Anyone else annoyed with how many streaming services there are?

It's becoming so fragmented. Once Disney and Warner have their own are we expected to have 5 different streaming services? 

YouTube is making a big push too. 

I have Netflix and Prime now, I want HBO I'm going to want the Disney shit, it's getting ridiculous. Can't they all just play nice with each other and have all the shows on 2, maybe 3 services? 

Netflix

Amazon

Hulu

Youtube

Disney 

HBO now

Cbs all access

Showtime

Starz

Fox 

Warner 

Yuck, hopefully a bunch of them fail and reconsolidate. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Now you understand why I've almost completely abandoned PC and its platform shit show. 

Nope I don't understand. Those are just storefronts, you don't have to pay anything until you want to buy a game just like if you were to go to Walmart, gamestop or bestbuy. These are monthly billed services. 

1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

Nope I don't understand. Those are just storefronts, you don't have to pay anything until you want to buy a game just like if you were to go to Walmart, gamestop or bestbuy. These are monthly billed services. 

What?

Storefronts which all come with different terms, usage and refund policies if any, logins and passwords, features, communities, friend networks, not to mention your games are attached to them so no it's nothing like just going to Walmart, GameStop or Bestbuy. 

No, because unlike cable subscriptions, you can get a streaming service just long enough to watch what you want, then ditch it until the next season comes out.  You don't have to buy 500 channels of bullshit and ESPN to watch one show.  Streaming services allow you to pick and choose your content à la carte, so overall you can spend far less cash for the exact same content.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

@Cookester15 If you want to ditch all of that dumb shit and consolidate I can PM you information for a private paid site.

Over 11,000 movies, over 1,800 TV shows. 

Pm me too. I don’t mind Netflix (I use it like crazy), but I’m looking to ditch cable. 

31 minutes ago, McWicked said:

No, because unlike cable subscriptions, you can get a streaming service just long enough to watch what you want, then ditch it until the next season comes out.  You don't have to buy 500 channels of bullshit and ESPN to watch one show.  Streaming services allow you to pick and choose your content à la carte, so overall you can spend far less cash for the exact same content.

Hmmm there’s truth to this 

No. I don't have enough time to watch everything I'd like to anyway so I just stick with Netflix, Amazon, and, for sports, YouTubeTV. I'll sub to HBO for a couple months for Game of Thrones, but that's about it.

Disney's putting all the content I'd care about on Hulu, so if anything I'll drop Netflix and YouTubeTV for Hulu + Live TV.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What?

Storefronts which all come with different terms, usage and refund policies if any, logins and passwords, features, communities, friend networks, not to mention your games are attached to them so no it's nothing like just going to Walmart, GameStop or Bestbuy. 

lol stfu nobody cares. as if you read every terms of use agreement and whatever. but in your case it might actually be true you sit down and waste an hour reading all the shit just to be a bitter smart ass 

Just now, kaz said:

lol stfu nobody cares. as if you read every terms of use agreement and whatever. but in your case it might actually be true you sit down and waste an hour reading all the shit just to be a bitter smart ass 

If you're going to be investing potentially thousands of dollars and decades into a platform it's not a bad idea to be familiar with the terms.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If you're going to be investing potentially thousands of dollars and decades into a platform it's not a bad idea to be familiar with the terms.

i don't know anyone who reads all that shit with every update there's a new wall of text. And nobody cares about your shitty friend lists or different pw. It's not an issue at all. The comparison is completely retarded.

15 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I have Netflix, Vue and Prime, but I use Prime for shipping purposes only. I rarely ever look at the content.

The Grand Tour is pretty much the only show worth watching. Although I've heard good things about Jack Ryan.

Edited by Ike
1 minute ago, Ike said:

The Grand Tour is pretty much the only show worth watching. Although I've heard good things about Jack Ryan.

I actually watched Man in the High Castle and  Turn I think on Prime Video. I also heard Jack Ryan was good I'll have to check it out.