What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s excellent! Hader is incredible! The show definitely takes a dark turn. I’m on season 2 now. 

That scene with him in the car and his friend says he’ll just go home. :( 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

That scene with him in the car and his friend says he’ll just go home. :( 

Yeah, it’s great how it can be funny, violent, and even emotional. That scene was rough. 

• Like 1

Watched Us last night. 

I'm so split. It's visually spectacular, excellent performances, music is terrific and it's such a well made movie but I just can't get over the incredible amount of suspension of belief the plot has by the end, which is saying something for horror movies. 

Also the last scene...... just no... made everything significantly worse.

This is a movie where less 'scale' would've definitely been better.

• Upvote 2
Just now, madmaltese said:

Watched Us last night. 

I'm so split. It's visually spectacular, excellent performances, music is terrific and it's such a well made movie but I just can't get over the incredible amount of suspension of belief the plot has by the end, which is saying something for horror movies. 

yup. when you dissect the film and view it, piece by piece, it's fantastic. there are so many brilliant elements. however, as a whole, it just doesn't gel well. the themes are strong, but there are plot holes galore. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yup. when you dissect the film and view it, piece by piece, it's fantastic. there are so many brilliant elements. however, as a whole, it just doesn't gel well. the themes are strong, but there are plot holes galore. 

The first 30 minutes is absolutely brilliant. Then the tension remains while they are being hunted. But it sort of all goes off rails when you realise just how many doppelgangers there are. Then it becomes the whole city then the final scene just pushes it even further and left me with a really bad taste.

The main twist was also highly predictable. Friend and I said it to each other straight after the intro to the movie. Which didn't take away from the movie so that was fine. 

Feel the movie would've been far better if it were smaller in scale. If it was just about the girl double (or at most the family). 

Still regardless, must watch movie because it's gorgeous. Peele is a top tier filmmaker. 

• Like 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Hide contents

The first 30 minutes is absolutely brilliant. Then the tension remains while they are being hunted. But it sort of all goes off rails when you realise just how many doppelgangers there are. Then it becomes the whole city then the final scene just pushes it even further and left me with a really bad taste.

The main twist was also highly predictable. Friend and I said it to each other straight after the intro to the movie. Which didn't take away from the movie so that was fine. 

Feel the movie would've been far better if it were smaller in scale. If it was just about the girl double (or at most the family). 

Still regardless, must watch movie because it's gorgeous. Peele is a top tier filmmaker. 

word! while it didn't meet my expectations, i still found enough to like. ditto on it being a gorgeous film. 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I came across Creep 2 on netflix and decided to watch it (even though i didn't see the first one). What a surprise, its a really clever little indie horror movie @-GD- check it out i think you would like it. Now im gonna go back and watch the first one.

I’ve seen both. They are great! 

13 minutes ago, zwarior said:

Sounded horrible to me up to the 1:00 mark (that part wow! lol). but I imagine it works, think the same composer worked on both

Ramin Djawadi and yes he works on both. The score for the last episode of season 6 on GoT is a fucking masterpiece and made the sequence that it followed (Cersei’s Trial) so epic and incredible. 

Edit: It’s titled “Light of the Seven”

Edited by Ike
13 minutes ago, zwarior said:

Sounded horrible to me up to the 1:00 mark (that part wow! lol). but I imagine it works, think the same composer worked on both

ya, once it came together, it worked. i love the visuals too.