P.C. gone too far? Oregon Bakery Fires Employees For Denying Black Woman Service After Closing

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Then that means that SOMETHING ELSE happened in that interaction that they determined it to be negative.

And we don't know what it is.

There’s a lot more going on here than just ITT. 

Being an at-will state they can be fired and not much they can do.

Till the owner couldn't keep his story straight. With the conflicting stories put out, they is legal room for them to go after them. It's why companies normally don't comment on the WHY of someone being fired, because they will often get in more trouble from that.

At will doesn't help against discrimination lawsuits, in which case they outright said because it was a black woman they denied and the employees were white is the reasoning for their firing, because optics are important. 

They kind of set themselves up for this shit. Hence why now the story is changing.

Edited by ghostz
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a narcissist. Guaranteed he has no friends . Shitty job , no wife or girlfriend . Even his picture was his ugly face with this wierd psychotic smirk LOL    dude would literally ca

Dude you have everyone on the forum disagreeing with you. Lefties and righties both agreeing on this. Why do you think this is? Everyone is wrong and you are right? Lol

Not gonna lie, you legit cracked me up there. 

Does their policy teach them to treat a black women differently?

I love how you keep on clinging onto the closing time as "Policy"

Its like I'm speaking to a child at his first debate. lol

I love how the EMPLOYER SAID THEY FOLLOWED POLICY...

So I dunno... Were they NOT supposed to follow policy?  Were the TOLD to not follow policy????

Jerry wants more attention than the lady that got two employees fired .

What kind of shit person are you to not care about people losing theirs job over you not being able to come to a store on time .

That lady is garbage .

Just now, ghostz said:

There’s a lot more going on here than just ITT. 

Being an at-will state they can be fired and not much they can do.

Till the owner couldn't keep his story straight. With the conflicting stories put out, they is legal room for them to go after them. It's why companies normally don't comment on the WHY of someone being fired, because they will often get in more trouble from that.

Well I don't see where the conflicting story is, unless I'm missing another quote from the owner.

But it would be odd that the owner is making things much more complicated for himself than he needs to be in order to fire these employees.

Just now, JonB1 said:

Jerry wants more attention than the lady that got two employees fired .

What kind of shit person are you to not care about people losing theirs job over you not being able to come to a store on time .

That lady is garbage .

She's happy... and she's gonna get $20 reparations during next years event!!

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Then that means that SOMETHING ELSE happened in that interaction that they determined it to be negative.

And we don't know what it is.

The lady had a shit fit and called the store racist. That's the something else.

Just now, jehurey said:

Well I don't see where the conflicting story is, unless I'm missing another quote from the owner.

But it would be odd that the owner is making things much more complicated for himself than he needs to be in order to fire these employees.

He could have waited, and fired them after for whatever reason that wasn't about this.

It's SO FUCKING OBVIOUS that this motherfucker is using this shit as a platform to push his PRO minority agenda...  Making an EXAMPLE out of these white people and at the same time making himself and the business look so PROGRESSIVE!

:roll: 

Jerry, you're literally dumb as fuck bro.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

The lady had a shit fit and called the store racist. That's the something else.

Well then maybe the boss may have told the employees that they need to mitigate situations in which customers are having a shit fit for ANY reason.

Dude...……..my brother runs a major corporate chain restaurant, he tells me stories of people who DO NOT DESERVE good customer service. Let me explicit with that phrase, for any normal person hearing his stories, you would not side with the customer, but you STILL mitigate these people because YOU HAVE MORE TO LOSE as a business owner.

This is not a situation of a Regular Person vs Regular Person.  You have more to lose as a business owner entering an altercation than you would as a regular person.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180529123148/https://m.facebook.com/backtoedenbakery/posts/10156247917969043

there have been like 12 different statements in all. They keep getting deleted. It’s odd. They keep deleting comments from people on their page as well. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

He could have waited, and fired them after for whatever reason that wasn't about this.

It's SO FUCKING OBVIOUS that this motherfucker is using this shit as a platform to push his PRO minority agenda...  Making an EXAMPLE out of these white people and at the same time making himself and the business look so PROGRESSIVE!

:roll: 

Jerry, you're literally dumb as fuck bro.

No dude...………...you're just butthurt beyond redemption and are looking to try and say that I'm dumb. lol

You don't know the interaction with these people, and you are trying really hard to make this an open and shut case.

Which exposes your pathetic biases.

That's your shortcoming. Not mines.

No dude...………...you're just butthurt beyond redemption and are looking to try and say that I'm dumb. lol

You don't know the interaction with these people, and you are trying really hard to make this an open and shut case.

Which exposes your pathetic biases.

That's your shortcoming. Not mines.

Yes, I'm sure the black woman was treated horribly... 

Wait... they said that she recorded video of it.. where is this video?

Is there a reason why this video hasn't been shown anywhere???? 

LOL...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes, I'm sure the black woman was treated horribly... 

Wait... they said that she recorded video of it.. where is this video?

Is there a reason why this video hasn't been shown anywhere???? 

LOL...

I love how you start talking like Glenn Beck or some Fox News pundit with these open-ended questions with obvious insinuations.

Right AFTER I accuse you of having certain biases...…..jesus.

Edited by jehurey

I love how you start talking like Glenn Beck or some Fox News pundit with these open-ended questions with obvious insinuations.

Right AFTER I accuse you of having certain biases...…..jesus.

I love how you apparently want to get the facts... but don't care to ask these questions... LOL

Edited by Remij_
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I love how you apparently want to get the facts... but don't care to ask these questions... LOL

Except you only ask these questions...…...not because you're genuinely interesting in finding out, but rather because you use them to only support ONE narrative that you favor over any other possibility.

That's why I called it Glenn Beck/Fox News style of question.

3 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

Jerry's last gen game shop is going to get the fuck sued out of it LOL 

Probably so...……..if I have nothing but Xboxes.

But then again, I'd have no customers there to sue me if I had an Xbox gaming café.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except you only ask these questions...…...not because you're genuinely interesting in finding out, but rather because you use them to only support ONE narrative that you favor over any other possibility.

That's why I called it Glenn Beck/Fox News style of question.

Nah... I've seen enough... I'm really looking for something that helps YOUR argument... if you couldn't tell.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nah... I've seen enough... I'm really looking for something that helps YOUR argument... if you couldn't tell.

No I can't tell.

…………...because you aren't.  You made that statement to reassure YOURSELF.

No point in trying to portray it in any other way. lol 

Just now, jehurey said:

No I can't tell.

…………...because you aren't.  You made that statement to reassure YOURSELF.

No point in trying to portray it in any other way. lol 

No.. because the statement I made would actually supposedly prove YOUR side.

Notice how I'm always saying how YOU aren't asking the questions when I make these statements?

You keep saying, well perhaps this and perhaps that... but aren't interested in asking where the proof is from the woman... or where the proof is from the store owner.

At the end of it all... you can simply say "Well, it's his right to fire them for whatever reason he wants anyway"  Which just shows me you don't really give a fuck and are purposefully being ignorant.

• Cooke locked this topic
  • Cooke unlocked this topic