P.C. gone too far? Oregon Bakery Fires Employees For Denying Black Woman Service After Closing

Just now, jehurey said:

No...…...the people sitting there at the table, just chilling, makes her story believable.

They should have start telling people to get up off the tables and leave, and they should've gone and walked them out, while locking the door after each customer is walked out.

That is a common thing that all stores do at closing.

Most cafe/restaurant don't kick out customers who already paid for their food. But what they do is close their kitchen and announce that they won't be taking any more patrons.  Which this place did.

The only reason we are talking about this shit is cause the lady is a black woman who has a chip on her shoulder and because you love playing devil's advocate.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a narcissist. Guaranteed he has no friends . Shitty job , no wife or girlfriend . Even his picture was his ugly face with this wierd psychotic smirk LOL    dude would literally ca

Dude you have everyone on the forum disagreeing with you. Lefties and righties both agreeing on this. Why do you think this is? Everyone is wrong and you are right? Lol

Not gonna lie, you legit cracked me up there. 

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

makes her story believable.

What story? That she was denied service because she was black? Two white women were denied service a couple minutes before her.

Just now, Alphonse said:

Most cafe/restaurant don't kick out customers who already paid for their food. But what they do is close their kitchen and announce that they won't be taking any more patrons.  Which this place did.

The only reason we are talking about this shit is cause the lady is a black woman who has a chip on her shoulder and because you love playing devil's advocate.

If you say to somebody...……"sorry, you can't come in, we're closed"

And then you allow FOUR people to remain sitting at a table, just casually chatting and eating...……….you look like you're playing favorite.

I shouldn't have to spoonfeed that visual image to you. That's not me playing devil's advocate.

That looks bad.  If you say you are closing, and proceed to let other people stay there like as if they have all the time in the world, you do not look consistent.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

What story? That she was denied service because she was black? Two white women were denied service a couple minutes before her.

Look at the people in the restaurant.

She didn't have the camera rolling when those two white women came in. How is she supposed to know that?

Maybe the business should have had a camera rolling showing them denying the white women. That would definitely help.

I'm saying that, with her narrative, the video helps her. I didn't say that the video CONFIRMS her narrative, did I?

Just now, jehurey said:

If you say to somebody...……"sorry, you can't come in, we're closed"

And then you allow FOUR people to remain sitting at a table, just casually chatting and eating...……….you look like you're playing favorite.

I shouldn't have to spoonfeed that visual image to you. That's not me playing devil's advocate.

That looks bad.  If you say you are closing, and proceed to let other people stay there like as if they have all the time in the world, you do not look consistent.

But those people already payed for their food and might be leaving soon. But if you let someone else in because of that then the cycle will never end. You have to draw a line after a certain point.

I'm done with you. So go ahead and have the last word.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

But those people already payed for their food and might be leaving soon. But if you let someone else in because of that then the cycle will never end. You have to draw a line after a certain point.

I'm done with you. So go ahead and have the last word.

And you, apparently, are NOT drawing a line at those people sitting at the table and eating.

I am saying that they SHOULD HAVE tried to make effort to push those people out, so that the black lady sees that they are trying to close up shop.

they "might be leaving soon" is simply not good enough compared to this lady's perspective and her 60 seconds of video. In her video, it doesn't look like they are "leaving soon" Does it?

We're talking about image here...…...shes records just enough to make the business look bad. There's no way around that.

Edited by jehurey
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And you, apparently, are NOT drawing a line at those people sitting at the table and eating.

I am saying that they SHOULD HAVE tried to make effort to push those people out, so that the black lady sees that they are trying to close up shop.

they "might be leaving soon" is simply not good enough compared to this lady's perspective and her 60 seconds of video. In her video, it doesn't look like they are "leaving soon" Does it?

We're talking about image here...…...shes records just enough to make the business look bad. There's no way around that.

You can't kick people out who have paid for their meal and are eating it. Wtf man. You can shut your doors to new customers because your staff have to be able to go home at some point. This is pretty much a common sense argument. 

Jehurey speaks like someone who legit has zero real life experience on anything and is so stubborn and hardheaded on whatever his view on any issue is that he just creates whatever made up rules, scenarios and stories it takes to convince himself he is right. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Jehurey speaks like someone who legit has zero real life experience on anything and is so stubborn and hardheaded on whatever his view on any issue is that he just creates whatever made up rules, scenarios and stories it takes to convince himself he is right. 

LOL, I love how you want this to be true.

Beat me at the argument...……….don't try to make the argument about me.

You're experience is irrelevant to me, only what you can argue.

7 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

You can't kick people out who have paid for their meal and are eating it. Wtf man. You can shut your doors to new customers because your staff have to be able to go home at some point. This is pretty much a common sense argument. 

Yeah, you guys are in the right. I was in a popular bar the other day and even though it closed at 1, a lot of people (myself included) were there until around 1:10-1:20 while finishing up our drinks. There was a bouncer who prevented people from coming in after 1, but obviously a small bakery isn't going to have the resources to hire one to stop the woman in the OP from coming in.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

No, it does matter how you interacted with them.

If the Employer KNOWS how the employees have treat OTHER people at closing time, and notices that they treated this black lady differently...……..then they could determine that they did it because they judged her based on her color.

I love how you are trying to include me wherever possible...………..the butthurt is so real with you. LOL

bullshit.. That woman is a known political activist and you know damn well that she may have made a huge fuss over not being served after closing time.  She may have become verbal and they may have asked her to leave.  She may have become combative for all we know.  There are always two sides to every story and this is possibly what happened.

I'm not saying your theory is inaccurate and didn't potentially happen but there's also the possibility that it went down as described above.  She may have gone a step further to contact the owner after the fact in an attempt to get them fired which she successfully did.  Does it make it right that she's possibly a cunt?  What are you even arguing about anyways.. Nobody knows what happened.

But what we do in fact know that this incident was related to race.  The owner may be a supporter of minorities and that's great,  but firing two white people because they happened to offend a black woman should be illegal.

I suppose you're right though.  If the employer has that much power there's likely nothing that can be done.

But the actual question is this:  Do you personally think it was cool for them to get fired.

You're black so you probably do think so.  You're cheering as your posting in this thread. :D Such a troll.

Edited by Windows Master MCSE
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What? The fuck you can.

You see any food on that table?

Going back on my words here but fuck it

You can barely see their table on the video, like barely the edge.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL, I love how you want this to be true.

Beat me at the argument...……….don't try to make the argument about me.

You're experience is irrelevant to me, only what you can argue.

Everything is an argument and some contest to you. Everything you said there just proved my point. Experience is the ONLY thing that matters in reality not some laughable internet argument on a gaming forum. There's nothing to even argue, there exists your imaginary world and there exists real life. You clearly live in one over the other. 

Just now, Alphonse said:

Going back on my words here but fuck it

You can barely see their table on the video, like barely the edge.

And you don't see any food on it, do you?

Some appear to be holding drinks, or looking at their phone.

How much effort does it take a guy behind the counter to say "Folks, we're closing now, we need people to start clearing out"

Its not a bar...…….....there's no open tab that they need to close out. 

Just now, jehurey said:

And you don't see any food on it, do you?

Some appear to be holding drinks, or looking at their phone.

How much effort does it take a guy behind the counter to say "Folks, we're closing now, we need people to start clearing out"

Its not a bar...…….....there's no open tab that they need to close out. 

You really don't know how this shit works do you?

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, you guys are in the right. I was in a popular bar the other day and even though it closed at 1, a lot of people (myself included) were there until around 1:10-1:20 while finishing up our drinks. There was a bouncer who prevented people from coming in after 1, but obviously a small bakery isn't going to have the resources to hire one to stop the woman in the OP from coming in.

When I use to work at a bar in a restaurant, the second you accept customers they can order and take as long as they like. There were days where the place was 'closed' at 10pm or so but we still had people there at 12am. Ppl that were accepted from before 10pm. THe amount of ppl we would reject every day (after 10pm) while the place was still full and still have to serve the people at the tables. Eg, new person comes to order a drink it's 'sorry we are closed', but if a customer who was already there eating ordered one you have to serve them. It's the most common practice everywhere. Jehurey just lives in la la land.  

Edited by madmaltese
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Everything is an argument and some contest to you. Everything you said there just proved my point. Experience is the ONLY thing that matters in reality not some laughable internet argument on a gaming forum. There's nothing to even argue, there exists your imaginary world and there exists real life. You clearly live in one over the other. 

No.

I don't rely on any argument based on "experience". Don't need to.

All I said was that this video HELPS her narrative...…………..whether its accurate or mis-leading.  You also never see me getting pissy to the point where I want to talk about other people on this forum, on a personal level.

It makes you look like the one talking this "world" more seriously than me.

2 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

You really don't know how this shit works do you?

So...………...do you have a response? Or do you think that open-ended question that says nothing help you????

• Cooke locked this topic
  • Cooke unlocked this topic