Physical media is the BEST!!!

1 minute ago, モンキー said:

lol thats brutal. I still like physical media though. Cool to have the option to sell them after you're done with them (unless they're burnt to a crisp :pavarotti: )

Yea, I mean.. I laugh...but this shit is actually devastating.  I totally get the draw of game collecting and having a nice gaming room setup.. and would never really consider the fact that accidents can happen as a reason against them.  That's fucking brutal and judging from the pic, he likely doesn't have insurance.  That's a harsh lesson.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, I mean.. I laugh...but this shit is actually devastating.  I totally get the draw of game collecting and having a nice gaming room setup.. and would never really consider the fact that accidents can happen as a reason against them.  That's fucking brutal and judging from the pic, he likely doesn't have insurance.  That's a harsh lesson.

Yeah, I have insurance, online documentation of everything in here categorically listed and photo documentation online. If something like this happened I'd be fine, if this guy didn't that would really suck. 

Imagine that same effect happening...........when your internet goes out.

Like the only genuine concern I have is disc-rot. But for the most part, me losing my games isn't going to be the main concern if I have a completely housefire.

And that's a housefire that spread all over. In many cases, only part of the house catches fire and the rest is smoke damage. It can survive smoke damage if you store them lower than 3-4ft from the floor.

1 hour ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Using this amazing logic, don't buy anything, buy your house in the cloud.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

the point goes right over your idiot heads.