UK sales. Pokemon and Spyro perform well, Fallout and Hitman poorly

One of the most competitive weeks of the year and there was Blooooood.

- Pokemon Let's Go finished no.1 if you combine both editions and had a big boost in pushing the hardware as it caused significant increase in other Switch games. MK8D was up 94%, BotW 52% up, SMO 30% up and Super Mario Party 25% up.

- However the sales of Let's Go were down considerably compared to the mainline 3DS games. Down more than 60% compared to Sun and Moon. 

-Spyro performed very well. With PS4 version accounting for 75% of the sales.

-Fallout 76 tanked. Sales down 82.4% from FO4

-Hitman 2 also did very poorly. Can't compare to Hitman due to the episodic release of that game but sales were 90% lower than Hitman Absolution.

As always, remember no digital data with UK sales

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-11-18-pok-mon-and-spyro-top-hyper-competitive-week-at-uk-games-retail

New Entry 1 Spyro Reignited Trilogy
1 2 Red Dead Redemption 2
New Entry 3 Fallout 76
New Entry 4 Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu
3 5 FIFA 19
New Entry 6 Pokémon Let's Go Eevee
2 7 Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
New Entry 8 Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle
6 9 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
New Entry 10 Hitman 2

Damn shame for Hitman 2 - but as I said in another thread, it released into a veritable mosh pit of acclaimed games, so yeah I could see it being left out in the cold; but Fallout 76 is number 3!? :pukes:

24 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Damn so maybe Pokemon Let's Go isn't a system seller after all. :shrug:

Pokemon Sun and Moon was sold when the 3DS had almost 100 million handheld sold.

Switch has 25% of the 3DS userbase and sold about 40% of what Sun/Moon did. That's pretty solid. And it'll probably have a long tail.

2 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Damn so maybe Pokemon Let's Go isn't a system seller after all. :shrug:

I told Gooberson and McDickhead to cool their jets on this game but they kept playing it up like it was some mainline game and would perform like one talking about 18 million sales and shit, clearly not... as I said..

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I told Gooberson and McDickhead to cool their jets on this game but they kept playing it up like it was some mainline game and would perform like one talking about 18 million sales and shit, clearly not... as I said..

You are an idiot

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

My god you're dense. :mj:

This is the UK only, It achieved #1 after 2 days. Sold in line with other mainline Pokémon games in the UK and pushed hardware sales after only 2 days of sales and this represents only physical sales. 

and last but not least you still have a  6 weeks left in the year(5 till Christmas) , the game isn't done selling... it's just begun. 

Edited by Goukosan
6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This comment is going to age beautifully. :cruise: 

• Haha 1

This is why third parties will never take Nintendo platforms too seriously, most new potential consumers just buy other first party games. It cannibalizes potential third party sales.

as it caused significant increase in other Switch games. MK8D was up 94%, BotW 52% up, SMO 30% up and Super Mario Party 25% up.

I mean, wow. :D 

49 minutes ago, Ramza said:

This is why third parties will never take Nintendo platforms too seriously, most new potential consumers just buy other first party games. It cannibalizes potential third party sales.

as it caused significant increase in other Switch games. MK8D was up 94%, BotW 52% up, SMO 30% up and Super Mario Party 25% up.

I mean, wow. :D 

are you a Lemming?  you're surprised that first party exclusives are system sellers? :drake:

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

are you a Lemming?  you're surprised that first party exclusives are system sellers? :drake:

Spider-Man sales aren't going to be up %94 when TLOU2 comes out next-year. Lol at denying that new adopters will gravitate towards a few Nintendo games and ignore almost everything else. :D 

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Spider-Man sales aren't going to be up %94 when TLOU2 comes out next-year. Lol at denying that new adopters will gravitate towards a few Nintendo games and ignore almost everything else. :D 

This is the UK bro.   A title selling 900 more copies in a week can translate to a 90% increase compared to a week ago. 

Is DynamiteCop posting from your account or something? lol

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

This is the UK bro.   A title selling 900 more copies in a week can translate to a 90% increase compared to a week ago. 

Is DynamiteCop posting from your account or something? lol

Nintendo games already have abnormally long legs at retail, selling at full price. This denial of the appeal of first party games on Nintendo console is pure insanity. The majority of consumer buy Nintendo systems for first party games first and foremost.

They enjoy a level of success that it's competitions can only dream of. Even with Sony being arguably at their best right now. BOTW, MK8, SMO are going to continue selling well for years to come. Smash and Pokemon too. In comparison GoW can't even keep up to one holiday season without slashing it's price in half. And it will be bargain binned and forgotten by the next, then hit PS free games line-up by the third holiday season. While BOTW still sell full price. 

How much it cannibalizes on sales of third parties is debatable but there's no way there's no negative impact to an extent.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Nintendo games already have abnormally long legs at retail, selling at full price. This denial of the appeal of first party games on Nintendo console is pure insanity. The majority of consumer buy Nintendo systems for first party games first and foremost.

They enjoy a level of success that it's competitions can only dream of. Even with Sony being arguably at their best right now. BOTW, MK8, SMO are going to continue selling well for years to come. Smash and Pokemon too. In comparison GoW can't even keep up to one holiday season without slashing it's price in half. And it will be bargain binned and forgotten by the next, then hit PS free games line-up by the third holiday season. While BOTW still sell full price. 

How much it cannibalizes on sales of third parties is debatable but there's no way there's no negative impact to an extent.

no one denied the appeal of Nintendo first party on their systems.....but its not the a Zero sum scenario as you initially tried to paint it as. 

Not all Nintendo software has long legs... only certain few titles will fall into evergreen status

Other Nintendo Titles will fall down to earth after the first month of sales as with every other software title under the sun. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

no one denied the appeal of Nintendo first party on their systems.....but its not the a Zero sum scenario as you initially tried to paint it as. 

Not all Nintendo software has long legs... only certain few titles will fall into evergreen status

Other Nintendo Titles will fall down to earth after the first month of sales as with every other software title under the sun. 

They still sell well for 'lesser' games, Mario Party passed the one million mark really quickly, Mario Tennis Aces sold well too.

They're doing better than most third parties on the system. 

Just now, Ramza said:

They still sell well for 'lesser' games, Mario Party passed the one million mark really quickly, Mario Tennis Aces sold well too.

They're doing better than most third parties on the system. 

Third parties are actually doing well on Switch.  The Majority of them have been happy with their sales, from Capcom, Bethesda, Take 2, Square Enix. After the failure of the Wiiu... they wanted to test the waters with Switch and so far the titles have sold well.   

Yes Mario Party, Tennis and the B titles did well... but they're not going to be evergreens like Kart, Oddessy and BOTW.