Spiderman Digital Foundry - TLHBO. Final game identical to E3 demo.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I googled "lemcel" in image search, and I swear to God, this was the first result. They VERY first result to come up.    

the bhytre sea of tears itt  

- Final game has identical texture resolution to the E3 demo. The Spiderman suit material changed (E3 suit was glossy). An artistic change, not technical. - Per-pixel motion blur. Best implementa

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Legal US Citizen said:

$

$

The flat out say the lighting and shadows look better.. and while the puddle scene composition looks better in the 2017 demo, the puddle wasn't removed for any technical reason but rather likely an artistic reason due to the amount of time it would take to do that for every scene... so instead they fall back on screen space reflections and less accurate cube maps so that reflections are consistent throughout.

That's hardly saying what you guys were in the other thread that it was "downgraded" implying that the hardware wasn't capable...

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The flat out say the lighting and shadows look better.. and while the puddle scene composition looks better in the 2017 demo, the puddle wasn't removed for any technical reason but rather likely an artistic reason due to the amount of time it would take to do that for every scene... so instead they fall back on screen space reflections and less accurate cube maps so that reflections are consistent throughout.

That's hardly saying what you guys were in the other thread that it was "downgraded" implying that the hardware wasn't capable...

Nikka is reaching so hard! Lemcels :D 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The game is dropping down to 1584p and 900p with temporal injection, it's already operating at substandard resolutions even with advanced rendering reprocessing the image. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume changes made were because of hardware demands. 

Just now, Legal US Citizen said:

The game is dropping down to 1584p and 900p with temporal injection, it's already operating at substandard resolutions even with advanced rendering reprocessing the image. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume changes made were because of hardware demands. 

The game was running at 1440p during e3. So just stop embrassing yourself. 

1 minute ago, Legal US Citizen said:

Uh, not when you consider that the E3 demo was running at 1440p...  On average it appears to be SHARPER than the demo.

Also, while I agree the puddle scene looks better overall in the demo vs the final... the overall game and gfx appear to be improved.  Nothing drastic.. but I think they've made some nice artistic changes to the lighting and shadowing.  Not to mention the traffic actually does appear to be more dense in the final build.

But cutting out all the crap... it's a great looking game... I mean damn.  Very cinematic too.  Some of the texture work is sublime, and I think anyone into graphics has to give them some credit there.  Insomniac is improving rapidly.  If you look at Sunset Overdrive compared to Spider-man it's night and day. 

No downgrade here.. just some tweaks and changes here and there.  This happens with EVERY game.

7 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I thought we didnt use DF because they "lied" about FC5 ?

I never said they lied... I said they were wrong.  Big difference.

They could be wrong here too... lmao.  It's fine by me if you want to think different.. idc :shrug: 

OMG, these lemcels are literally CRASHING AND BURNING with their damage control.

They have to create damage control for their damage control.

You know, they ARE EXPERTS at water puddles, because they all currently have real-life puddles of tears around them, right now.:tom:

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I never said they lied... I said they were wrong.  Big difference.

They could be wrong here too... lmao.  It's fine by me if you want to think different.. idc :shrug: 

They aren't wrong , Sony fans are :juggle:

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

OMG, these lemcels are literally CRASHING AND BURNING with their damage control.

They have to create damage control for their damage control.

You know, they ARE EXPERTS at water puddles, because they all currently have real-life puddles of tears around them, right now.:tom:

Stealing jokes . Lmao Jerry Mencia