• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kaz, you're the alcoholic that went catatonic. 

Wouldn't you not want to see Dumbo, then?

real joker trailer

I keep on thinking that Warner Bros. and DC will eventually force the movie to pull back and stick to the regular comic book tropes.

But that trailer is promising. What if its just a stand-alone movie of a guy who just goes crazy? The inspiration here kind of seems like Taxi Driver where the guy is just slowly losing it until the end he finally transforms into a total psycho.

The director of the movie isn't exactly known for high-art movies. Although he did make that movie about gun-running with Jonah Hill, and that was pretty solid.

30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But that trailer is promising. What if its just a stand-alone movie of a guy who just goes crazy? The inspiration here kind of seems like Taxi Driver where the guy is just slowly losing it until the end he finally transforms into a total psycho.

yeah i thought the same, just a normal dude falling down. 

Bildergebnis für falling down

Apparently, its got Robert DeNiro in it, and you saw him briefly as the dancing guy on the TV.

So people are now pointing out that this may be heavily influenced by another Scorcese movie that most people never saw.

The King of Comedy, starring Robert DeNiro.

Its similar to Taxi Driver. He's a struggling comedian who has mental problems, and he ends up doing dark things in order to make it big.

That's pretty much a typical storyline for the Joker.

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Apparently, its got Robert DeNiro in it, and you saw him briefly as the dancing guy on the TV.

So people are now pointing out that this may be heavily influenced by another Scorcese movie that most people never saw.

Its similar to Taxi Driver. He's a struggling comedian who has mental problems, and he ends up doing dark things in order to make it big.

i so love this direction. 

6 minutes ago, zwarior said:

I don't know if I like it. I go to movies to see other people's stories, I don't want to see myself up on the screen like that like its a mirror

Wouldn't you not want to see Dumbo, then?

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Heavy 'The Killing Joke' inspiration for this without a doubt

2 hours ago, McWicked said:

Jared Leto on suicide watch.

Not suicide squad watch, that got canned.

I think jared leto doesn't care. He said it that he felt "betrayed" or something that they cut scenes from the movie and the joker he was playing was just bad fan service.

Don't hate the man for it, he could've played him really well in his way. He's an amazing actor, he doesn't deserve shit in the slightest bit for his Joker in a 100% garbage movie.