P.C. gone too far? Oregon Bakery Fires Employees For Denying Black Woman Service After Closing

In a public statement of apology, bakery co-owner and general manager John Blomgren described the event as “absolutely egregious” and stated the shop had fired the two employees who had informed Lillian they could not serve her because the shop was closed. “We are doing business in a gentrified neighborhood in a racist city within a racist state of a racist country,” Blomgren wrote in the Facebook post, noting the incident reveals the shop has more work to do to dismantle racism. (RELATED: New York Times Columnist Declares Trump A ‘White Supremacist’)

“Back to Eden Bakery is 100% committed to … dismantling the white-supremacist heater-patriarchy,” Blomgren wrote. He indicated in the apology, however, that firing the employees was not enough and that more action must follow, inspiring him to write a second statement of apology on May 11. The bakery must dedicate itself to becoming more “pro-Black” and accepting of “Black, Brown and Indigenous People,” he wrote in the lengthy apology.

lmao

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a narcissist. Guaranteed he has no friends . Shitty job , no wife or girlfriend . Even his picture was his ugly face with this wierd psychotic smirk LOL    dude would literally ca

Dude you have everyone on the forum disagreeing with you. Lefties and righties both agreeing on this. Why do you think this is? Everyone is wrong and you are right? Lol

Not gonna lie, you legit cracked me up there. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

If they tell you they are closed.. then they are closed.  That's it.

WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU'VE NEVER GONE TO A STORE AT CLOSING TIME AND BEEN DENIED :D:D:D:D 

I have.

And I've gone to stores and been allowed in.

The question is whether these employees treated this black woman differently.

I love how I've explained that SPECIFIC PHRASE about 6 times to you...…………...and you pretend to IGNORE it every...……..single...……..time.

You've all but assured that you know you can't win this argument.

Just now, jehurey said:

He's now completely RUNNING AWAY from his argument.

…………...and revealing his true feelings.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Sinkuh!:blessed: poor guy thinks that making of fun of black people is somehow going to affect me. LOL He doesn't know what to do.

Was I responding to you in that post?   No, I wasn't.  WRONG again Jer.

That was a general statement about this whole stupid thing.  You don't think he should diversify his employees? :wonder: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Was I responding to you in that post?   No, I wasn't.  

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you're done.:trump:

Thank you for admitting that you PURPOSELY want to avoid that point I've made several times.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I have.

And I've gone to stores and been allowed in.

The question is whether these employees treated this black woman differently.

I love how I've explained that SPECIFIC PHRASE about 6 times to you...…………...and you pretend to IGNORE it every...……..single...……..time.

You've all but assured that you know you can't win this argument.

I know.. you've been saying "IF" at the beginning of every "point" you've been trying to make.

And yes, she was treated differently... she was later, the store was closed, and she was told to go.  AS PER COMPANY POLICY.... remember Jer... the employer EVEN SAYS THEY FOLLOWED POLICY. :lemming: 

Edited by Remij_
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If they tell you they are closed.. then they are closed.  That's it.

WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU'VE NEVER GONE TO A STORE AT CLOSING TIME AND BEEN DENIED :D:D:D:D 

I read in an article most of their staff is “women of color” or “minorities” 

Just now, Remij_ said:

I know.. you've been saying "IF" at the beginning of every "point" you've been trying to make.

And yes, she was treated differently... she was later, the store was closed, and she was told to go.  AS PER COMPANY POLICY.... :lemming: 

And you don't know if the store has admitted people after closing time before.

Therefore...…...you are in no position to determine if the employees were fired unfairly or not.

Once again...…………..THIS...………..SIMPLE...……...POINT has been explained to you multiple times.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Two other white women who went to the bakery two minutes before "Lillian", and were also informed that the business was closed for the night.

Just now, jehurey said:

Therefore...…...you are in no position to determine if the employees were fired unfairly or not.

Once again...…………..THIS...………..SIMPLE...……...POINT has been explained to you multiple times.

Now you're really the one sounding like you've never worked before.. LMAO.  Every day is different.  I'm sure they have before, and will again.. SO? 

That's how life is moron.  Are we supposed to cry racism every time that it happens?  Sometimes people feel good and let that last person go... other nights they gotta get out and can't.. or they are just not having a good day and DON'T.

So fucking what?

I LOVE how you think the argument goes one way but not the other.  But then again... it was white people.. so here you are with this.... argument . :tom: 

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

And did they treat her the same as the white women...…...or did they speak to her differently.

Same concept applies.

I even talked about HOW they tell her that the stores is closed could potentially be grounds to different treatment.

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I read in an article most of their staff is “women of color” or “minorities” 

Ah, so the guy was obviously just looking for an excuse to fire the white employees so he could hire more people of color then.

Interesting.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Now you're really the one sounding like you've never worked before.. LMAO.  Every day is different.  I'm sure they have before, and will again.. SO? 

That's how life is moron.  Are we supposed to cry racism every time that it happens?  Sometimes people feel good and let that last person go... other nights they gotta get out and can't.. or they are just not having a good day and DON'T.

So fucking what?

I LOVE how you think the argument goes one way but not the other.  But then again... it was white people.. so here you are with this.... argument . :tom: 

If you fucked up one day...………….then you fucked up, period.

You must not know what work is like. Because that's all it takes.

Its a service job....………….you're quite replaceable.

Look at how this is making you melt down, I feel like I'm in a 9th grade ethics debate class. LOL

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And did they treat her the same as the white women...…...or did they speak to her differently.

Same concept applies.

I even talked about HOW they tell her that the stores is closed could potentially be grounds to different treatment.

:mindblown:

Just now, Remij_ said:

Ah, so the guy was obviously just looking for an excuse to fire the white employees so he could hire more people of color then.

Interesting.

It is interesting because the guy doesn't need any reason to fire the white employees in an "at will" state. Which is what Oregon is.

He could walk in on any day, and say "I don't need you" and fire them on the spot, and hire two different people on that same day.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm……….seems like you and Ghost constructed a narrative that doesn't hold up to the slightest bit of logical scrutiny.

If you fucked up one day...………….then you fucked up, period.

You must not know what work is like. Because that's all it takes.

Its a service job....………….you're quite replaceable.

Look at how this is making you melt down, I feel like I'm in a 9th grade ethics debate class. LOL

Did they fuck up... or did they follow POLICY JERRY?

It is interesting because the guy doesn't need any reason to fire the white employees in an "at will" state. Which is what Oregon is.

He could walk in on any day, and say "I don't need you" and fire them on the spot, and hire two different people on that same day.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm……….seems like you and Ghost constructed a narrative that doesn't hold up to the slightest bit of logical scrutiny.

Except he flat out said it was due to them

being white and the customer being black. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Did they fuck up... or did they follow POLICY JERRY?

Does their policy teach them to treat a black women differently?

I love how you keep on clinging onto the closing time as "Policy"

Its like I'm speaking to a child at his first debate. lol

Just now, ghostz said:

Except he flat out said it was due to them

being white and the customer being black. 

Then that means that SOMETHING ELSE happened in that interaction that they determined it to be negative.

And we don't know what it is.

• Cooke locked this topic
  • Cooke unlocked this topic