Brad Sams talks about his Xbox E3 predictions

Just now, Goukosan said:

PS4 battery life is only 4.

Xbox1 controllers doesn't have as many sensors as PS4 or Switch. 

Nah it's like 6-7, I beat The Order in one sitting and it made it all the way through and died shortly after. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console   

So many retarded comments in this thread now.

My hype is slowly increasing for this E3 thanks to MS. They truly are just fascinating to watch atm. Plus in a future streaming war between MS, Google and Amazon, I definitely would want MS to win.

This whole Microsoft and Sony partnership memorandum of understanding is being blown out of proportion, and obviously some are trying to turn it into ammunition for fanboy wars. From what we know, the facts, there's currently no partnership formed nor is there a deal pending or even written up. This whole thing is in an exploration stage. The whole thing about PlayStation employees being "stunned" or "surprised", etc. is hyperbole at its finest. It was reported by one person (Yuji Nakamura) and that particular reporter has been known to exaggerate. If PlayStation's employees were blindsided by such a minuscule announcement we'd probably be hearing it from the developers themselves. Not to mention, Yuji never even sourced or included how "stunned" these employees were in his article.

Edited by lynux3
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

"Sony announces deal to work with MS to further mutual gaming ambitions"

Nope.. doesn't affect Playstation at all - Jederpy :lemming: 

The team was stunned because it definitely affects them... their execs kept them out of the loop. 

And LOL... PS4 is only as successful as it is because MS completely fuck up in the beginning and couldn't recover.

PlayStation has had three consoles sell over 100 million. They don't get lucky cause someone fucked up for 4 gens in a row. They know what they're doing.

Just now, jehurey said:

It has no bearing on the Playstation.  You know this.........why are you pretending to play naive?

It does... everything Sony is doing right now will affect Playstation in the future.  Think outside your stupid bubble for a sec.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Sounds like you don't have a response. Let me know when you do.

It was a clear response. Sounds like you are scared . 

Just now, Team 2019 said:

PlayStation has had three consoles sell over 100 million. They don't get lucky cause someone fucked up for 4 gens in a row. They know what they're doing.

They definitely got lucky man.  Of course, they made the most of it...  I'm not taking that away from them... but your competition doesn't usually completely stumble out of the gate when your product is at it's worst... by the time MS could change the image around, Sony's teams were firing on all cylinders...  it was a wrap.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It does... everything Sony is doing right now will affect Playstation in the future.  Think outside your stupid bubble for a sec.

No, its not.

We know who are the people who design Playstation's hardware...........they were informed on this in the slightest.

It is easy to determine that it was a back-end deal that saves them money.

If they were motivated about the future of their gaming division, how were they magically able to get Microsoft to buy into their "imaging AI tech" at the same time?

Sony is a getting a discount on some server space, and in return they got to sell some products from their Imaging division that they probably needed to get rid of anyway, I don't see Sony doing much big business in that field.

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

PS4 is currently 4 hrs isn't it? 

It's dependent on the brightness of the LED really. If you fully dim the LED I'd say the controller could probably last around 8-10 hours. When the PS4 launched you couldn't do that and you'd be lucky to get 6 hours out of it.

Edited by lynux3
2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It was a clear response. Sounds like you are scared . 

Nope, you don't have any response to why you think the next 4K Xbox will sell better than the XBX.

Listed no reasons whatsoever.

Like I said.........let me know when you have an actual counterpoint. Until then, you can keep on sitting there sounding bitter.

Just now, Goukosan said:

PS4 is currently 4 hrs isn't it? 

Something like that... but Sony's controller iirc wasted quite a bit of power getting the latency down as far as possible.

It's entirely possible things are more efficient and there could be a bigger battery in the controller.

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's dependent on the brightness of the LED really. If you fully dim the LED I'd say the controller could probably last around 8-10 hours. When the PS4 launched you couldn't do that and you'd be lucky to get 6 hours of it.

point is.. its already low.. adding all those features Remij spoke about will drop that avg even lower

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Something like that... but Sony's controller iirc wasted quite a bit of power getting the latency down as far as possible.

It's entirely possible things are more efficient and there could be a bigger battery in the controller.

unfortunately... battery tech hasn't evolved at the speed of everything else. 

It's still a limiting factor 

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope, you don't have any response to why you think the next 4K Xbox will sell better than the XBX.

Listed no reasons whatsoever.

Like I said.........let me know when you have an actual counterpoint. Until then, you can keep on sitting there sounding bitter.

I didn't speak of sales . I spoke on what you said . That nobody will trust MS and nobody will buy it .

Focus on the words you say , not the ones you make up for me .

Just now, Goukosan said:

point is.. its already low.. adding all those features Remij spoke about will drop that avg even lower

Yeah, it is extremely low and Sony low balled it with only a 1000mAh battery; however, I'd rather have a rechargeable battery than using AAs. It would be nice if Sony simplified the DualShock's design in a way to allow users to easily upgrade the internal battery.

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I didn't speak of sales . I spoke on what you said . That nobody will trust MS and nobody will buy it .

Focus on the words you say , not the ones you make up for me .

Yes you did.

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

So nobody will buy it 

It's less powerful than ps5

500 dollar console buyers will spend 1000 plus on PC 

Gotcha 

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

So what do you expect the expensive version to sell ? None ? 

Nobody trusts them ? Lol . You're an idiot .

What are you talking about there, in those two posts.

Seems like you have something to say..........it seems like you think I'm wrong.

There has to be reasons and logic behind that........which means you SHOULD have a counterpoint in your ole noggin' somewhere.

but hey.........it you're too scared to say what you think, I'm not going to pressure you.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

unfortunately... battery tech hasn't evolved at the speed of everything else. 

It's still a limiting factor 

It is.. but I don't think it's going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.  Half the the things I suggested would use very little to no extra power to be noticeable.. and the others would indeed drain power.. but I think you'd still get a decent amount of time out of a charge.  People are already used to low battery life with controllers like the DS4.

-Get rid of the stupidly bright LED

-Get rid of the track pad

-lower the effect of the rumble

-put that savings into haptic and force feedback