For building a new computer

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hows the base 2060? been eyeing that one for my next build. I'd probably be pairing it up with one of the new ryzen cpus

It's fine for normal rendering, it's slightly slower than the 5700. They're both $350 so it's up to you.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hows the base 2060? been eyeing that one for my next build. I'd probably be pairing it up with one of the new ryzen cpus

It's a pretty bad buy at the same price as a 5700 unless you really want the feature set of RTX, but I'd just get a 2060 Super at that point.

There's a pair of 2060 cards in that link I posted that cost $280 (Asus) and $288 (Evga), but they're the chode cards that are single fan, 3 slots wide, and only have 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, and 1 DVI for output ports. They apparently run pretty hot, so I'd probably avoid them.

The Evga 2060 SC Ultra spent a good chunk of the last month at $320 on Amazon, so maybe wait and see if the Super lineup pushes that down to $300 as I think that's a really good spot for it. Same output port limitation as the chode cards I mentioned above, so if you have a multi-monitor setup where more than 1 monitor uses the same interface than you'll need an adapter.

Tb I have a 2060 and it's pretty good for 1080p . If you want 1440 or higher I'd go with a 2070 or 2070 super .

2060 played metro at high settings , rtx flop on at basically locked 60fps outside of a few areas that had slight dips here and there . Nvidia settings were off of course .

Also since you have a 980 It wouldnt be a huge upgrade , 2070 or 5700x

Edited by JONBpc
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

A great system would be a Ryzen 3700X with a x470 chipset and then put the money you saved from the x470 into a more powerful GPU.  The 2060 Super and the 5700XT trade blows depending on the game and resolution.  If you like Nvidia, I'd go for the 2060 Super over the base 2060.. unless you can get a good deal on one.

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Newegg via Ebay has some deals going on that should save you some money and give you some options.

GPUs

RAM

The Zotec 1660 Ti for $232 is a pretty good deal.

So apparently you can ask Newegg for a Newegg invoice if you buy something off them through Ebay, which lets you qualify for a $15 MSI MIR.

http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/MSI32MIRsJul01Jul3119lw80us.pdf

Puts the MSI 1660 Ti at $221 when its all said and done. Fuck MIRs, but figured I'd share if anybody reallllyyyy wanted to maximize price to performance.

Edited by Hot Sauce
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

If you live near a Microcenter,  this would be the way to go if you want to pair it with a new Ryzen CPU.  

Ryzen 5 3600 = $200

RX 5700 = $300

02D3055B-3A95-4E99-AAFF-1A20D7F5C895.jpeg

2 hours ago, Carlos Vela said:

If you live near a Microcenter,  this would be the way to go if you want to pair it with a new Ryzen CPU.  

Ryzen 5 3600 = $200

RX 5700 = $300

02D3055B-3A95-4E99-AAFF-1A20D7F5C895.jpeg

:wow: How does Microcenter do it.  

If I was shopping that GPU, I totally buy a Ryzen 5 3600X, if they are going to take $50 off, you'll be getting it for the same price as a non-X. 

@Twinblade

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2060-rtx-2060-ventus-6g-oc/p/N82E16814137380?

$295/$310 depending on your opinion of MIRs. Comes with the $90 game bundle, too, which is a pleasant surprise since I thought only the Supers were getting Control.

Probably not the best deal we'll see on a 2060 over the next couple weeks, but still a good one.

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

@Twinblade

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2060-rtx-2060-ventus-6g-oc/p/N82E16814137380?

$295/$310 depending on your opinion of MIRs. Comes with the $90 game bundle, too, which is a pleasant surprise since I thought only the Supers were getting Control.

Probably not the best deal we'll see on a 2060 over the next couple weeks, but still a good one.

Thats a good deal, if you happen to find it on another site let me know. I refuse to buy from newegg anymore after the shit they pulled with that whole tax issue.