Forza 4 is 60 fps only in 1080p

Gynacop. :ben:

“Forza Horizon 4 is a graphical showcase for Xbox One X,” Fulton told GamingBolt, “giving players a chance to see the console’s power through both 4K/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS options.”

“With Forza Horizon 4, our goal was to give players a fun adventure within our open shared world with dynamic weather and changing seasons, regardless of platform,” he said when speaking of how they’ve made use of the added powers of the One X, before going on to discuss visual options on PC as well (which have already been confirmed). “Players on Xbox One X and high-end Windows 10 PCs will enjoy better graphical fidelity through native 4K resolution, improved textures, HDR, and improved lighting, among other features. With the additional headroom provided by Xbox One X, we are offering players the option to play the game at 60 frames per second at a lower resolution.”

What about the base Xbox One, though? Well, the game won’t be hitting 4K resolutions or 60 frames there, as you might expect, and you can instead look forward to what are, at least in comparison, much more standard specs. “The base Xbox One version will run at 1080p/30 FPS, delivering on our vision of a vast and beautiful open world of Britain with dynamic seasons,” Fulton said.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man that's just unplayable... on PS4

Wait, what? So now I have to defend cows? Since when?     

Fucking lemshits have been raped 

Just now, Goukosan said:

He sickly tried to preemptively damage control it in his "im taking Forza bets" thread. 

Watch him come in here and proclaim "I knew this all along".... lol

Not really... in that thread he obviously expected higher resolution than we're getting.

7 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You shouldn't have . It's one of the best looking games ever made . I'm surprised they got it to 60 at all .

Wonder if any other graohcial effects are sacrificed in that mode .

Heard they scapped Switch mode very early on

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You shouldn't have . It's one of the best looking games ever made . I'm surprised they got it to 60 at all .

Wonder if any other graohcial effects are sacrificed in that mode .

I thought 1440p would be doable, with some minor tweaks to the settings.. so this makes me think that they they didn't want to sacrifice any effects for that mode.  That's probably why they just dropped it all that was to 1080p to give themselves more than enough headroom so that even under the most demanding scenarios it'll hold 60.

That's the right call to make in a racing game.  Nobody wants the fps lurching between 40-60.. and FH games even at 1080p look good due to their AA.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I thought 1440p would be doable, with some minor tweaks to the settings.. so this makes me think that they they didn't want to sacrifice any effects for that mode.  That's probably why they just dropped it all that was to 1080p to give themselves more than enough headroom so that even under the most demanding scenarios it'll hold 60.

That's the right call to make in a racing game.  Nobody wants the fps lurching between 40-60.. and FH games even at 1080p look good due to their AA.

Roff this clown. Constantly talks shit about PS being 1440p, suddenly when it comes to his beloved Forza 1080p is "gud enuff"

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

He sickly tried to preemptively damage control it in his "im taking Forza bets" thread. 

Watch him come in here and proclaim "I knew this all along".... lol

What in the hell are you talking about? Developers seem to be getting different results from the hardware at 60 FPS, it was reasonable to assert the possibility of a higher resolution in 60 FPS operation.