The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

No More Heroes 3 has the best intro of all time. :D Everything from the NES minigame to the beautiful anime cutscene, even the tutorial and his fucking cat having a black's dude voice. This is fucking great.

Suda 51. My man. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I'm taking a break, time to get higher. :smug: 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
On 2022-10-11 at 10:50 PM, Ramza said:

No More Heroes 3 has the best intro of all time. :D Everything from the NES minigame to the beautiful anime cutscene, even the tutorial and his fucking cat having a black's dude voice. This is fucking great.

Suda 51. My man. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I'm taking a break, time to get higher. :smug: 

I have never played these games but that intro was hilarious, now I gotta try. 

7 hours ago, kaz said:

I have never played these games but that intro was hilarious, now I gotta try. 

NMH1 and 2 are on PC if you want to start from the beginning. They're cheap but keep in mind they are Wii games and keep your expectations in check.

I love this series but if I am to be perfectly honest, it has always been a sloppy action game. NMH3 has the best combat in the series and it's still not that great. The side distractions, the open world, the minigames are even sloppier. 

The highlights are the bosses, the funky style and the cutscenes. The performance of the actors is really good in the entire series, check out some cutscenes from the older games on youtube, still good stuff, imo. 

NMH3 is also no different. After all the fucking recent JRPGs I've played these cutscenes are a god send, makes me laugh out loud instead of putting me to fucking sleep.

All of Suda's games are sloppy. You're not playing them for the gameplay though. You're playing them for the bat shit crazy experience they deliver. You're never going to forget a Suda game, I can promise you that.

• Thanks 1

Finished Gas Gone. 

The hordes were actually the most annoying part of the game so I’m actually glad they don’t introduce them until later on. The movement is just too clunky to support that kind of gameplay. You’d often get stuck on geometry or have to deal with annoying camera angles while running around trying to keep your distance from the horde. It’s mostly just annoying trial and error.

Same goes for the late game enemies. So many armored ones are thrown at you and they take a ridiculous amount of bullets to take down. 

Still, I did enjoy my time with it overall. The storytelling and characters are actually pretty well done. And while there’s a good deal of same-y missions, there’s also some that are pretty well designed. 

Also I stuck with the gas system and it really wasn’t that bad. It’s just a minor inconvenience at best as long as you remember to refuel every time you fast travel. 

So yeah it’s a good game and a sequel has potential if they can iron out the kinks.

7/10

On 2022-10-05 at 7:15 PM, -GD-X said:

that looks really cool! yeah, i'll have to get it for mac (some other adventure games too).

I bought it over the weekend and blasted through it. I enjoyed it quite a bit, puzzles are clever but not unfocused and overwhelming like in Monkey Island. Very interesting story and setting too.

• aitch 1

Is Spyro Reignited Trilogy any good?

It's on sale right now for like 10 bucks.

I remember playing Spyro 1 on the PS1 back in the day and enjoying it. Never touched 2 or 3 though. I know they're "Collect-a-thon" style Platformers and honestly it's been so long since I've played a game of this style so I'm thinking "Old might feel New again".

I know the remakes are largely faithful to the originals, they just updated the graphics and modernized the controls. Also did some QoL stuff. Just want to know if the games hold up and if they're still enjoyable. Anyone here play the remakes?

Edited by Sabo
25 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Is Spyro Reignited Trilogy any good?

It's on sale right now for like 10 bucks.

I remember playing Spyro 1 on the PS1 back in the day and enjoying it. Never touched 2 or 3 though. I know they're "Collect-a-thon" style Platformers and honestly it's been so long since I've played a game of this style so I'm thinking "Old might feel New again".

I know the remakes are largely faithful to the originals, they just updated the graphics and modernized the controls. Also did some QoL stuff. Just want to know if the games hold up and if they're still enjoyable. Anyone here play the remakes?

Yes. As someone who really enjoyed Spyro on the PS1 as a kid, the remakes were very faithful to those games. And they still play quite well nowadays.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes. As someone who really enjoyed Spyro on the PS1 as a kid, the remakes were very faithful to those games. And they still play quite well nowadays.

Alright. I'll give them a shot then.

• Upvote 1

I got Judgement on sale for like 18 bucks. I wasnt expecting this to be just another Yakuza game but it basically is. Its still really good. Im liking it. Weird ass game. The Panty Professor ? Only the Japanese.

Bouncing between that an Plague Tale R. Will be trying out Persona 5 when that comes out in a few days. Will be my first Persona game that wasnt a fighter.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, JonbX said:

I got Judgement on sale for like 18 bucks. I wasnt expecting this to be just another Yakuza game but it basically is. Its still really good. Im liking it. Weird ass game. The Panty Professor ? Only the Japanese.

Bouncing between that an Plague Tale R. Will be trying out Persona 5 when that comes out in a few days. Will be my first Persona game that wasnt a fighter.

I would say p4g is the perfect first persona game. However, p5r is an excellent game. I would google how to get the perfect ending. You get an additional palace and a major redemption arc (added into Royal edition). 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Sparks of Hope :smoke:

Damn! That’s my next game! And to think some people thought 2022 sucked for games…shiiii I played a lot this year, and have more to look forward to. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Damn! That’s my next game! And to think some people thought 2022 sucked for games…shiiii I played a lot this year, and have more to look forward to. 

Yeah its crazy. Next week there's 4 games releasing I want to play - Star Ocean 6, Signalis, Bayo 3, and the RE Village SP DLC :scared: I think im only gonna buy 1 or 2 of those and then backlog the rest.

Playing through Uncharted Collection on PC.  Basically going through UC4 again but I mostly want to play The Lost Legacy.

This game still looks really great.  Especially at high resolutions and in ultrawide.  Really impressed by this port from Iron Galaxy and Naughty Dog.. it runs beautifully.

20221022091245-1.jpg

20221022092745-1.jpg

20221022093129-1.jpg

20221022094401-1.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Playing through Uncharted Collection on PC.  Basically going through UC4 again but I mostly want to play The Lost Legacy.

This game still looks really great.  Especially at high resolutions and in ultrawide.  Really impressed by this port from Iron Galaxy and Naughty Dog.. it runs beautifully.

20221022091245-1.jpg

20221022092745-1.jpg

20221022093129-1.jpg

20221022094401-1.jpg

Wow! Those look insanely good! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Wow! Those look insanely good! 

Yep.  Looks really nice.  Not even photomode screens.. just taken right from the game.  160-200fps at over 4K resolution.. this GPU is fucking stupid :D 

The last time a GPU felt like this for me where it just annihilates anything I throw at it was with either the ATI 9700 Pro, or the Geforce 8800 Ultra lol..

• aitch 1