The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (NS) review predictions

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What to believe 

I don't care what you or anyone else refer to it as, the axis is both equal vertically and horizontally which makes it a 45 degree angle. You're looking from both the side and top equally.   

Autistic Cop... "see that's where you're wrong it's not LTTP it's LA" 

34 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

The game apparently has terrible performance . But that won't matter for nintonto reviews 

Actually it doesn't. recent Digital Foundry videos from a couple of weeks ago have reported that the game is running at 60fps in the outside world, and the only slowdown is when it goes in and out of text boxes, which seems fixable. And that wasn't the final code, but yet another demo build.

I don't know how long the game originally was on Gameboy. If its under 10 hours (main game) then I doubt it would get 9's. If they expand on that in meaningful ways, then I can see it getting 9's. They will be demanding that LoZ Alttp be remade like this game.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Actually it doesn't. recent Digital Foundry videos from a couple of weeks ago have reported that the game is running at 60fps in the outside world, and the only slowdown is when it goes in and out of text boxes, which seems fixable. And that wasn't the final code, but yet another demo build.

I don't know how long the game originally was on Gameboy. If its under 10 hours (main game) then I doubt it would get 9's. If they expand on that in meaningful ways, then I can see it getting 9's. They will be demanding that LoZ Alttp be remade like this game.

It does.

Jon said apparently... that means that what was shown and reported on... was that the game has terrible performance... and that's true.  Do we really need to gather a bunch of sources that literally just talked about the game having bad performance?

Sure, it might not be final... but there's no reason to think that it's going to get any better.  It's double buffered so if it drops from 60 it tanks to 30.

They should just cut their losses and limit the overworld to 30 and indoors/dungeons to 60. :shrug: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It does.

Jon said apparently... that means that what was shown and reported on... was that the game has terrible performance... and that's true.  Do we really need to gather a bunch of sources that literally just talked about the game having bad performance?

Sure, it might not be final... but there's no reason to think that it's going to get any better.  It's double buffered so if it drops from 60 it tanks to 30.

They should just cut their losses and limit the overworld to 30 and indoors/dungeons to 60. :shrug: 

No, they're new German guy reviewed a recent build.......its 60fps in the outside map.

Its no longer 30. This was also the same video that had a quick showcase of a Switch lite. Go 3 minutes in.

Its mostly running at 60fps, and the drops are very specific, which makes it seem like its fixable.:shrug:

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It does.

so about that...... watch from 3 mins in. 

at e3  in June outdoors was 30fps indoors was 60fps. 

At Gamescom in August both outdoor and indoors gameplay was at 60fps. 

:shrug:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, they're new German guy reviewed a recent build.......its 60fps in the outside map.

Its no longer 30. This was also the same video that had a quick showcase of a Switch lite. Go 3 minutes in.

Its mostly running at 60fps, and the drops are very specific, which makes it seem like its fixable.:shrug:

I was thinking of that video when I made my post.  It might not be as bad, but notice all the new footage they show there was no, or barely any, blades of grass on the overworld.  That's what was causing the performance to tank before, and I have no doubt it will do the same at launch.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I was thinking of that video when I made my post.  It might not be as bad, but notice all the new footage they show there was no, or barely any, blades of grass on the overworld.  That's what was causing the performance to tank before, and I have no doubt it will do the same at launch.

They say that its when it moves to another area and when text boxes open and close is when they notice the framerate drops.

Once you are in the area and walk a bit into it, it stays at 60 throughout that area. I don't think it has anything to do with any reduced foilage, that open world area is near the water, same as the first demo build we saw at E3.

Just now, jehurey said:

They say that its when it moves to another area and when text boxes open and close is when they notice the framerate drops.

Once you are in the area and walk a bit into it, it stays at 60 throughout that area. I don't think it has anything to do with any reduced foilage, that open world area is near the water, same as the first demo build we saw at E3.

Well we'll just have to see.  Of course I'd like them to have it fixed.. but I just feel with the double buffered vsync it's going to still drop at times around the overworld.

I wonder what the resolution is?  Did DF say in any of their previous videos on it?  IMO it's a very nice looking game.. maybe a dynamic res could keep it locked and the res drop probably wouldn't even be noticeable.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You have no doubt it will be like the e3 build at launch or the more recent Gamecom 60fps gameplay build? 

Just now, Goukosan said:

You have no doubt it will be like the e3 build at launch or the more recent Gamecom 60fps gameplay build? 

The recent build.  I feel like it will be mostly 60, but that in the busier parts of the overworld with lots of grass, it's still going to drop to 30.

That's what I'm guessing.. but maybe they'll have it fixed.

I think if it happens though, reviewers might make mention of it.