What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Started Cowboy Bebop for the first time. It really is a great show. I should have waited til after the new show came out because I can't imagine it living up to this. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

O dunno what a depp is? 

an idiot

we can call him johnny idiot. or johnny douchebag.... johnny depp isn depp :jasonj:

Edited by kaz
27 minutes ago, kaz said:

an idiot

we can call him johnny idiot. or johnny douchebag.... johnny depp isn depp :jasonj:

O see. We don't have that term. I think Johnny is smart, and I dunno, this jap guy night be a depp. Haven't finished the series. Actually have a feeling he night be. It's like the movie 'Blow' (cocaine) but with Nudie mags. A bit of a satire, and a little low budget. But there's titties. And for me, it's in me target language. I watch it with japanese subs all day. 

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

It's like the movie 'Blow' (cocaine) 

dude relax most people are above the intellectual level of a dead rat or dynamite :D   

52 minutes ago, kaz said:

dude relax most people are above the intellectual level of a dead rat or dynamite :D   

Hah. I worried the movie may not have the same following in euro land. Btw awesome movie. Catch me if you Can is also probably my favorite. Me likey the truey escapadie..

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

Hah. I worried the movie may not have the same following in euro land. Btw awesome movie. Catch me if you Can is also probably my favorite. Me likey the truey escapadie..

dude we are not 4th world or some shit. besides its a hollywood movie with johnny depp. there are ancient transcripts of the plot carved into rainforest trees for the forest negros to read

yeah i saw catch me if you can in cinema and still remember how awkward the sex scene was. 

Edited by kaz
On 2019-08-25 at 9:12 PM, Ike said:

Yeah the widescreen/fullscreen transitions are nice. I’m on episode 11. I’ve enjoyed this season more than S2. I like the mystery aspect of this season. It gives the season more direction. 

It’s just dragging on and on, I’m on episode 11 and i feel like it should have ended 5 episodes ago. Instead of interesting plot developments they just throw red herring after red herring at you. The characters and their ‘Im an angsty teenager look at me’ attitudes have also grown old. At this point they need to just end the show.

Edited by Twinblade

I just saw the first two episodes of On Becoming a God in Central Florida, on Showtime, starring Kirsten Dunst.

This show is really interesting. There's more going on that what it originally seemed.

It appears to take place in the late 80's, early 90's, and its about a middle-class family where the husband is completely way into a multi-level marketing scheme, and his wife (Dunst) she grew up poor, and she sees that its all a big scam. But her husband is just absolutely lost and he is motivated by desperation. Its like a cult.

And then something happens to where Kirsten Dunst has to survive, so she figures out that she can take advantage of the MLM scheme in ways here husband wasn't about to. She's more street saavy.

And that's where it gets interesting, because you really sympathize with her in the first two episodes, but its dawning on you that she may not end up being the good guy here.

The show has a message that you can't get to where to want to go without having to screw over other people. So, regular decent people end up being bad guys to other decent people, and then those people end up getting caught up in it, as well. They all look like good guys, but the system they are in is going to make them be bad guys. This show looks like it can go in a dozen directions. I'll probably keep on watching to see if it stays interesting.

12 hours ago, kaz said:

dude we are not 4th world or some shit. besides its a hollywood movie with johnny depp. there are ancient transcripts of the plot carved into rainforest trees for the forest negros to read

yeah i saw catch me if you can in cinema and still remember how awkward the sex scene was. 

Which sex scene? Banger.  Stop talking about negros. You're not black. You can't. 

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I don't have cable is AHS on Hulu?

Im like 8 episodes into MindHunter. Really good show.

ya, mindhunter owns! as for ahs, you need fx. it will end up on netflix sometime next year.