US suicide rates increased more than 25% since 1999

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A radical shift in female independence breaking down the importance of family. A radical shift in parenting, the lack of discipline and consequences in the home, the typical household being a single p

It'd help if all of them after 35 didnt have baby rabies and know they can't fight either time or their biological instincts. Time exposes the hypocrisy better than anything.

What did he was wrong? He should have been born in 2018, become a feminist, taken up LGBT rights, and not get laid with normal women because no one actually wants any of these dudes? His best shot at

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

And subjugation of people of color because they looked different. Hell, a lot the native population of North America were just flat out murdered.

Ike, don't bother arguing with racists.  They can't be reasoned out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

EDIT: Deeno so racist even Aza is disavowing. :cruise: 

Edited by McWickedSmawt85
10 minutes ago, Ike said:

And subjugation of people of color because they looked different. Hell, a lot the native population of North America were just flat out murdered.

Yeah because they weren't here slaughtering each other for thousands of years for the same dumb shit they were slaughtered over by other people coming here. Oh but because they were all the same race it was okay right? But the evil whites came and then it's suddenly bad. But wait, I thought all races were just human beings so wouldn't that make a distinction upon race a racist act in and of itself?

You're a racist, congratulations. You'll make the distinction when it suits you and disregard it when it doesn't. You couldn't keep logical congruity if your life depended on it. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Back on suicide rates going up, I don't think things are gonna get better for a very long time the way things are going.

Now there's also social media in the mix around the same time line. The constant comparisons of what people have and what you don't and how everyone tries to one-up each other can make many feel left out or make them realize they can never achieve the same things. It's never good to compare yourself to others like this  but you can't really escape it these days even if you tried. 

Edited by bhytre
1 hour ago, kaz said:

i'm depressed for a few years now but I was never suicidal. :mjcry:  this is sad, health care in the USA is a joke, they don't value life. :mjcry: 

:mjgrin:K that explains why you are such a leech on this forum, wasting your life away one day at a time. Not that it matters, but I actually started ignoring  your stuff a while ago cause its always a pathetic attempt at attention no matter how low you need to sink to do that. After seeing you post here for years, I still have no idea who you are or what makes you an individual, even if its an online persona. Kinda like a random internet bot, who posts just for the sake of posting without anything to say,. I guess thats part of the routine, to help you cope with depression. Im only saying this cause thats exactly what a lot of the peeps on my Facebook are doing, trying to stuff their empty hole with random posts which nobody reads just to momentarily forget their misery. 

Heres a reminder - ditch your PC gaming, go outside, talk to people in RL and lose some weight. No need to thank me later:corns:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HolyAx said:

:mjgrin:K that explains why you are such a leech on this forum, wasting your life away one day at a time. Not that it matters, but I actually started ignoring  your stuff a while ago cause its always a pathetic attempt at attention no matter how low you need to sink to do that. After seeing you post here for years, I still have no idea who you are or what makes you an individual, even if its an online persona. Kinda like a random internet bot, who posts just for the sake of posting without anything to say,. I guess thats part of the routine, to help you cope with depression. Im only saying this cause thats exactly what a lot of the peeps on my Facebook are doing, trying to stuff their empty hole with random posts which nobody reads just to momentarily forget their misery. 

Heres a reminder - ditch your PC gaming, go outside, talk to people in RL and lose some weight. No need to thank me later:corns:

Carrying his Switch to play Mario Party outside while having no smartphone is great social Holyax advice.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah because they weren't here slaughtering each other for thousands of years for the same dumb shit they were slaughtered over by other people coming here. Oh but because they were all the same race it was okay right? But the evil whites came and then it's suddenly bad. But wait, I thought all races were just human beings so wouldn't that make a distinction upon race a racist act in and of itself?

You're a racist, congratulations. You'll make the distinction when it suits you and disregard it when it doesn't. You couldn't keep logical congruity if your life depended on it. 

Warring tribes isn't the same as the government making it a law that a tribe has to move from the land they've been on forever that lead to 8000 natives dying.

18 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

i just post here in between doto games. but thanks for the advice dude :D  I already got professional help to deal with alcoholism and boring work. now stick a pencil up your ass. life is good boys.

The huge income inequality and huge amount of poverty in the US can’t help. That’s definitely increased during that time period.

People feeling powerless over their lives because their government is corrupted by whoever the biggest bidder is can’t help matters. That’s another issue that got worse over that time period.

Changes in gender roles I’m sure contribute on some level as well. Of course people need to evolve with the times but some people genuinely feel displaced in a society that has changed from men as being the breadwinners and achievers. And their traditional family livelihoods have also been shipped overseas. Some folks are having an identity crisis. 

I’m really fortunate not to have any friends who have committed suicide, some others have not been so lucky. The UK shares some parallels with the US but overall not to the same degree.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kaz said:

i just post here in between doto games. but thanks for the advice dude :D  I already got professional help to deal with alcoholism and boring work. now stick a pencil up your ass. life is good boys.

Professional help and Dota - one step forward , two steps backwards :mickey: 

• NPC 1
16 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Says the dude without a fucking smartphone, you don't have viber and whatapps. You are a social degenerate by default.

No wonder you have so many mental problems when youre online 24/7. You dont need a smartphone to call/text people lmao :tom:

23 minutes ago, Truno2018 said:

The huge income inequality and huge amount of poverty in the US can’t help. That’s definitely increased during that time period.

People feeling powerless over their lives because their government is corrupted by whoever the biggest bidder is can’t help matters. That’s another issue that got worse over that time period.

Changes in gender roles I’m sure contribute on some level as well. Of course people need to evolve with the times but some people genuinely feel displaced in a society that has changed from men as being the breadwinners and achievers. And their traditional family livelihoods have also been shipped overseas. Some folks are having an identity crisis. 

I’m really fortunate not to have any friends who have committed suicide, some others have not been so lucky. The UK shares some parallels with the US but overall not to the same degree.

poverty has decreased exponentially in north America the past 30 years, suicide rates should follow suit, no? 

4 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

poverty has decreased exponentially in north America the past 30 years, suicide rates should follow suit, no? 

If you mean North America as a continent I wasn’t referring to that.

From what I’ve constantly read and heard poverty has increased in the USA.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200463/us-poverty-rate-since-1990/#0

In 1999 it was 11.9%, in 2010 it went up to 15.1%, in 2016 it went down to 12.7%.

Poverty is certainly up compared to 1999 in 2016 but maybe there’s some 2017/2018 data somewhere.