What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

ya'llz need to get on that killing eve train. fantastic show! 

I bought a third screen because I need to catch up on stuff.

I have my computer at my desk, and then I have a big screen tv nearby. But I mostly use it in the evening to watch news programs, live sports, and then local nightly news, and then its time for late night talk shows and by that point its already past midnight. And even then I might flip the channel to watch a Simpsons or Married with Children rerun.

So I am going to have a second computer monitor that will be connected to the PC, but also to my game consoles, so that I can be doing a third thing while watching the big tv or web browsing.  I can put the sports on mute and watch a Netflix show, or I can play games while watching Anderson Cooper or Rachel Maddow.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

I like the vibe in this teaser trailer for HBO's Watchmen.

Its supposed to be a continuation of the story based on the comic book and its ending, so the thing New York happened, and Rorshach's journal was published, which seems to have created some sort of militia-men cult.

Jeremy Irons plays an old Ozymandias.  This is from Damon Lindelof, who made The Leftovers for HBO.

And it feels like part-comicbook, part-True Detective

im both hyped and scared.

i want to see what happened after the explosion in NY

i used to call watchmen the greatest comic ever but i realize now its the most overrated. 

On 2019-05-01 at 8:20 PM, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm watching this sketch show called Lunatics on Netflix, and wtf it's so absurd it's actually funny. :| :D 

I watched a few episodes, pretty hilarious. I read some reviews, they all hate it because it's "tone deaf" "offensive" blah blah blah. Can no one just laugh anymore? Everything has to have some hidden undertone, everything is casually racist poo poo. 

Lilley’s producer has already had to clarify that—even though Lilley’s South African pet psychic has tanned skin and an afro—“Lilley is not portraying a woman of color” but rather “a white woman with huge '70s-style curly hair.” Which would be more convincing if Lilley didn’t have a history playing characters blackface and brownface and yellowface—and not apologizing for it because he finds only playing Australian white men limiting.

People need to lighten up

Lol at the stuffed dog :hest:

Just now, Ike said:

FUCK YES :aitch:

i have watched that like 10 times. that trailer probably has the creepiest use of silence ever. it looks like a big improvement over the first film. 

• Like 1

When that grandma had that smiling face freeze, and you could tell that it was slowly looking madder and madder. Fuu-uu-uck that.

But it looks like a horror-action movie?  I might want to see that.

BTW, I need to start watching FX's What We Do In The Shadows. Apparently they had a very special episode that had alot of celebrity cameos. And we're not just talking about the actors from the original movie.

They had a "meeting" with other well-known vampires from TV and Film. Including one vampire from the Marvel universe.

Actually, two other people that are from MCU movies were also in that meeting.

Edited by jehurey

I started watching that big chinese movie Wandering Earth which was just released on netflix, and once again it struck me just how much these asian film studios can do with their limited budgets, compared to the big production houses in the west. You would never look at a movie like that and think it cost less than $150-$200 million to make, but apparently it had a mere budget of $50 million. Im also not sure if anyone has seen the South Korean movie My Way, but it has some of the most impressive battle scenes i've seen and that cost just $24 million to make

34 minutes ago, -GD- said:

john wick 3 off to a hot start :bow:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/john_wick_chapter_3_parabellum

i already have my thursday tickets :smoke:

God damn. I remember thinking Keanu's relevance was officially on its way out when the first one got announced as a revenge story over killing his dog. Back-to-back flops with 47 Ronin and John Wick was going to be the end. Five years later and we've got the best reviewed trilogy since LOTR. :D

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

God damn. I remember thinking Keanu's relevance was officially on its way out when the first one got announced as a revenge story over killing his dog. Back-to-back flops with 47 Ronin and John Wick was going to be the end. Five years later and we've got the best reviewed trilogy since LOTR. :D

i know :D 

26 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

i love that killing a small dog sets off a giant mob war

It's so good. If he were avenging his wife or kid's death it would be more grounded, but ultimately wouldn't really change anything. I think the surrealness of the dog being John Wick's motivation and the dark comic relief it provides in dialogue between criminals when discussing it really helps onboard people into just having a good time with the movie rather than viewing it as this dark, gritty, brutal action flick.

• Like 1