If Microsoft comes out of the gate swinging next-gen, how can the PS5 compete?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're always good for a laugh.

Does deenotard purposely set himself up to get ass raped?

he's voting for the losing team to feel special

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Link to those games release dates . Or that the are even being made.  Gow is a given , duh. 

Idiot .

None of them would be coming for years so even bringing them up is just stupid. Guerrilla's next game is some multiplayer thing. 

MS E3 is going to be interesting. Rumors are they have bought 3 more studios and will have 2 or 3 new IPs shown on stage, along with the usual suspects like Halo and Gears, plus a 3rd party surprise in terms of marketing. I'm more interested in the next generation system they will show, if they even give out the specs. Again rumors say it will be a 12 TFLOPS beast, with 24GB of GDDR6 RAM and a 2TB SSD, with a Zen CPU. That would be insane, especially if they can price it at $500. I'd say their goal of every game being 4k/60fps would become a reality with those specs. We'll see.

Edited by eastside49er
59 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Not for me personally but if/when it drops you’ll know what I’m referring too

:patrice:

Edited by lynux3
10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Isn't Ryzen 2 Zen 3? Same as PS5.

So I don't get the "news".

There is no Ryzen 2 or Zen 3. There's only Zen 2 (architecture) and Ryzen 3000 series. Zen 3 is a year or more out.

This is all rumors and speculation. I'm not sure what "news" you're talking about.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

There is no Ryzen 2 or Zen 3. There's only Zen 2 (architecture) and Ryzen 3000 series. Zen 3 is a year or more out.

This is all rumors and speculation. I'm not sure what "news" you're talking about.

wasnt ryzen "2" just a refresh that used a bit less power and better compat with ram?

1 minute ago, Handsome Horse said:

wasnt ryzen "2" just a refresh that used a bit less power and better compat with ram?

Zen is the architecture:

Zen (Ryzen 1000)

Zen+ (Ryzen 2000)

Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000)

(Zen 3 will come but is a ways off)

Each series (1000, 2000, 3000) has a number that denotes the target market (3/5/7).  Ryzen 3 is for low end, Ryzen 5 is mid-range, and Ryzen 7 is high end.  

"Ryzen" CPUs are consumer CPUs.. which means desktop and other consumer markets.  "Threadripper" targets professional and content creator markets.  And their "EPYC" CPUs are for servers and data centers.

I love their naming scheme, and love the branding of their CPUs.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Zen is the architecture:

Zen (Ryzen 1000)

Zen+ (Ryzen 2000)

Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000)

Each series (1000, 2000, 3000) has a number that denotes the target market (3/5/7).  Ryzen 3 is for low end, Ryzen 5 is mid-range, and Ryzen 7 is high end.  

"Ryzen" CPUs are consumer CPUs.. which means desktop and other consumer markets.  "Threadripper" targets professional and content creator markets.  And their "EPYC" CPUs are for servers and data centers.

i dont get why they would name a server cpu epyc tho :kaz:

i told you what happened right? i tried to buy one in 2017, my boy was making sure the ram worked witht he board and they totally sold out. everywhere. i as inpatient and got a i7 

2 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

i dont get why they would name a server cpu epyc tho :kaz:

i told you what happened right? i tried to buy one in 2017, my boy was making sure the ram worked witht he board and they totally sold out. everywhere. i as inpatient and got a i7 

Because 64 core CPUs are pretty fucking Epyc :reg: 

And lol nah you never told me that.  Yea Ryzen was a bitch in the beginning with memory.  That's all fixed now and things are much better.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Because 64 core CPUs are pretty fucking Epyc :reg: 

And lol nah you never told me that.  Yea Ryzen was a bitch in the beginning with memory.  That's all fixed now and things are much better.

ok that is fucking epic. 64 cores

now i gotta see how it manages games off to youtube

8 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

ok that is fucking epic. 64 cores

now i gotta see how it manages games off to youtube

lol.. for gaming... not too well.  Which is why it's not a consumer processor lol.

Here's a pic of their "EPYC Rome" 64 core processor

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS81

It's not released yet, obviously, but yea.. That right there is a thing of beauty. :whew: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

lol.. for gaming... not too well.  Which is why it's not a consumer processor lol.

Here's a pic of their "EPYC Rome" 64 core processor

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS81

It's not released yet, obviously, but yea.. That right there is a thing of beauty.

they said you will get the same performance as a regular ryzen but you can have 2 people play off the same pc with seperate monitors

31 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

More or less, yeah. That particular series (Ryzen 2000 series) is based on the Zen+ architecture.

27 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Zen is the architecture:

Zen (Ryzen 1000)

Zen+ (Ryzen 2000)

Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000)

Let's not forget the possibility of Ryzen 9! I agree though, I think AMD did a good job with the names.

• Like 1