The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (NS) review predictions

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What to believe 

I don't care what you or anyone else refer to it as, the axis is both equal vertically and horizontally which makes it a 45 degree angle. You're looking from both the side and top equally.   

Autistic Cop... "see that's where you're wrong it's not LTTP it's LA" 

Just now, jehurey said:

So.........you don't understand the concept of a release date patch?

Sure I do.  I already said I don't think it's going to fix anything.  And the video I posted is from the full version of the game sent to reviewers.

So... here's what we're going to do.  We're going to have a ban bet.  2 week ban.  When the game releases, and DF make their video about it... it's going to show areas of the game that drop fps like that video I posted.. or it's going to be fixed and 60fps like you say.

If it's not a locked 60fps... I'm banning you.  

Just now, Remij_ said:

Sure I do.  I already said I don't think it's going to fix anything.  And the video I posted is from the full version of the game sent to reviewers.

So... here's what we're going to do.  We're going to have a ban bet.  2 week ban.  When the game releases, and DF make their video about it... it's going to show areas of the game that drop fps like that video I posted.. or it's going to be fixed and 60fps like you say.

If it's not a locked 60fps... I'm banning you.  

Except..............GameXplain's video seems like it does.

Their explaination of the framerate drop mimics what Digital Foundry said from 3 weeks ago.

They said the frame rate drops are only 1 to 2 seconds when entering new areas.

Which is different than the Spanish video, in which it stays at 30fps for quite some time.

You didn't watch the GameXplain video, did you?

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except..............GameXplain's video seems like it does.

Their explaination of the framerate drop mimics what Digital Foundry said from 3 weeks ago.

They said the frame rate drops are only 1 to 2 seconds when entering new areas.

Which is different than the Spanish video, in which it stays at 30fps for quite some time.

You didn't watch the GameXplain video, did you?

Of course I did.  And I see all the same slowdown as there is in the spanish video.  The overworld is more seamless in this one.. and it drops fps frequently as it streams in..  GameXplain even SAYS that as they are talking about it... that it's happening ALL the time on the overworld.

You say that's going to be fixed though...  So I'll wait for the DF video... and when things HAVEN'T been fixed.. I'm going to ban you.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Of course I did.  And I see all the same slowdown as there is in the spanish video.  The overworld is more seamless in this one.. and it drops fps frequently as it streams in..  GameXplain even SAYS that as they are talking about it... that it's happening ALL the time on the overworld.

You say that's going to be fixed though...  So I'll wait for the DF video... and when things HAVEN'T been fixed.. I'm going to ban you.

No..........Gamexplain specifically says its 1 to 2 seconds and only when entering a new area.

This is the same exact explanation that Digital Foundry gave, is it not?

And you just said that the Spanish demo is WORSE than the Digital Foundry Gamescom demo...........did you not?

I need you to confirm those two specific questions.

Just now, jehurey said:

No..........Gamexplain specifically says its 1 to 2 seconds and only when entering a new area.

This is the same exact explanation that Digital Foundry gave, is it not?

And you just said that the Spanish demo is WORSE than the Digital Foundry Gamescom demo...........did you not?

I need you to confirm those two specific questions.

lmao dude.. whatever.  Just know that you're getting banned when the DF video shows the same thing.

Both GameXplain and the Spanish video presumably have the same version of the game...  You think they're faking the fps drops in the Spanish vid?

And no... follow me jerry... I said the Spanish video (ITS NOT A DEMO) shows different areas than the DF DEMO video.

There's simply no denying this game has performance issues.  Spanish vid literally shows it in the final game.  GameXplain and DF both talk about it....

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

lmao dude.. whatever.  Just know that you're getting banned when the DF video shows the same thing.

Both GameXplain and the Spanish video presumably have the same version of the game...  You think they're faking the fps drops in the Spanish vid?

And no... follow me jerry... I said the Spanish video (ITS NOT A DEMO) shows different areas than the DF DEMO video.

There's simply no denying this game has performance issues.  Spanish vid literally shows it in the final game.  GameXplain and DF both talk about it....

GameXplain and DF both state the same exact issue.

The spanish demo, for example when he's walking in the swamp water, STAYS at 30 frames the entire time, and actually only rises to 50fps.

That's different.  Remember, the GameXplain guy already played through the game and is replaying it a second time. His explaination is "1 to 2 seconds slowdown when you enter a new area"

That is completely consistent with the Digital Foundry Gamescom demo......Digital Foundry said that demo was "night and day" difference between the oldest E3 demo which always stayed around 30fps outside.

My current expectations are whatever Digital Foundry experienced at Gamescom, with a chance that they could find those memory leaks in the code in a future patch. 

GameXplain is running a smoother game than the Spanish demo. If you had posted the GameXplain demo first, I would've said that was consistent.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

GameXplain is running a smoother game than the Spanish demo. If you had posted the GameXplain demo first, I would've said that was consistent.

No.

And no.... The spanish video is NOT A FUCKING DEMO.  NEITHER IS THE GAMEXPLAIN one... God damn you are dense.  They both have the final version of the game.  BOTH show terrible fps drops.

DF will confirm this too.  

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.

And no.... The spanish video is NOT A FUCKING DEMO.  NEITHER IS THE GAMEXPLAIN one... God damn you are dense.  They both have the final version of the game.  BOTH show terrible fps drops.

DF will confirm this too.  

Except GameXplain specifically says "its 1 to 2 seconds of slowdown when you move to another area"

This is exactly what Digital Foundry says.

The video that they're showing may be them cobbling together previous footage for those videos (E3 footage).

I mean........they're words that describe this are specific.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except GameXplain specifically says "its 1 to 2 seconds of slowdown when you move to another area"

This is exactly what Digital Foundry says.

The video that they're showing may be them cobbling together previous footage for those videos (E3 footage).

I mean........they're words that describe this are specific.

No... because they're show different areas of the game that aren't accessible in the E3 or Gamescom demos :D 

You're not getting out of this.  Everyone is talking about these performance issues who has played this.  GameXplain even say that it happens when streaming in stuff... and on the overworld it's constantly streaming in stuff... meaning it's constantly dropping frames.

Just now, Remij_ said:

No... because they're show different areas of the game that aren't accessible in the E3 or Gamescom demos :D 

You're not getting out of this.  Everyone is talking about these performance issues who has played this.

Yeah............like the Nintendo trailer. you even see the captions of the Nintendo trailer in the GameXplain video. They're just running all accumulated footage in their latest previews, there's even a Q&A 20 minute video in which they're re-running all sorta of trailers and previous footage.

The spanish demo has extended footage of the Swamp area, it stays at 30fps for a long time.

GameXplain specifically says that the slowdown is "1 to 2 seconds" before going back to 60fps.

Like..........why wouldn't you listen specifically to what GameXplain and Digital Foundry says?

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I warned you.  Not fucking around with you any more tonight :juggle: 

You WILL be banned for 2 weeks when DF's video shows slowdown and all the same issues that are all throughout these videos posted from multiple sources. :] 

DF video should be by the weekend. 

But what happens if runs at 60fps outside and only drops for transitions and certain text boxes like he said?:lupe:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

DF video should be by the weekend. 

But what happens if runs at 60fps outside and only drops for transitions and certain text boxes like he said?:lupe:

It will be running at 396p or some other gayness in that event. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!