Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

TLOU2 entering "close out" stage of development

Recommended Posts

So looking like a Q4 game for this year

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Nah, Q1 or Q2 2020.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for this year, but it's definitely looking like Q4 to boost FY results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony has been a fan or the March-April time for their first party lately, wouldn't be surprised if this hits that also.

However, this year really seems to be the emptiest Q4 in quite some time. No AC, No Battlefield or battlefront. Outside of COD we don't really know much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sony has been a fan or the March-April time for their first party lately, wouldn't be surprised if this hits that also.

However, this year really seems to be the emptiest Q4 in quite some time. No AC, No Battlefield or battlefront. Outside of COD we don't really know much

There's only about 6 months left in the year and look at the amount of people they're looking to hire and what they are, no way this is 2019. Q1 at the earliest, possibly Q2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's only about 6 months left in the year and look at the amount of people they're looking to hire and what they are, no way this is 2019. Q1 at the earliest, possibly Q2. 

Yeah that's the most likely scenario. Just mentioned how empty this Q4 looks compared to usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah that's the most likely scenario. Just mentioned how empty this Q4 looks compared to usual. 

I think this drought is an obvious sign of devs moving everything to next gen. Q4 2019 and Q1 2020 will probably be just swan songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I think this drought is an obvious sign of devs moving everything to next gen. Q4 2019 and Q1 2020 will probably be just swan songs. 

Yeah definitely. Always that weird period at the end of a console gen and the start of one where there is a bit of a drought. Next year will prob be the year I hate most though, the year of cross gen games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah definitely. Always that weird period at the end of a console gen and the start of one where there is a bit of a drought. Next year will prob be the year I hate most though, the year of cross gen games. 

Yeah, those first launch titles are usually  = :scust:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah definitely. Always that weird period at the end of a console gen and the start of one where there is a bit of a drought. Next year will prob be the year I hate most though, the year of cross gen games. 

I think it'll be completely different than when we went from PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 to PlayStation 4/Xbox One. The new generation of consoles will be backwards compatible this time around so I foresee quite a bit of larger third party games having those "next gen" enhancements before built-from-the-ground-up games show up the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I think it'll be completely different than when we went from PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 to PlayStation 4/Xbox One. The new generation of consoles will be backwards compatible this time around so I foresee quite a bit of larger third party games having those "next gen" enhancements before built-from-the-ground-up games show up the following year.

I wonder if Microsoft is going to do with for their games for the beginning period of the gen for Xbox One / Scarlett. Honestly this would be a great route for both to go, have the games ready to go for both platforms in one package. 

 

cgj6x04pdng01.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I wonder if Microsoft is going to do with for their games for the beginning period of the gen for Xbox One / Scarlett. Honestly this would be a great route for both to go, have the games ready to go for both platforms in one package. 

 

cgj6x04pdng01.jpg

 

 

I think it would be in both companies best interest for cross platform games. I completely forgot that Microsoft was releasing games like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

I think it would be in both companies best interest for cross platform games. I completely forgot that Microsoft was releasing games like that.

It would show a lot of good will and make the transition better, I mean the GTA and The Last of Us thing is kind of a bad taste. I know the architecture changed and whatever but releasing the same game again a year later and if you want it you're going to be charged again is kind of bullshit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It would show a lot of good will and make the transition better, I mean the GTA and The Last of Us thing is kind of a bad taste. I know the architecture changed and whatever but releasing the same game again a year later and if you want it you're going to be charged again is kind of bullshit. 

TLOU2 launched with an expansion pack though, that wasn't available on PS3 on disc form

 Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely a Q2 launch next year (I'm thinking June 2020), which would be a few months before the PS5 launch in Fall 2020. They still need to polish so that will take some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×