Fortnite cross-platform play beta starts today on PS4, #4ThePlayers

1 minute ago, dakur said:

It's complete BS. Maybe they buy it but they don't play them. NPD is for bought games not how much people play the old games they already own. And if reselling old games is some sort of win then Sony already does that a lot by putting old games on PSN for sale. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/backward-compatible-xbox-360-games-are-less-than-2-of-xbox-one-usage-time/

Except Microsoft corrected them and destroyed their bullshit testing lol

We already went over this you retard. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol now the losers at MS can shut up about this nonsense.  Nobody fucking cares, make exclusives and stop virtue signalling. 

Who gives a shit, 99% of people bitching were all not PS4 owners. Now we can stop pretending anyone ever really gave a fuck.

The only good news about this is this eases MS going multiplat on PS5. That's about it.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Terrible damage control. Xflop gamers suck. :tom:

It makes sense in a weird way, FPS gaming is such a sparse thing on PlayStation and the PS4 did cannibalize the 360's community so one could say that maybe they're 360 players destroying PlayStation players.

:yeshrug:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It makes sense in a weird way, FPS gaming is such a sparse thing on PlayStation and the PS4 did cannibalize the 360's community so one could say that maybe they're 360 players destroying PlayStation players.

:yeshrug:

How is it sparse when it's the biggest platform? The only sparse thing is first party FPS titles on PlayStation. More people play FPS on PlayStation than any other platform. I get what you're saying, but it would be extremely difficult to even measure this.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Except Microsoft corrected them and destroyed their bullshit testing lol

We already went over this you retard. 

And you're still so retarded that you confuse percentage of time playing BC games with percentage of gamers which play BC games and total hours playing those games which are not directly comparable. We all know math gets your brain all tangled.

6 minutes ago, dakur said:

And you're still so retarded that you confuse percentage of time playing BC games with percentage of gamers which play BC games and total hours playing those games which are not directly comparable. We all know math gets your brain all tangled.

This discussion is over, if you want to get shit smeared all over this forum again by all means track down that thread and we'll go at it but this isn't the place.

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

How is it sparse when it's the biggest platform? The only sparse thing is first party FPS titles on PlayStation. More people play FPS on PlayStation than any other platform. I get what you're saying, but it would be extremely difficult to even measure this.

Sparse in terms of dedicated community, the hardcore online FPS player I guess you could say. That's always been a synonymous thing with Xbox whereas for PlayStation it's been single player experiences. More or less what I'm leaning to is that more experienced players and a part of the previous Xbox community has entered the PlayStation community and it's likely part of the reason that's reflected. More experienced players killing less experienced players to a higher degree etc. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sparse in terms of dedicated community, the hardcore online FPS player I guess you could say. That's always been a synonymous thing with Xbox whereas for PlayStation it's been single player experiences. More or less what I'm leaning to is that more experienced players and a part of the previous Xbox community has entered the PlayStation community and it's likely part of the reason that's reflected. 

I'd say that has almost if not completely diminished this generation. Both platforms offer a competitive landscape of players these days.

Just now, lynux3 said:

This leaked report from June so far has been spot on. If the streak continue name changing will be an option and announced during PlayStation Experience 2018.

https://thelootgaming.com/exclusive-sony-planning-on-introducing-cross-play-name-changes-and-ps-now-downloads-this-fiscal-year/

The name changing thing is kind of up in the air, the leaker of that has been drawn into question because he keeps changing the stipulation around it. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The name changing thing is kind of up in the air, the leaker of that has been drawn into question because he keeps changing the stipulation around it. 

I see. I haven't really followed it, just saw someone point it out at RetardEra. I personally will probably never change my name. I've been "lynux3" for decades. I'll take it with a grain of salt just like homeboy (Matt) that used to work for Ubisoft leaking that Sony has been planning to launch PS5 in 2019 the whole time.

2 minutes ago, teh_4th said:

Sony got out-alpha'd and man handled by Nintendo :aitch:

With Nintendo and Microsoft working together it wouldn't have been wise for Sony to lone-wolf things. It's just a bad look which could have serious ramifications in the future that clearly based upon this they're not willing to risk. 

Sure they could stick it out by themselves and see where that leads, but if it doesn't go well the end result is going to be really bad, so best to not take that risk and just play ball. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, teh_4th said:

Sony got out-alpha'd and man handled by Nintendo :aitch:

If anything, Nintendo got out-alpha'd and man handled by PSN. It's so bad most of their policies seem to be based around PSN. 6 month storage after lapsing, free games with subscription, F2P not requiring a subscription, etc.

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This discussion is over, if you want to get shit smeared all over this forum again by all means track down that thread and we'll go at it but this isn't the place.

I don't care. Everyone here knows you're a math retard who can't understand how percentages work. :shrug: 

14 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

If anything, Nintendo got out-alpha'd and man handled by PSN. It's so bad most of their policies seem to be based around PSN. 6 month storage after lapsing, free games with subscription, F2P not requiring a subscription, etc.

The difference is the paid service came with those perks from day 1 of the service. Nintendo didn't have to cave to any presure to implement that. 

Sony has been reluctant to do cross play for a long time. 

The only reason they caved is because Fortnite turned in to a phenomenon + Sony's competitors supported it + Fortnite started pushing console sales (according to NPD). 

It was inevitable that they would cave..... it was hilarious watching cows claim Sony won't cave till PS5 though.... few months after it launched on Switch... Boom... Sony caved :cmpunk2:

Just now, Goukosan said:

The difference is the paid service came with those perks from day 1 of the service. Nintendo didn't have to cave to any presure to implement that. 

Sony has been reluctant to do cross play for a long time. 

The only reason they caved is because Fortnite turned in to a phenomenon + Sony's competitors supported it + Fortnite started pushing console sales (according to NPD). 

It was inevitable that they would cave..... it was hilarious watching cows claim Sony won't cave till PS5 though.... few months after it launched on Switch... Boom... Sony caved :cmpunk2:

Don't know what cows you're referring to, but I never had any doubts Sony wouldn't implement this feature. I always argued that it wasn't a significant feature for me personally and provided evidence that most gamers don't care or are oblivious to its existence. Sony didn't cave, they saw an opportunity to retain and grow the biggest gaming userbase and online platform consoles have ever seen. :cmpunk1: