The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (NS) review predictions

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The recent build.  I feel like it will be mostly 60, but that in the busier parts of the overworld with lots of grass, it's still going to drop to 30.

That's what I'm guessing.. but maybe they'll have it fixed.

I think if it happens though, reviewers might make mention of it.

DF said those gameplay drops in the overworld from e3 was fixed already. 

The only drops they saw were brief screen transitions and major item grabs.... everything else was locked 60.

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What to believe 

I don't care what you or anyone else refer to it as, the axis is both equal vertically and horizontally which makes it a 45 degree angle. You're looking from both the side and top equally.   

Autistic Cop... "see that's where you're wrong it's not LTTP it's LA" 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DF said those gameplay drops in the overworld from e3 was fixed already. 

The only drops they saw were brief screen transitions and major item grabs.... everything else was locked 60.

But I don't believe that... because nothing they showed, was from parts that I think are going to drop.  Like I said... from the footage they show.. there were no scenes with large amounts of grass, like this. 

the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening-v1-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDdcN44yKvbQMO5Xapqv5

And there's other areas in the game, which I feel will cause slowdowns.  Which nobody will have gotten to yet.  But again, I say this because the game is DB vsync.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

But I don't believe that... because nothing they showed, was from parts that I think are going to drop.  Like I said... from the footage they show.. there were no scenes with large amounts of grass, like this. 

the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening-v1-

And there's other areas in the game, which I feel will cause slowdowns.  Which nobody will have gotten to yet.  But again, I say this because the game is DB vsync.

Where are you getting that from? That the grass caused drops?  :interesting:

Outside levels weren't fluctuating between 30fps and 60fps.. 

At e3 all outside areas of the demo was at 30fps.. not just grass... all areas outdoors was 30fps. 

At gamescom an updated build of that same demo... all outside areas in the same demo were 60fps. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Where are you getting that from? That the grass caused drops?  :interesting:

Outside levels weren't fluctuating between 30fps and 60fps.. 

At e3 all outside areas of the demo was at 30fps.. not just grass... all areas outdoors was 30fps. 

At gamescom an updated build of that same demo... all outside areas in the same demo were 60fps. 

There wasn't a set 30fps outside 60 inside... the fps was just at 30 outside because it could never reach 60...  There were times where it could..even the e3 demo.  VERY rarely.

23 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

5 days ago.. latest build.

That seems odd........because Digital Foundry specifically said that the Gamescom demo had to be off-screen and they did not have the facilities to capture footage since the Switches were closed off in a box.

The Gamescom demo is the latest demo.

This seems like the E3 demo build.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That seems odd........because Digital Foundry specifically said that the Gamescom demo had to be off-screen and they did not have the facilities to capture footage since the Switches were closed off in a box.

The Gamescom demo is the latest demo.

This seems like the E3 demo build.

It seems like they actually have the game.  They have an impressions video with parts from all over the game and different modes.  So it's definitely more than a demo.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It seems like they actually have the game.  They have an impressions video with parts from all over the game and different modes.  So it's definitely more than a demo.

If they had the full game, they wouldn't call their video a demo.

Just now, jehurey said:

Before any release date patches?

That's probably the case.

Well, I don't know what you want from me.  I'm simply posting what is the latest from this game.  And like seen in the video, I doubt they are going to fix those performance issues.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Well, I don't know what you want from me.  I'm simply posting what is the latest from this game.  And like seen in the video, I doubt they are going to fix those performance issues.

Why would you doubt..........when you specifically saw a more recent demo that was running better?

What do I "want" from you.  You could start with some logical consistency.

Your theory is that Nintendo improved the game, and then they made it worse with the final code?