[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

Let me take a wild guess here you haters of the last episode are Daenerys fans right?

This bitch is losing her mind and so are you guys :D

11 minutes ago, Vini said:

What tactics? Let the zombies run in? Go after the three eyed Raven? Where's the tactics?

This dude's been in like 6 scenes total and I've never seen any planning or tactics. I haven't even seen him communicate in any way. You're just making shit up now

Want to reply to the rest of the comment too not conveniently leave all that stuff out?

He controls all the wights, he doesn't need to talk to them, there are more forms of communication than just speech.

Again you said the show didn't give you any sense that he was conscious lol So basically the WWs should be running around mindless killing too. Not standing back and watching from a distance every scene for multiple seasons. Not choosing to let Sam live at one point. Not waiting a thousand years for this attack. etc etc

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Obviously :D 

Imagine being a ASOIAF fan, get super excited about the role of Euron, then get cast as Euron in the show and then receiving the scripts from the show :D

Man the lack of the Iron Islands story in the show breaks my heart :( one of my favs from the books.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Want to reply to the rest of the comment too not conveniently leave all that stuff out?

He controls all the wights, he doesn't need to talk to them, there are more forms of communication than just speech.

Again you said the show didn't give you any sense that he was conscious lol So basically the WWs should be running around mindless killing too. Not standing back and watching from a distance every scene for multiple seasons. Not choosing to let Sam live at one point. Not waiting a thousand years for this attack. etc etc

Just because they all flock to a leader doesn't make him tactical or conscious. Plenty of animal species have leaders they organize around doesn't make them conscious or intelligent in the same way humans are

He was the smartest kid in a retard class. Whoopty fuckin doo. Also his lieutenants were always useless. Jon killed one while exhausted and the other one got killed by that fat fuck Sam. So I'm not surprised they couldn't even see Arya coming especially after she's been training to be stealthy for years. 

Whatever man this argument is stupid. I disagree that the Night King was in any way mishandled in episode 3. In fact that episode is my favorite since 6x10. Loved the way they sent off Theon and Jorah. Loved the battle scenes especially the sky scenes with the dragons in the clouds. Loved the fact that Arya took out that ugly spiky dickhead. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I think it's pretty clear that the Night King was a tactful and conscious being but he simply had a single motivation and cared for nothing else. 

I'll give you that. But to claim that he was built up as some genius master planner and got shafted at the end is simply not true. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Real talk though, which NK was better?

gameofthrones15_160-e1433216820661.jpg?w

game_of_thrones_night_king_via_hbo_site_

I liked the replacement but personally I think the original one looked much more menacing. 

Can't tell much difference other than the jawline just looks angrier in the first pic. 

9 minutes ago, Vini said:

I'll give you that. But to claim that he was built up as some genius master planner and got shafted at the end is simply not true. 

Absolutely no body here claimed that. You're literally creating a strawman to argue against.

I laughed at your notion his wasn't conscious and that he was a mindless zombie.

and every NK/WW complaint here is regarding the narrative of it and the supposed end of the arc. Same way you love how Theon's arc ended because it was perfect, well many dislike the NK/WW arc because it isn't in any way satisfying the narrative set up that story has received. 

Again, that story is so big it's getting it's own show.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Absolutely no body here claimed that. You're literally creating a strawman to argue against.

I laughed at your notion his wasn't conscious and that he was a mindless zombie.

and every NK/WW complaint here is regarding the narrative of it and the supposed end of the arc. Same way you love how Theon's arc ended because it was perfect, well many dislike the NK/WW arc because it isn't in any way satisfying the narrative set up that story has received. 

Again, that story is so big it's getting it's own show.

you're the one who started this argument. I'm just saying my theory is he has no backstory, not after he got turned into the NK. They explained in the second episode of this season that the white walkers serve no purpose other than to represent death. There is no arc there. 

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but nothing I've seen so far suggests otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Vini said:

you're the one who started this argument. I'm just saying my theory is he has no backstory, not after he got turned into the NK. They explained in the second episode of this season that the white walkers serve no purpose other than to represent death. There is no arc there. 

I agree there is no arc there because there is no story there, there is no depth. People wanted there to be more, they wanted a more satisfying ending to him as if he meant more. The god damn character was changed and no one even noticed or said anything but he's super important lol...

Yikes

• Upvote 1
Just now, Vini said:

Yeah I started the argument at your laughable 'the show doesn't even suggest the NK is conscious' and he's just a red herring and mindless zombie comments which are ridiculously wrong. 

Everyone here already has said there is zero complaints with their 'plan' simply being to kill the living. We know. None of the complaints are against that. 

The NK was always either a red herring or connected to a more important character. Both options were totally legit considering how they've presented him so far. 

He turned out to be a red herring

Edited by Vini

@Remij_ and @madmaltese.... Where in the show was it implied that there was more back story to the night king than what they already had shown? 

The children of the night, the 3 eyed Raven, Bran and his flashbacks already gave us the Entire back story of the Night's King. 

Where are you guys getting it from, that there wae supposedly more to him than being weapon of mass destruction that couldn't be controlled? 

Edited by Goukosan

Man...I like dissecting shows too. But fuck..some of you guys go overboard. 

It’s been a fun, love/hate journey. There have been good/great/epic/ok/bad moments throughout the series. Even if the finale disappoints, it’s ok. Season 5 sucked, and there have been many dull episodes throughout the show  (yes, even in seasons 2 and 3). But, as a whole, I’ve enjoyed the ride. I hope I love the final 2 eps. But I’m ok if I don’t.

Edited by -GD-
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic