Rockstar Games Launcher announced; you can get GTA: San Andreas for free.

I never finished that game, I think I still have my PC save files.

I must have been very close because I had done most of the missions in the Las Vegas area, and I think I was starting to head back to da hood.

I'm not replaying that game again after doing those RC airplane missions with a keyboard. lol

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They’re gonna have to do better if they think giving away a free copy of a 15 year old game is going to be enough to get people to install yet another digital storefront.

I just don't know what else you buy from them...

Max Payne 3? :laff:

GTA V :facep:

Red Dead Redemption 2? :clint:

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm so happy to be gravitating away from PC, this dumb shit is only going to get worse. 

Into the deft hands of Microsoft and their play anywhere system? :drake:

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Absolutely RDR2, and possibly still selling those GTA5 Shark cards. Completely bypass having people buying it through the steam store, or even Amazon.

You've been able to buy shark cards and GTAV through Rockstar directly since the PC release.

Oh shit, it gets worse. :D 

Since this article has gone live, we've discovered another reason to install RGL, though it's arguably not a welcome one. Rockstar has now mandated the launcher's installation in order to boot certain games available on Steam. I uninstalled RGL from my testing rig, then attempted to boot my existing Steam installation of Grand Theft Auto V. At that time, Steam automatically loaded the RGL installation process. Thus, there is currently no way to play GTA V without having Rockstar's new launcher active.

:rofls:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

@Remij_'s ears should be burning with this news as an RDR2 PC announcement is really the only thing that makes launching your own client right now make much sense.

Yea.  Came here to post this right as I saw the news of it.

It's 100% what this means.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Epic Game Store / Rockstar Games Client exclusive for 6 months or so.  It's absolutely 100% coming... it's not if, but when.  Just a few weeks back there was another update to the companion app or whatever, and it shows that the PC version is going to support DX12.

With this news, an announcement shouldn't be too far away.  I mean why would you launch/update your client if you didn't plan to release new big games on it?

This is a dead giveaway.

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm so happy to be gravitating away from PC, this dumb shit is only going to get worse. 

It's only going to get easier...  I'm in the GOG Galaxy 2.0 beta... and it's... fucking godly. :glad: 

Oh, and the new steam library update is.... eh.  I like the game view screen and the layout... but the "Home" screen is fucking ugly garbage.

They really need to fix some shit.  But even then, I don't really give a fuck, because I'm going to use GOG from now on.  ALL my games across like 7 clients are there, and can be installed and played :glad: 

And I gotta say... IF Rockstar wants to go fully in on their own client... then it's REALLY bad news for Steam.  Once Rockstar folds, they're going to be losing tons of money, for one... but more importantly.. other publishers who were maybe dabbling before, are going to exit fully.  Ubisoft pretty much has, EA has been gone for a while, but it's going to bring more people around to the idea that they don't need Steam.  They're going to lose the big publishers... and like I said before, all they'll be left with is low quality asset flips and indie titles from developers that couldn't score a deal with Epic or any of the other places.

It could be rough for Valve going forward.  It's not even about one game here, one game there.  It's about the mentality changing.  It could end up all happening very fast.