Pro, or the Geforce 8800 Ultra lol..

Ha! That was like when I got my 6800 GT lol

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Sparks of Hope really exposes the weakness of the Switch's hardware when it comes to load times. From the transitions in/out of battle, to entering buildings or other sectioned off parts of the worlds, to opening the map or any parts of the menu, it feels like the game needs to constantly load. Its not at all a huge issue or anything but the rest of the game is really good so I just wish the whole experience was snappier.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Sparks of Hope really exposes the weakness of the Switch's hardware when it comes to load times. From the transitions in/out of battle, to entering buildings or other sectioned off parts of the worlds, to opening the map or any parts of the menu, it feels like the game needs to constantly load. Its not at all a huge issue or anything but the rest of the game is really good so I just wish the whole experience was snappier.

Switch 2 needs to come. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah even if the hardware ends up being a minimal upgrade I don't even care as long as it uses a modern SSD.

Switch's main loading issue isn't the storage speed, it's the CPU.

The Switch uses the same eMMC type storage as the lowest end Steam Deck SKU.. and that can load way faster than Switch.

The biggest contributing factor of a new Switch improving load times would be the much faster CPU.. as then it would also have the speed to read/decompress off storage/carts, and even faster NVMe SSDs.

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, Remij said:

The Switch uses the same eMMC type storage as the lowest end Steam Deck SKU.. and that can load way faster than Switch.

The biggest contributing factor of a new Switch improving load times would be the much faster CPU.. as then it would also have the speed to read/decompress off storage/carts, and even faster NVMe SSDs.

Ah true. That makes a lot of sense. It’s why cpu is critical for high-end video editing.

• Like 1

I started up the new Mario Rabbids. It seems a lot harder to play undocked. The visuals just seem to lack the same quality  of detail found in the first. I don’t mind playing it docked. It’s just an observation. 

23 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I started up the new Mario Rabbids. It seems a lot harder to play undocked. The visuals just seem to lack the same quality  of detail found in the first. I don’t mind playing it docked. It’s just an observation. 

Can’t remember if I played much of the first in handheld mode. My only problem with the visuals is that it feels like the camera when exploring is too zoomed in.

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Not yet.... Picking it this week along with Bayonetta 3... Not too long finished Xenoblade 3:dame:

Edit how is it so far? 

A friend of mine who has been playing Xenoblade 3 since day 1.... just finished it last week lol.  He loves it.

21 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yea, I saw the DF video about it.  It seems they changed up the art style a bit to allow them more processing power to change how they present the game.  Some of the cutbacks are very obvious.  It's unfortunate because the original is seriously one slick looking game.  To me that game (and Luigi's Mansion) fit right along with any other PS4/XO games of the generation.  Hell, even current gen games.  It looks great.

But the lack of detail in the sequel's environments is dissapointing.  It still looks good, and the characters are great, but some detail is missing :( 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, I saw the DF video about it.  It seems they changed up the art style a bit to allow them more processing power to change how they present the game.  Some of the cutbacks are very obvious.  It's unfortunate because the original is seriously one slick looking game.  To me that game (and Luigi's Mansion) fit right along with any other PS4/XO games of the generation.  Hell, even current gen games.  It looks great.

But the lack of detail in the sequel's environments is dissapointing.  It still looks good, and the characters are great, but some detail is missing :( 

The scope of the 2nd game is much greater than the first and its full 3D. 

The first one was isomeric so the extra available overhead went to graphics. 

It still looks good but not as "CG" looking as the first. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Not yet.... Picking it this week along with Bayonetta 3... Not too long finished Xenoblade 3:dame:

Edit how is it so far? 

Excellent!! They really upped EVERYTHING about the series. It just feels grand. 

On 2022-10-23 at 4:36 PM, Remij said:

Yea, It's the CPU or more so the clock speeds Nintendo has the Switch operating under.   Remember the X1 CPU can operate at a much faster speed that what Nintendo chose to run it at. 

But for this game it's on Ubisoft though... While Switch definitely cannot match PS5 and Xbox Series x load times... 

Nintendo released an update since 2018 where the system "overclocks" the CPU temporarily during loading to reduce load times.  It up to developers to implement it though. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yea, It's the CPU or more so the clock speeds Nintendo has the Switch operating under.   Remember the X1 CPU can operate at a much faster speed that what Nintendo chose to run it at. 

But for this game it's on Ubisoft though... While Switch definitely cannot match PS5 and Xbox Series x load times... 

Nintendo released an update since 2018 where the system "overclocks" the CPU temporarily during loading to reduce load times.  It up to developers to implement it though. 

Yeah exactly.

The next gen Switch will have a much faster, more performant CPU, so this won't even be an issue.  Pretty sure it will also have a large capacity NVMe drive.

Hell it could even have it's own decompression block like the current gen consoles.. alleviating the CPU of that aspect altogether.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah exactly.

The next gen Switch will have a much faster, more performant CPU, so this won't even be an issue.  Pretty sure it will also have a large capacity NVMe drive.

Hell it could even have it's own decompression block like the current gen consoles.. alleviating the CPU of that aspect altogether.

Yea faster CPU. 

I doubt it will have a high capacity drive.  It will be a decent size NVMe drive but they'll once again depend on users expanding via high capacity SD cards. 

The Switch 2 chipset has leaked so we already know the power range... Its a significant upgrade over current Switch.

The other details of the system haven't leaked out as yet though. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Remij said:

While the visual cutbacks are apparent, the scale of the levels (in just the second world) blows the first out of the water. Holy fuck! 

• Like 1