NPD - Switch forecasted to have the highest US Hardware sales than any manufacturer since 2010.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who gives a shit you fucking fgt 

Highest unit market share isn't necessarily highest units sold in a year since 2010 though and most certainly won't be the case this year.    Just saying out of all hardware sold this year,

I’m considering selling my switch for that $199 model. It looks so sweet, and apparently has a much better battery life and feel to it.

Posted Images

Highest unit market share isn't necessarily highest units sold in a year since 2010 though and most certainly won't be the case this year. 

Just saying out of all hardware sold this year, Nintendo will have the most market share of those units sold than any other manufacturers since 2010. Impressive but it's also during the lowest selling years for Sony and MS so the units needed for that market share are much lower. 

Eg (made up numbers):

10m systems sold:

Nintendo: 5m (50% market share)

Sony: 3m (30%)

MS: 2m (20%)

6m sold:

Nintendo: 4m (66%)

Sony: 1.5m (25%)

MS: 0.5m (8ish%)

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Highest unit market share isn't necessarily highest units sold in a year since 2010 though and most certainly won't be the case this year. 

Just saying out of all hardware sold this year, Nintendo will have the most market share of those units sold than any other manufacturers since 2010. Impressive but it's also during the lowest selling years for Sony and MS so the units needed for that market share are much lower. 

Eg (made up numbers):

10m systems sold:

Nintendo: 5m (50% market share)

Sony: 3m (30%)

MS: 2m (20%)

6m sold:

Nintendo: 4m (66%)

Sony: 1.5m (25%)

MS: 0.5m (8ish%)

in 2010 Wii sold 7 million in the US.   Last Year Switch sold 5.7 million. 

So far this year, Switch is already ahead of last year's pace EVEN BEFORE the lite launched. 

As Matt had been saying from the start of 2019 Switch will have a record year in the US. 

He updated that to say it will be the highest since 2010 (aka within range of 7 million)...

Which would put it at the highest for THE ENTIRE GEN higher than PS4 peak years. 

It was a comparison vs 9 years of data.  Not a comparison of 2019 alone. 

So yea.. try to spin that as impressive is laughable at best.

As I told Lynux3, the year is almost over... we shall see what is what soon enough. 

:leo:

49 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

in 2010 Wii sold 7 million in the US.   Last Year Switch sold 5.7 million. 

So far this year, Switch is already ahead of last year's pace EVEN BEFORE the lite launched. 

As Matt had been saying from the start of 2019 Switch will have a record year in the US. 

He updated that to say it will be the highest since 2010 (aka within range of 7 million)...

Which would put it at the highest for THE ENTIRE GEN higher than PS4 peak years. 

It was a comparison vs 9 years of data.  Not a comparison of 2019 alone. 

So yea.. try to spin that as impressive is laughable at best.

As I told Lynux3, the year is almost over... we shall see what is what soon enough. 

:leo:

You’re misreading the whole thing man. He is talking hardware unit MARKET SHARE, and yes, Nintendo is going to have the largest market share since 2010 this year. Absolutely none of that has anything to do with most units sold in a year since 2010. Switch would have the largest market share by a gigantic margin if they just did 5.7m again this year cause Sony and MS has dropped off so much. It had the largest market share in the last 9 years. 

As lynux just posted, he’s even talk d more about it in the comments, although his initial tweet is crystal clear anyway. I’m not dyno, I don’t care if switch was to be the highest selling system yearly since 2010.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-08-31 at 11:39 PM, lynux3 said:

More proof he's only talking about unit sales market share and not specifically unit sales.

On 2019-09-01 at 12:16 AM, madmaltese said:

You’re misreading the whole thing man. He is talking hardware unit MARKET SHARE, and yes, Nintendo is going to have the largest market share since 2010 this year. Absolutely none of that has anything to do with most units sold in a year since 2010. Switch would have the largest market share by a gigantic margin if they just did 5.7m again this year cause Sony and MS has dropped off so much. It had the largest market share in the last 9 years. 

As lynux just posted, he’s even talk d more about it in the comments, although his initial tweet is crystal clear anyway. I’m not dyno, I don’t care if switch was to be the highest selling system yearly since 2010.

Lmfao at you two.... he reconfirms that Switch will have the highest unit sales in the US for THIS GEN in 2019... higher than PS4s peak sales years..... just like  I said :leo:

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao at you two.... he reconfirms that Switch will have the highest unit sales in the US for THIS GEN in 2019... higher than PS4s peak sales years..... just like  I said :leo:

This doesn't mean you didn't misinterpret his statement. :reg:

Just now, Goukosan said:

I understood him the first time bro ski :leo:

The comparison was with all prior years not just 2019 and its on pace to have the highest year this entire Gen..... live with it :shrug:

Actually you misinterpreted what he said which means you may be slightly dyslexic. Either he made a mistake in his wording or he meant what he said. Get over it, kid.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Actually you misinterpreted what he said which means you may be slightly dyslexic. Either he made a mistake in his wording or he meant what he said. Get over it, kid.

21 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ohh it's just a coincidence that the same thing I said he said.... he said it again more clearly? :grimaceleft:

:shrug:

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

:holeup:

speaking of misinterpretations..... 

On 2019-08-31 at 9:29 AM, lynux3 said:

Pretty impressive... if you forget the global market exists and the competition's legs are getting tired. 

YIKES!!.... PS4 peak years are getting tired:ovolol:

Edited by Goukosan