RDR2 X1X will have a 4k texture pack

7 minutes ago, Bodycount NX said:

let's see what the content is, first. With destiny, it's a better game on playstation by far. the amount of content kept off of xbox intentionally was more than consequential enough to make the PS4 version the better one.

Same thing with Black Ops 4, imagine waiting like a bitch for 7 days for every new piece of content they add? :rofl: If you're heavily invested in that game and play it all the time there's really no debate, best on playstation isn't even enough to describe it, it's like playing the 'real' version vs playing the 'other version'. It was like that for COD on PS3 back in the day when MS actually gave a shit, if you played there you were disowned socially and looked down upon. :rofl: It's like that now for the 'Bone, just a million times worse.

second priority isn't even saying enough for xbox at this point. I think PC is even a better option right now.

God you are dumb, you get a 12 minute "exclusive" strike, a few pieces of armor and a ship. That's what you get for a game that you'll spend hundreds of hours playing. Absolutely inconsequential nonsense. What is not inconsequential is if you're a 4K TV owner and you have to live with the game running at half the resolution of the competitors machine, again in a game you'll spend hundreds of hours playing. 

Call of Duty? There's no way you can make 7 days into some kind of relevant damage control, it's 7 fucking days lol. Again the way the game looks is that way forever and it's worse on PlayStation hands down.

Want to know what Red Dead's "exclusive" content is? An outfit, a gun skin and a horse skin. :hest:

There's no way that you come out of this conversation not looking like a total moron. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just love how he always doubles back on things he's said elsewhere.  Like 2-3x the fps on PC in games means nothing... but this resolution bump is everything... It's a completely different experienc

What is Remipee doing in an RDR2 thread?    

The versions will have marginal differences. But when your console has no exclusives, you need to try and find some kind of ammo  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

God you are dumb, you get a 12 minute "exclusive" strike, a few pieces of armor and a ship. That's what you get for a game that you'll spend hundreds of hours playing. Absolutely inconsequential nonsense. What is not inconsequential is if you're a 4K TV owner and you have to live with the game running at half the resolution of the competitors machine, again in a game you'll spend hundreds of hours playing. 

Call of Duty? There's no way you can make 7 days into some kind of relevant damage control, it's 7 fucking days lol. Again the way the game looks is that way forever and it's worse on PlayStation hands down.

Want to know what Red Dead's "exclusive" content is? An outfit, a gun skin and a horse skin. :hest:

There's no way that you come out of this conversation not looking like a total moron. 

You're completely overlooking the fact that most people don't give a shit about resolution bumps...  Wait, I mean.. I KNOW that you know that... you've said as much before that PC versions of games are barely noticeably different from the X1X versions of games to the point where nobody would actually give a shit.  I've throw numbers at you like 2x the framerate and you say the game was designed to be perfectly playable on console...  You constantly go back and forth when it suits you.  You don't give a shit about 2x the performance, but expect cows to give a shit about slightly lower resolution?  So now, you believe that a hardly noticeable resolution bump makes the X1X version the best... when you don't even know what it will be... or how well it will perform in comparison to the PS4 version.  The PS4 version could be more stable and indeed provide the best experience... that along with exclusive content would completely trump what you perceive as an operational advantage for X1X... especially considering that you'll be spending hunderds of hours playing :roll: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You're completely overlooking the fact that most people don't give a shit about resolution bumps...  Wait, I mean.. I KNOW that you know that... you've said as much before that PC versions of games are barely noticeably different from the X1X versions of games to the point where nobody would actually give a shit.  I've throw numbers at you like 2x the framerate and you say the game was designed to be perfectly playable on console...  You constantly go back and forth when it suits you.  You don't give a shit about 2x the performance, but expect cows to give a shit about slightly lower resolution?  So now, you believe that a hardly noticeable resolution bump makes the X1X version the best... when you don't even know what it will be... or how well it will perform in comparison to the PS4 version.  The PS4 version could be more stable and indeed provide the best experience... that along with exclusive content would completely trump what you perceive as an operational advantage for X1X... especially considering that you'll be spending hunderds of hours playing :roll: 

The game runs at 1920x2160 on the Pro, and will likely be native 4K on the X or damn close to it, plus it appears to have high resolution textures in addition to that. 

Rockstar isn't using checkerboarding on the Pro, the game runs at a fixed 1920x2160 or 50% of 4K. The "4K Ultra HD" moniker is 9.5/10 times applied to a game that hits 4K on Xbox One X in some capacity, and it's applied to this game. 

They're not checkerboarding on the Pro so we all know they're not going to on the X, so that leaves a fixed 4K or dynamic with scaling to 4K as remaining options. Whatever incarnation it exists in will be around 4K. 80-100% higher render resolutions are not foreign to the X so there's no reason to think any differently now. You're going to visibly see the difference, you can already see the muddyness in the Pro footage/screenshots that've been released. Scaling down 50% on the vertical axis is going to greatly diminish IQ. 

You dumbshits say "slightly lower" incorrectly all the time to diminish differences, if it's an 80-100% higher resolution there's nothing "slightly" about it, that's a massive render increase, and a massive IQ increase. If it has high resolution textures as appears to be making its way out of the woodwork that's an even bigger differential. 

In terms of Forza Horizon 4 there is barely a difference visually between the Xbox One X version and the PC version running at peak settings, which I'm fully aware you're drawing on right now as a previous comment I made. Or maybe the Rise of the Tomb Raider comment. That's not even a resolution thing though the resolution is identical, that's a graphical settings thing. This game may be in near parity between the X in terms of settings bar the textures, but if the resolution is drastically different the game is going to look better respectively to a 4K display. 

The game runs at 1920x2160 on the Pro, and will likely be native 4K on the X or damn close to it, plus it appears to have high resolution textures in addition to that. 

Rockstar isn't using checkerboarding on the Pro, the game runs at a fixed 1920x2160 or 50% of 4K. The "4K Ultra HD" moniker is 9.5/10 times applied to a game that hits 4K on Xbox One X in some capacity, and it's applied to this game. 

They're not checkerboarding on the Pro so we all know they're not going to on the X, so that leaves a fixed 4K or dynamic with scaling to 4K as remaining options. Whatever incarnation it exists in will be around 4K. 80-100% higher render resolutions are not foreign to the X so there's no reason to think any differently now. You're going to visibly see the difference, you can already see the muddyness in the Pro footage/screenshots that've been released. Scaling down 50% on the vertical axis is going to greatly diminish IQ. 

You dumbshits say "slightly lower" incorrectly all the time to diminish differences, if it's an 80-100% higher resolution there's nothing "slightly" about it, that's a massive render increase, and a massive IQ increase. If it has high resolution textures as appears to be making its way out of the woodwork that's an even bigger differential. 

In terms of Forza Horizon 4 there is barely a difference visually between the Xbox One X version and the PC version running at peak settings, which I'm fully aware you're drawing on right now as a previous comment I made. Or maybe the Rise of the Tomb Raider comment. That's not even a resolution thing though the resolution is identical, that's a graphical settings thing. This game may be in near parity between the X in terms of settings bar the textures, but if the resolution is drastically different the game is going to look better respectively to a 4K display. 

The Xbox One X version will look INCONSEQUENTIALLY BETTER than the PRO version.  It will not make ONE FUCKING BIT of difference man.  

If Rockstar decided on 50% of the horizontal axis instead of using reconstruction methods it's very likely because the game and the anti-aliasing method the game incorporates plays nicely with the horizontal resolution to minimize aliasing.  The X1X version will look cleaner... but hardly so much as you'd want to think people care about.  You already know this shit and you're playing it up because it's the only advantage you can be sure the X1X will have.

Another thing... if the PRO version resolution is fixed... it's unlikely that the X1X will be dynamic.  Which means that if it's a locked native 4K, performance could be compromised in situations where the engine is stressed.. leading to an uneven less consistent experience... which almost everyone would agree is ultimately worse.

The Xbox One X version will look INCONSEQUENTIALLY BETTER than the PRO version.  It will not make ONE FUCKING BIT of difference man.  

If Rockstar decided on 50% of the horizontal axis instead of using reconstruction methods it's very likely because the game and the anti-aliasing method the game incorporates plays nicely with the horizontal resolution to minimize aliasing.  The X1X version will look cleaner... but hardly so much as you'd want to think people care about.  You already know this shit and you're playing it up because it's the only advantage you can be sure the X1X will have.

Another thing... if the PRO version resolution is fixed... it's unlikely that the X1X will be dynamic.  Which means that if it's a locked native 4K, performance could be compromised in situations where the engine is stressed.. leading to an uneven less consistent experience... which almost everyone would agree is ultimately worse.

The versions will have marginal differences. But when your console has no exclusives, you need to try and find some kind of ammo :D 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

The versions will have marginal differences. But when your console has no exclusives, you need to try and find some kind of ammo :D 

I just love how he always doubles back on things he's said elsewhere.  Like 2-3x the fps on PC in games means nothing... but this resolution bump is everything... It's a completely different experience!! SO much better! lmao come the fuck on.  If you want to big that shit up... be my guest... but then accept it when it goes against you as well.

• Haha 2
Just now, Remij_ said:

I just love how he always doubles back on things he's said elsewhere.  Like 2-3x the fps on PC in games means nothing... but this resolution bump is everything... It's a completely different experience!! SO much better! lmao come the fuck on.  If you want to big that shit up... be my guest... but then accept it when it goes against you as well.

How would Deeno have his current post count if he followed such rules :|

:ccruise:

Lol I agree. 

14 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

11 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Likely 80-100% higher resolution and high resolution textures

"Inconsequentially better"

"marginal differences"

You guys are always good for a laugh. 

:tom:

Lol it's going to be the same thing as always. 

Exclusive content for PS4, nothing for Xbox*

100 reviews for the playstation version, 5 for the xbox one at metacritic*

Every review, stream, video, all coverage in general will be of the PS4 version *

PS4 version outsells Xbox 10:1, all updates will roll out first on PS4

Same as always. Resident Evil 7 is a good example, runs better on Pro, had exclusive VR content, had all DLC delayed 2-3 weeks on roll out for Xbox, absolutely xbox players got the worse version there. 

if you have both consoles, trust me guys, go for Playstation every time. It's not worth it to be shut out and treated like a second class citizen with the 'Bone.

Likely 80-100% higher resolution and high resolution textures

"Inconsequentially better"

"marginal differences"

You guys are always good for a laugh. 

:tom:

You know inconsequential doesn't mean "unnoticeable" right? :drake: 

Presuming that the PRO version doesn't also incorporate these textures :danylol: 

And it's always a fun time when you play up X1X's advantages over PRO but downplay the PC's advantages over the X1X. :ovolol:

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You know inconsequential doesn't mean "unnoticeable" right? :drake: 

Presuming that the PRO version doesn't also incorporate these textures :danylol: 

And it's always a fun time when you play up X1X's advantages over PRO but downplay the PC's advantages over the X1X. :ovolol:

Oh I know what it means and the IQ difference WILL be significant. 

The Pro only has .5 GB's more RAM than the base system, the odds of it having them are slim to none. 

Oh I know what it means and the IQ difference WILL be significant. 

The Pro only has .5 GB's more RAM than the base system, the odds of it having them are slim to none. 

I've seen enough "4K" texture packs in my day to know that most of them do sweet fuck all. :hest: 

It essentially translates into "compressed" vs "uncompressed".. and the difference is usually tiny.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Most of them :reg: 

Shadow of War was also an Xbox marketed game.. RDR2 is a PS marketed game.  

All marketing a game entails is an offset in cost for financial damages which may be incurred by marketing the game around a specific system and not for others. This doesn't mean anything to do with the development is changed or compromised, they're not funding that.