What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

God damn, that last revelation in the From finale gave me chills. It reminded me of the 

Reveal hidden contents

Flash forward in Lost’s season 3 finale. 

This is definitely the spiritual successor to Lost. 

oh damn i didn't know it was out.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Alright watched all of Black Mirror and that was by leagues the worst season of the bunch. Interest at near zero if that is the future direction the show will go in. 

Best ep was ep2 imo but even that wasn't really Black Mirrory. 

My favorite is Joan is Awful. But yeah, I can see one being disappointed with the show’s new direction. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Same, bro! That was peak-LOST stuff! 

I like that plot mechanic 

Spoiler

Tabitha will end up investigating things from outside the town and figure out how to return and get her family back. I think that will add an interesting new dynamic.

• aitch 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I like that plot mechanic 

Hide contents

Tabitha will end up investigating things from outside the town and figure out how to return and get her family back. I think that will add an interesting new dynamic.

Hell yeah! 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

My favorite is Joan is Awful. But yeah, I can see one being disappointed with the show’s new direction. 

Same, which made watching the eps after it all the more aweful, I had high expectations that they would be as good as the first

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Hell yeah! 

So, do you think it would be worth watching Lost for someone unfamiliar with that show? I think I watched most of the first season and bits of the 2nd, but that was a looooooooooong time ago, and I don't remember anything so it would basically be like going in fresh.

I see that its a whopping 121 episodes so It would definitely be a hell of a binge.

• aitch 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So, do you think it would be worth watching Lost for someone unfamiliar with that show? I think I watched most of the first season and bits of the 2nd, but that was a looooooooooong time ago, and I don't remember anything so it would basically be like going in fresh.

I see that it’s a whopping 121 episodes so It would definitely be a hell of a binge.

Fuck yeah! The journey is definitely better than the destination, but god damn, what an incredible journey! I’ve seen the whole series like 5 times. 

• aitch 1

So the Flash sh was kind of enjoyable. A complete mess of course. The opening scene was so bad that I felt bad for them. Like Xmen did the Quicksilver scenes way better like ten years ago and with better special effects. 

You can tell they bolted this thing together but the movie picks up with Batman and Supergirl. Both actually play bigger parts than I expected and I really liked them. It was nice seeing Keaton's Batman getting a modern layer of polish. It's actually some of the best Batman choreography and it's what people wanted with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. They absolutely did his Batman justice in the movie. It would have made more sense to follow Snyder's plan of a dark Batman played by Jeffery Dean Morgan, Keaton Batman delivered where Spiderman 3 just used a flimsy multiverse plot to bring back Mcguire. 

Supergirl is totally hot, angry, but not that unbearable strong female type. They kind of rushed her arch a bit for time but I hope they keep this version of the character. They wove her in to an alternative version of Man of Steel and it did work for me. Even the fighting is 

They did a clever thing by pairing the older and younger flash. You get a lot of efficient character development as he learns how difficult he can be how he comes off to everyone else. The end just fizzles out. Overall, it's ugly, has bad special effects but is mostly enjoyable. Definitely better than all of current wave of Marvel stuff outside of Spiderverse. 

• Thanks 1

Watched Extraction, the first movie, this past weekend while sucking down Margs late at night. Definitely a sickly produced movie.

It makes me believe that you could make a tv show out of the recent COD Modern Warfare games.

On 2023-06-27 at 7:44 AM, Twinblade said:

@-GD-XYou might like The Devil's Hour on Amazon Prime. Im on ep3, and while its a slow burn it has a strong 'the fuck is going on' type of vibe similar to mystery shows like From/Lost.

Literally my fav vibe in shows/movies and unfortunately my love for  the show/movie usually nosedives when I find out exactly what the fuck is going on :D

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Literally my fav vibe in shows/movies and unfortunately my love for  the show/movie usually nosedives when I find out exactly what the fuck is going on :D

did you watch the season 2 finale of From? DOPE AF!

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I never started FROM. Watched S1 of Yellowjackets instead and havent seen S2 yet.

But you guys gushing over FROM and saying it has Lost vibes is getting me keen to see it.

Oh yeah, major Lost vibes! It’s the first true spiritual successor to Lost. 

• aitch 1
14 minutes ago, Ike said:

*cough* The Leftovers *cough*

:comicbookguy:

I think it was it was its own thing. From feels like a horror Lost. Hell, the season 2 finale gave me the same chills I got from the season 3 Lost finale. 

Boy was that Flash movie quite a mess. But I wouldn't say that it was a boring mess. And I would say that there's some novelty in making a movie about a multi-verse and truly showing that it would be a complete mess that would be almost impossible to have a tidy ending.

Its also crazy how that whole story behind Warner Bros. completely cancelling the Batgirl movie resulted in this movie having to change or throw out alot of shit at the end, and be re-shot.

And, they just made it quite clear that this movie is a complete one-off non-canonical thing that isn't meant to be taken seriously.

I can see what they were trying to go for with that opening scene, but it probably needed a director as clever as James Gunn or Edgar Wright to pull of something that crazy and darkly comedic. Instead it was just messy, but somewhat funny and crazy.