Anthem impressions from John from DF

46167654264_4d3ac66d13_o.png

Apparently the game is(was?) a mess the first day.  Connection issues, rubber banding, game not working/crashing.  PC issues like an infinite loading screen and mouse acceleration issues, as well as performance issues.  The major PC and PS4 issues were apparently fixed, and they are still working on fixes for the XO version of the demo/game.  Apparently the PRO version is worse though, and drops to 10fps at times :D 

They say that since this build, they've done some performance optimizations and other things will be added.. but damn... what a clusterfuck.  EA wont be getting many more chances.  If this game comes out and flops hard (which is quite likely) then that's a string of like 3-4 flops from EA in a row.. and news of them cancelling all their Star Wars projects..  Shareholders will be getting tired of it to be sure.

Found that old ass post from when he leaked Sony skipping E3. 

RuthenicCookie

Enter PSN ID

72d

Mostly on both but obviously going to be made for the PS5, Most developers already has the dev kit for ps5 and from what I’ve heard EA is testing Anthem on it

Edit : Anthem is a mess on This gen Consoles, Going to get delayed

From RuthenticCookie. Old Post. 

Edit : Same answer as before it will get delayed, The thing is The Modified Frostbite engine on consoles isn’t performing how they want to, The gameplay you see on live-streams are all modified demos

Edit edit : Ea wants it out before their earning report in March. That’s all that matters not if the game is ready or not

Not only all the problems on every version, it's also hilarious to see how much the game has been downgraded since the initial reveal..  I think I remember saying at the time that it wouldn't be... I'm always wrong about that :hest: 

I'm too optimistic for my own good. :( 

Still a great looking game though.

The graphics are good when playing , I think the graphics are only average when in the city . And it feels wierd .

Wouldn't connect on Xbox so couldn't play it there and PC had so much lag I had to play sp which was not fun .

Gameplay , good . Destiny clone ? The biggest I've ever seen .

Demo left a bad first impression. 

37 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not only all the problems on every version, it's also hilarious to see how much the game has been downgraded since the initial reveal..  I think I remember saying at the time that it wouldn't be... I'm always wrong about that :hest: 

I'm too optimistic for my own good. :( 

Still a great looking game though.

Yeah, the first clip of them walking through the hub area looked incredible. But in the full game it looks almost a gen behind...

I figure they are soft-launching it, they dupe the same people who buy EA games at launch, probably direct people towards getting it on their EA monthly games service.

And the developer tries to fix it and add more content throughout the year, in time for a major DLC in Holiday 2019.

But I doubt Bioware can do the same stuff that Bungie can.  If the level design is underwhelming, that may be a sign of things to come.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I figure they are soft-launching it, they dupe the same people who buy EA games at launch, probably direct people towards getting it on their EA monthly games service.

And the developer tries to fix it and add more content throughout the year, in time for a major DLC in Holiday 2019.

But I doubt Bioware can do the same stuff that Bungie can.  If the level design is underwhelming, that may be a sign of things to come.

All of these service based games are going about things the same way so it shouldn't be a surprise, the only one that's done it right though IMO is Sea of Thieves and that's no doubt in part to Game Pass.  All the work they do doesn't translate to any extenuating cost the consumer outside of the initial purchase due to subscriptions which is how it should be done. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

All of these service based games are going about things the same way so it shouldn't be a surprise, the only one that's done it right though IMO is Sea of Thieves and that's no doubt in part to Game Pass.  All the work they do doesn't translate to any extenuating cost the consumer outside of the initial purchase due to subscriptions which is how it should be done. 

Yeah,

Sea of Thieves was so crappy and devoid of content, it had nowhere to go but up.

LOL, stop embarrassing yourself. I love how people think that the game has "quietly" become good. It hasn't.

Finally got in the Xbox demo . Yikes.

Hopefully this demo isn't representative of the final game , because both the PC version and Xbox have massive problems .

Ea should be ashamed of themselves for even releasing this lmao

51 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Ugh this sucks :( 

My friends and I need a new online co op game since we are done with MHW and I don't want to wait for Division 2. Hopefully comes out in a better state than his demo. 

It's been a while since I've played good coop games.

Last time was Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Siege in a very good day (if you didn't happen to find grievers)

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah,

Sea of Thieves was so crappy and devoid of content, it had nowhere to go but up.

LOL, stop embarrassing yourself. I love how people think that the game has "quietly" become good. It hasn't.

:hest: 

The game is great.  Always was. :reg: 

• Upvote 1