What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Final season of Bojack in a few weeks :sad:

fuck that show, the only thing i know about that shitty show are the bits you posted and it sucked. fuck you.

Interesting observation I just made. So, in ep 2 of season 5 of breaking bad, Mike asks a dude paid to kill him “are you ready?” just  before killing the guy. It makes me think one of mike’s men (or mike?) are asking Jesse the same thing, at the end of the latest movie trailer. 

Edited by -GD-
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Watched Midsommar last night.

Visually spectacular but was overall a little disappointed in the movie.

You ever seen herditary? And I felt the way at first too but it grew on me the more I thought about it. Now I liked it more than herditary.

my brother didn’t like it at all but he doesent like these kinda movies. He said anyone who enjoyed it is screwed up in the head 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

In the theater or did you stream it?

Stream so obviously didn’t get the full effect of the superb cinematography however still stunning on my oled.

23 minutes ago, Delita said:

You ever seen herditary? And I felt the way at first too but it grew on me the more I thought about it. Now I liked it more than herditary.

my brother didn’t like it at all but he doesent like these kinda movies. He said anyone who enjoyed it is screwed up in the head 

Yeah watched Hereditary and enjoyed it. There are numerous things that I think Hereditary does better and maybe a couple that midsommar improves.

First of all I am the type of person that would like these movies. The midsommar trailer imo was perfect. 

I think Hereditary has a few more jaw dropping moments, is scarier and tenser and then also has the superb performance by Toni Collete which nothing in Midsommar comes close too. Hereditary was also more subtle and while I’m not a giant fan of the ending I think it still built up to it better. Midsommar has crazy foreshadowing, practically to the point of telling you everything that was gonna happen. 

I thought the pacing was also a little off, maybe due to it’s length but didn’t think it maintained the first escalation (even though that event was obvious too).

visually though it was spectacular. Such a unique colour pallate too to try convey horror in. 

I still liked it, I probably just had too high expectations. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

damn, S3 of The Handmaid's Tale was so good. The finale was one of the best i've seen in recent memory too.

right? i can't wait to see the fallout in season 4 (the final season)

Watched Spider-Man: Far From Home last night. I really enjoyed Gyllenhall as Mysterio and appreciated the MCU’s take on the iconic villain. Holland has proven himself to be my favorite film version of the character. He plays both Spider-Man and Peter Parker to perfection. That post credit cameo was amazing and I’m so glad they are integrating the character into the MCU. I did like Homecoming more though. 8.1/10 

5 hours ago, Ike said:

Watched Spider-Man: Far From Home last night. I really enjoyed Gyllenhall as Mysterio and appreciated the MCU’s take on the iconic villain. Holland has proven himself to be my favorite film version of the character. He plays both Spider-Man and Peter Parker to perfection. That post credit cameo was amazing and I’m so glad they are integrating the character into the MCU. I did like Homecoming more though. 8.1/10 

Every actor has done a good job representing Spider-Man. All the movies have had a unique look at the hero.