Please take a look at this

I'm normally quite selfish but something about this touched me and it's cutting deep. I donated some money to help and if anyone is in the giving spirit I would ask that you do the same. This is one of the most heartbreaking situations imaginable and he seems like such a great and intelligent kid, with the extent of his injuries he should never have to worry about medical expenses again and I'm just trying to do my part with the hope that this becomes a reality for him.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/zaidsbsk

That really is a heartbreaking and special story. I may actually donate to that.

I can't help but to think that this young guy is in as bad shape as he is because they didn't do reconstructive surgery many many years ago when he was a young kid.

It made his body grow even more deformed.

Hopefully, soon, in America we have universal healthcare that would cover important life-improving surgeries like this. Because this should have been done as soon as he recovered from the fire.  How can he even pronounce certain words without any lips?

ehhh yeah, especially at that age we have protocols to straight up deify his ass and make him king of the school.

if it was my class and i was responsible for him i would make sure the other tweens + teens considered him a god, and nothing less.

Sweet kid too, been trough hell. Many doctors wold have just opted to put him to rest.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

That really is a heartbreaking and special story. I may actually donate to that.

I can't help but to think that this young guy is in as bad shape as he is because they didn't do reconstructive surgery many many years ago when he was a young kid.

It made his body grow even more deformed.

Hopefully, soon, in America we have universal healthcare that would cover important life-improving surgeries like this. Because this should have been done as soon as he recovered from the fire.  How can he even pronounce certain words without any lips?

Yeah the accident happened when he was 2 so that's likely my guess as well. I was also surprised at how well spoken he is, I guess just all the years of being like this he was able to manipulate his speech to be able to talk normally.  

39 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

:ben:

"Sorry lady, we can only fix up your son to the point where he's a blob of flesh that can breath on his own.

That's the bare minimum that the law requires us to do. If you want your son to be fixed up any more then you're gonna have to pay exorbitant amounts of money.

This is America, ma'am, the right to fix your body back to normal has been delegated to a privately-run, for-profit industry in which middle-men require that they make a profit."

Edited by jehurey
3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Do you idiots really need to politicize everything? You're intolerable. 

Yeah, why should we bring up ideas that would've helped people like him--and many OTHER people like him that we are unaware of their suffering right now--by building a system that is designed to automatically help them as efficiently as possible.

Instead, let's just wait for them to someday make a viral youtube video to show their bad situation, and we rely on donations to try and fix something that should've been done over 10 years ago.

That's the sad part, is that you can clearly demonstrate that you can feel sympathy for other people in bad situations.......but ONLY IF YOU SEE IT with your own two eyes. To say that its highly inefficient way of dealing with things would be an understatement.

2 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

nothing will help him, most of his body's been destroyed. ain't no fixing that.

Yup. Stem cells will just provide more skin for grafts. This is total reconstructive damage. 

Edited by -GD-
7 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Do you idiots really need to politicize everything? You're intolerable. 

I feel for him and he is one of the hundreds of thousands of Americans in this situation who can't afford treatment for their condition or situation. 

Healthcare should be a right not a for profit business that it is now. 

It shouldn't have to take a viral video and a go fund me to afford basic human rights.