Brie Larson Doesn’t Want ‘Captain Marvel’ Press Tour To Be “Overwhelmingly White Male”

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Also let's clear one thing, anyone thinking that an interview with Marie Claire isn't totally planned in full ahead of time, with Brie Larson's PR team telling the interviewer what to ask and going over the questions and answers being totally prepared and so on is literally gullible AF 

Actors don't make 'announcements', this is how shit is done. Come on, no one here is really dumb enough to think 'oh I just innocently mentioned it', didn't want a story to come out of it.

If that matter of not is another issue though. 

Yeah, she's definitely broadcasting her agenda to all the white guys in the world..........by putting her words in Marie Claire.

Don't you think you're trying to exaggerate some things here?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The clitoris has 8,000 nerve endings and still isn't as sensitive as white guys on the internet.

The Jerry Merry Go Round really is something else.  'So what you're saying is....'  'You won't answer this' (Procedes to answer this) 'You sound...' 'you sound like you're'  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Also let's clear one thing, anyone thinking that an interview with Marie Claire isn't totally planned in full ahead of time, with Brie Larson's PR team telling the interviewer what to ask and going over the questions and answers being totally prepared and so on is literally gullible AF 

Actors don't make 'announcements', this is how shit is done. Come on, no one here is really dumb enough to think 'oh I just innocently mentioned it', didn't want a story to come out of it.

If that matter of not is another issue though. 

Exactly... lmao 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, she's definitely broadcasting her agenda to all the white guys in the world..........by putting her words in Marie Claire.

This is like when rural old white men complained about Caitlyn Jenner being shoved down their throats because she was on the cover of Vanity Fair.  As if any of them gave a shit about Vanity Fair.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yeah because words in Marie Claire stay at Marie Claire right...... cause 'journalism' these days isn't every site on the planet picking lines from a single interview with other publications. We all know about these quotes because we read Marie Claire right? 

I don't know why you play so dumb sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Fragile white people being angered is the issue, here.  Glad we can agree on that.

Why are you, as a black person, concerned with the feelings of some white people who get buttmad at some white woman including minorities in her Press Tour?

Because some of those fragile white people who maybe would have voted for Hillary went and voted for a dumpster fire. I see this shit all the time, the constant belittling of white men,  it's all over the media, universities, news etc. And then when they respond to it sjw's double down on it and it just gets more vitriolic. In my opinion it's not helping. This country has progressed so far at a good pace and then suddenly in the 2010's people started going bat shit crazy.  I don't get it

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Semi-related - I always laugh, when people say things like as if certain movies are made for specific groups only... I mean.. if a movie isn't made specifically for someone about something they agree with... it's made for them to learn from...  If you want to make people CHANGE... then you have to be willing to accept that they can learn from it in the first place.

Ehhhh.......the movie industry is really "wide"  There's a reason when there was a huge action blockbuster, that somebody would also release a feminine rom-com cheesy movie, because they calculated that the women would be turned off by the action-blockbuster that they would seek counter-programming.

I specifically remember the worst aspects about gamers absolutely losing their shit about Wii games in gaming forums.

There were people who were F-U-R-I-O-U-S, I mean absolutely livid..........that developers would make fun, light games on the Wii that appealed to young children and older folks.

Mind you, these people already had their fucking Hideo Kojima games, their CoD, their movie-games..........but they demanded that ALL GAMES must be made for just THEIR TASTE, and no one elses.

And I remember thinking back then that video gamers really embarassed themselves by thinking that way, and imagine if MOVIE SNOBS behaved that way.

Imagine if there was a group of movie snobs who watch Lars Von Trier and Darren Aronofsky movies, and they absolutely lost their shit because the Cineplex was also playing Madagascar 3? I've never seen a movie snob even care about stuff like that.

I am reminded of the movie Maria Antionette, directed by Sofia Coppola, starring Kirsten Dunst. Never watched it, it looks silly. But I know its not remotely made for my tastes.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah because words in Marie Claire stay at Marie Claire right...... cause 'journalism' these days isn't every site on the planet picking lines from a single interview with other publications. We all know about these quotes because we read Marie Claire right? 

:kaz: 

1 minute ago, The Alt-Right said:

This country has progressed so far at a good pace and then suddenly in the 2010's people started going bat shit crazy. 

Why do you think that is?  What there something that happened fairly recently prior to 2010 that could have caused a lot of white people to get ass-blasted in America?

Surely there was something.  I just can't quite put my finger on it. :obama: 

This is amazingly close to the exact same arguments Anita Sarkeesian used to critique video games. :bena: 

So..........she had to have the forsight to know that ComicbookMovies.com was going to take that Maria Claire interview and spread it all around.

..........and she's supposed to do WHAT EXACTLY, to keep her words at a low-enough level for you to be satisfied?

You are basically saying that she has to keep absolutely quiet, because if she speaks anywhere, you are saying that she is making a huge announcement across the world.

C'mon dude.......I'm not the one playing stupid.

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

This is amazingly close to the exact same arguments Anita Sarkeesian used to critique video games. :bena: 

I have no idea what you're referring to or how that has anything to do with any of this. Jerry's 'but it's Marie Claire' argument is laughably bad. Feel free to support it though. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:kaz: 

I mean fmd, the source linked in the OP isn't even Marie Claire. Like this isn't on E, TMZ and every other entertainment site on the planet. 

So..........she had to have the forsight to know that ComicbookMovies.com was going to take that Maria Claire interview and spread it all around.

..........and she's supposed to do WHAT EXACTLY, to keep her words at a low-enough level for you to be satisfied?

You are basically saying that she has to keep absolutely quiet, because if she speaks anywhere, you are saying that she is making a huge announcement across the world.

C'mon dude.......I'm not the one playing stupid.

Every Jerry post: 'What you're basically saying is...': goes on to totally change your words and shift his losing argument. 

Oh you are definitely playing dumb or are just dumb if you think the PR teams of the biggest actors in the planet and the upcoming biggest movie of Q1 don't know that the interview is going to be picked up everywhere. 

I'm saying this like all actor interviews with every major publications is pre planned, heavily PR influenced and moderated. You can be dumb and pretend otherwise. 

I have no idea what you're referring to or how that has anything to do with any of this. Jerry's 'but it's Marie Claire' argument is laughably bad. Feel free to support it though. 

Seems to me your issue isn't with Marie Claire, but with Quad Damage for quoting Marie Claire on the forum.  Allow me to vouche for him because, despite this thread being nothing more than a triggered white guy jerk off thread, Quad Damage is a master of the necro bump and him getting you upset is no reason to ban him.   :cmpunk1:

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I mean fmd, the source linked in the OP isn't even Marie Claire. Like this isn't on E, TMZ and every other entertainment site on the planet. 

Okay then, that's sloppy ass journalism that almost seems like it was created to get some clicks.

I believe that's called tabloid reporting.

How exactly is Brie Larson supposed to combat the fact that lazy-ass websites post intentionally baiting headlines that ensnare people like Cooke into creating alt-right baiting threads?

I mean, just how responsibility is Brie Larson supposed to have in this scenario? 

Every Jerry post: 'What you're basically saying is...': goes on to totally change your words and shift his losing argument. 

Oh you are definitely playing dumb or are just dumb if you think the PR teams of the biggest actors in the planet and the upcoming biggest movie of Q1 don't know that the interview is going to be picked up everywhere. 

I'm saying this like all actor interviews with every major publications is pre planned, heavily PR influenced and moderated. You can be dumb and pretend otherwise. 

No, you are trying to make the point that she made an "Announcement" That she wanted to be loud and wide with what she was saying.

Now you're trying to say that Pre-planned is something inherently sinister on her behalf.

You're goddamn right it was pre-planned............she thought about it for an entire year beforehand and spoke to various people about it.

Are you saying she should've NOT thought it through??????????

Notice how you're not really going to respond to any of my points, and will be avoiding from this point forward?  I'll definitely notice.

Okay then, that's sloppy ass journalism that almost seems like it was created to get some clicks.

I believe that's called tabloid reporting.

How exactly is Brie Larson supposed to combat the fact that lazy-ass websites post intentionally baiting headlines that ensnare people like Cooke into creating alt-right baiting threads?

I mean, just how responsibility is Brie Larson supposed to have in this scenario? 

I already said in the exact same post:

If that matter or not is another issue though. 

I clearly say if that matters or not is another issue, I'm fine with her announcing it and saying how great she is. Go ahead. I was just throwing out the laughable notion that you and others were saying that this wasn't announcing things. Any interview with any major publication that deals with your PR teams are announcing every word you say. I'm sorry to break the illusion of Hollywood to you Jerry, didn't want to kill your dreams of the reality they project.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you are trying to make the point that she made an "Announcement" That she wanted to be loud and wide with what she was saying.

Now you're trying to say that Pre-planned is something inherently sinister on her behalf.

You're goddamn right it was pre-planned............she thought about it for an entire year beforehand and spoke to various people about it.

Are you saying she should've NOT thought it through??????????

Notice how you're not really going to respond to any of my points, and will be avoiding from this point forward?  I'll definitely notice.

I'm more than happy for her to go on stage and announce to the planet her wonderous deeds Jerry. Just know that it was planned and announced and that maybe you're a gullible little fool.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I already said in the exact same post:

If that matter or not is another issue though. 

I clearly say if that matters or not is another issue, I'm fine with her announcing it and saying how great she is. Go ahead. I was just throwing out the laughable notion that you and others were saying that this wasn't announcing things. Any interview with any major publication that deals with your PR teams are announcing every word you say. I'm sorry to break the illusion of Hollywood to you Jerry, didn't want to kill your dreams of the reality they project.

We're not trying to say that Brie Larson was INNOCENTLY saying something in passing.

Where did we say that?

Go find our posts where we make that insinuation. She CLEARLY has something to say, and she went about doing it in the most non-exploitative way possible.

You guys think she is grandstanding.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm more than happy for her to go on stage and announce to the planet her wonderous deeds Jerry. Just know that it was planned and announced and that maybe you're a gullible little fool.

Now that's a cut-and-run if I ever saw one.

You really are trying hard to find something "sinister"........or "manipulative" in this story.

And your proof ended up being..............the very thing WE ALREADY POINTED OUT.

You sound vengeful, you sound like you're trying to find something to bring her down a peg.