• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Optimus Jim said:

Listening to Hot Fuss by The Killers. Great album: Smile like you Mean It; Jenny was a Friend of Mine; Believe Me, Natalie; Mr. Brightside. :glad:

Bought the vinyl of that from best buy online. And when it arrived, they actually had a second copy that was kind stuck to it. So I ended up taking the second copy back to the store and said I didn't want it, so I got a store refund and used that money to buy something else.

Really is surprising just how many hit songs are on that first album. They'll never be able to top that.

43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Bought the vinyl of that from best buy online. And when it arrived, they actually had a second copy that was kind stuck to it. So I ended up taking the second copy back to the store and said I didn't want it, so I got a store refund and used that money to buy something else.

Really is surprising just how many hit songs are on that first album. They'll never be able to top that.

That was a test by god to see how honest you were. :reg: You lost.

9 minutes ago, Optimus Jim said:

That was a test by god to see how honest you were. :reg: You lost.

But when you think about it, they're tried to recreate the sound in the following albums since. They've kind of turned it formulaic even though they have some solid songs in there. Dustland Fairytale, For Reasons Unknown, etc.

Just watched Irrational Man (2015) with Joaquin Phoenix as Abe. Emma Watson was his boyfriend for a little while. Abe was saying how things worked by chance but the whole idea of Abe dying by tripping on the light that he won for her at the carnival was too perfect. :happysad:

15 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm watching this sketch show called Lunatics on Netflix, and wtf it's so absurd it's actually funny. :| :D 

That guy has had several different shows on HBO. I think the one I watched a little here and there was J'aime.

And this guy just plays characters that he has no business playing. J'aime was a show in which he plays a teenage girl going to an upscale boarding school in the UK.  The main joke is how everybody on the show just plays it straight, and they see this 40-year old guy playing a 15 year old bratty girl. And then there's dark comedy on top of that, because she does stupid shit and is very mean to people.

Watched first 3 eps of Black Summer and it is actually pretty good. Interesting take to focus a lot less on plot or narrative and just on the really simple basic things you'd have to do in a zombie apocalypse. Ep2 was basically just about 3 ppl needing to drive through town and ep3 simply about finding shelter for a day in a school yet both were tense af and really well made.

• Thanks 2
On 2019-05-04 at 1:59 AM, madmaltese said:

Watched first 3 eps of Black Summer and it is actually pretty good. Interesting take to focus a lot less on plot or narrative and just on the really simple basic things you'd have to do in a zombie apocalypse. Ep2 was basically just about 3 ppl needing to drive through town and ep3 simply about finding shelter for a day in a school yet both were tense af and really well made.

Nobody in that show knows how to fucking close a door and its so infuriating. :D

6 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

having all the humans be idiots is kind of a unwritten rule of zombie flicks.

Sure, and it's not really an issue of people being idiots. It's the constant repetition of people being idiots in a very specific way.

Yeah, i watched like the latter 2/3's of the first episode.

You're literally watching a scene of a couple of people who walk around a corner and see the blown core, and you know that those are dead people.  They know they're dead.

This show is going to have to most on-screen vomiting and profuse nasal bleeding ever. Its going to be a downer.