Fortnite cross-platform play beta starts today on PS4, #4ThePlayers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol now the losers at MS can shut up about this nonsense.  Nobody fucking cares, make exclusives and stop virtue signalling. 

Who gives a shit, 99% of people bitching were all not PS4 owners. Now we can stop pretending anyone ever really gave a fuck.

The only good news about this is this eases MS going multiplat on PS5. That's about it.

Just now, Beta Bux Romeo said:

On that other big gaming forum where they had a 100 page thread about no cross play, no everyone is discussing how bad Sony's ex-excuses where. No one actually says yes I'm going to cross play now.

LMAO proving the point further.

Their excuses were terrible, and I'm sure everyone who actually plays is going to enjoy the benefit of this. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Their excuses were terrible, and I'm sure everyone who actually plays is going to enjoy the benefit of this. 

The excuses are irrelevant when in reality all the people bitching were never planning to use it in the first place. Sony probably did market research and found out that 0.5% people actually cross play and said fuck it. Let's turn it on.

Edited by Beta Bux Romeo
Just now, Beta Bux Romeo said:

No way. Sony has exclusive content. Thats not happening and a marketing deal.

That's fine. The content can stay exclusive and still be tied to that user's account. Only people who were rewarded that content on PS4 can bring it over via cross-progression, so you'd have to play it on PS4 in order to obtain it or wait.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Let's be real. The real story here is cross-progression which needs to happen with all of the types of games, more specifically, Destiny 2.

Agreed, yeah it's made Play Anywhere a joy for me as an Xbox and PC owner because progression syncs wherever you play it. 

Now I'd love to see what Rockstar does with Red Dead Redemption 2, they're supporters of crossplay. This will be great for Fallout 76 as well, this could change gaming forever. This is something to celebrate and I hope it doesn't get fucked up by some stupid bureaucracy.

23 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Everyone should give a shit, do you know how many games on PC I've played over the last few decades that died out due to community stagnation because of the reliance on one community to sustain? This is great by any metric because it ensures a larger pool of players for years and years to come. 

Just curious which games you are talking about.

I think cross play hurts of a lot of genres. I'm glad that elder scrolls online isn't cross play even microshit would probably do it if sony isn't so stubborn. bless sony :bow: 

Just now, dakur said:

Exactly is the same with BC, everyone bitches about it and once it is available nobody uses it.

Except people do use BC, what a stupid comment to make on the eve of the most recent NPD lol. Modern Warfare 2 charted at #8 because of it being added to BC. 

Also crossplay is going to be something that just exists, you're going to be using it regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Gears 6 and Halo 7 cross play between PS5 and Xcuck, sounds good. Sony preparing for that MS multiplat future. TLHBR.

Don't worry the damage control for that scenario is in full effect for years now. "We play their games we finance microshit". They don't even care anymore if they have games or not. :laff: 

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

Just curious which games you are talking about.

I think cross play hurts of a lot of genres. I'm glad that elder scrolls online isn't cross play even microshit would probably do it if sony isn't so stubborn. bless sony :bow: 

Soldier of Fortune II, Delta Force, Quake III etc. Games that would no doubt still have a community if it was on say four platforms instead of just one. 

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Xgods are gonna destroy the movie gamers in any cross-play title when it happens :tom: 

Cows are so bad at online games :kaz: 

https://fortnitetracker.com/leaderboards/psn/KPG?mode=p2

https://fortnitetracker.com/leaderboards/xbox/KPG?mode=p9

lmfao, PlayStation players absolutely murder the Xtards in this game. :tom:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Except people do use BC, what a stupid comment to make on the eve of the most recent NPD lol. Modern Warfare 2 charted at #8 because of it being added to BC. 

Also crossplay is going to be something that just exists, you're going to be using it regardless. 

It's complete BS. Maybe they buy it but they don't play them. NPD is for bought games not how much people play the old games they already own. And if reselling old games is some sort of win then Sony already does that a lot by putting old games on PSN for sale. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/backward-compatible-xbox-360-games-are-less-than-2-of-xbox-one-usage-time/