Cellphone gaming

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

LMAO. This is Jerry and @Goukosan to a tee. They would have had to have spent $15k on androids at this point to match the iPhone the way they brag about phones. 

Lmfao you say this while playing COD at lower framerate and apps in General run slower on your iPhone 11 than my GS10 :tom5:

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should be easy to call the developers if there’s a problem with the game.

Same. A lot of women I date like Snapchat and IG, so I use those the most. But I do like the occasional puzzle game. 

I’m surprised it beats the pro, but that’s dope either way. You’re close to mine, which means you realize this thing is just crazzzzzy. 

Posted Images

So, after I got back from the movies and went to get something to eat, while streaming the World Series game through my car radio. I came home so that I could try out this CoD.

Is this a new game? Is this expected to be the new hotness? I didn't know.

So, let's check the state of my phone before I do anything:

bXouXSA.jpg

I don't have this game, so I had to install it:

4Fl3Ynm.jpg

Yxj0zRx.jpg

So here's me starting it up and doing the tutorial:

NDjrkoA.jpg

10:21pm at 33 percent battery

GcTCNnx.jpg

That's my screenname:

YQy5yfr.jpg

MpPBiA1.jpg

ktgn56N.jpg

XZXnI0P.jpg

PRQ95m5.jpg

So I start up my first online multiplayer match:

Fq6fVYc.jpg

SunA3Np.jpg

wdSTTQ9.jpg

H7gErT8.jpg

quVedm9.jpg

Iu9EfMZ.jpg

0bAFD3G.jpg

TSpCbiI.jpg

Finished my match, while still getting background notifications from other apps running in the backround with live scoring updates:

FCJVjYo.jpg

My phone is telling me that, at this rate, I still have enough battery to continue playing this game for a whole hour:

AMtpNLF.jpg

9bD1l4G.jpg

fqh5N6R.jpg

So at this point, I don't want to be accussed on not testing this game to its fullest, so I go into graphics settings

These were the default settings:

YX9ick6.jpg

I figured that's not enough, so I turned everything on and turned every to its highest allowable setting:

vtVaDtU.jpg

Started another online match:

w5a5adG.jpg

And then at this point I figured..........well, lets REALLY test my battery life, by turning on my phones Game Recorder function as I proceed to play a continue almost-30 minute stretch of gameplay, all at its highest settings with everything turned on:

Good thing I did, because the third match I recorded, I played very well and was the best guy. But I'm pretty certain I was playing against 8 year olds who have never done this before. If I look good playing CoD online, it must be because everybody else must be a complete newbs.

What I found interesting was that I could aim REALLY FUCKING good from far away, even though I had a simple assault rifle. I had plenty of screenspace to make nuanced aiming to hit enemies from far away. Alot of my kills were from far away.

ofwEu5s.jpg

guCRgK2.jpg

IJ2AfTJ.jpg

So, after taxing my phone by performing two of its most taxing functions, Video Games and Recording for half an hour at the same time. My phone is completely unoptimized, in High Performance power mode (no Power Saving options turned on, 50% brightness) and all of my apps completely open because I haven't even restarted my phone since last week. All background apps still running.

.......let's take a look at my battery:

YLEIZgl.jpg

9ShulVe.jpg

Still enough to last me past midnight.

My two year old phone is still a fucking beast.:blessed:

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

So, after I got back from the movies and went to get something to eat, while streaming the World Series game through my car radio. I came home so that I could try out this CoD.

Is this a new game? Is this expected to be the new hotness? I didn't know.

So, let's check the state of my phone before I do anything:

bXouXSA.jpg

I don't have this game, so I had to install it:

4Fl3Ynm.jpg

Yxj0zRx.jpg

So here's me starting it up and doing the tutorial:

NDjrkoA.jpg

10:21pm at 33 percent battery

GcTCNnx.jpg

That's my screenname:

YQy5yfr.jpg

MpPBiA1.jpg

ktgn56N.jpg

XZXnI0P.jpg

PRQ95m5.jpg

So I start up my first online multiplayer match:

Fq6fVYc.jpg

SunA3Np.jpg

wdSTTQ9.jpg

H7gErT8.jpg

quVedm9.jpg

Iu9EfMZ.jpg

0bAFD3G.jpg

TSpCbiI.jpg

Finished my match, while still getting background notifications from other apps running in the backround with live scoring updates:

FCJVjYo.jpg

My phone is telling me that, at this rate, I still have enough battery to continue playing this game for a whole hour:

AMtpNLF.jpg

9bD1l4G.jpg

fqh5N6R.jpg

So at this point, I don't want to be accussed on not testing this game to its fullest, so I go into graphics settings

These were the default settings:

YX9ick6.jpg

I figured that's not enough, so I turned everything on and turned every to its highest allowable setting:

vtVaDtU.jpg

Started another online match:

w5a5adG.jpg

And then at this point I figured..........well, lets REALLY test my battery life, by turning on my phones Game Recorder function as I proceed to play a continue almost-30 minute stretch of gameplay, all at its highest settings with everything turned on:

Good thing I did, because the third match I recorded, I played very well and was the best guy. But I'm pretty certain I was playing against 8 year olds who have never done this before. If I look good playing CoD online, it must be because everybody else must be a complete newbs.

What I found interesting was that I could aim REALLY FUCKING good from far away, even though I had a simple assault rifle. I had plenty of screenspace to make nuanced aiming to hit enemies from far away. Alot of my kills were from far away.

ofwEu5s.jpg

guCRgK2.jpg

IJ2AfTJ.jpg

So, after taxing my phone by performing two of its most taxing functions, Video Games and Recording for half an hour at the same time. My phone is completely unoptimized, in High Performance power mode (no Power Saving options turned on, 50% brightness) and all of my apps completely open because I haven't even restarted my phone since last week. All background apps still running.

.......let's take a look at my battery:

YLEIZgl.jpg

9ShulVe.jpg

Still enough to last me past midnight.

My two year old phone is still a fucking beast.:blessed:

Impressive! I didn’t get a chance to play last night but I will as soon as I can 

I have to say........this Call of Duty online multiplayer?

I can see myself putting some hours into this. This is not half bad.

I still don't know anything about Battle Royale modes, but if they had crazy situations like PUBG of people trying to last to the very end, I can see this being quite enjoyable. This could be the teenagers' Fortnite.

26 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I still don't know anything about Battle Royale modes, but if they had crazy situations like PUBG of people trying to last to the very end, I can see this being quite enjoyable. This could be the teenagers' Fortnite.

i played a little cod, and i'm surprised by how good the touch controls are. it looks really good too!

3 hours ago, ghostz said:

Some juicy iPhone 12 rumors:

-most advanced 5g modem made by qcomm 

-5nm cpu 

5g won’t mean shit for me unless sprint really ramps up. I’ll turn that shit off if there’s that 5 min delay between 5g and lte tho. Yuck

1) The Qcom 5G modem will be in all the 2020 Phones. 

2) You left out that they're bringing back the fingerprint scanner.... under the screen.. just like the Galaxy :tom5:

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

i played a little cod, and i'm surprised by how good the touch controls are. it looks really good too!

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

The game is filled with bots guys. I don’t even know if I played more than a few real people. I’m sure you both have KDRs I’d like 15-20 as I do, and sometimes the enemies are just very clearly bots. I also won my one and only BR. 

it makes me question ALL mobile gaming multiplayer. I have a hard tome believing these are not simply bots. Xbox live or PS4s networks probably can’t handle 100 million users or whatever at once, how would these little games?  There are many games that have been called out in the past over stuff like this on both iOS and Android...fake multiplayer. If COD has 50 million downloads or whatever already, why would there ever be a need for bots?

makes me wonder. 

also, with controller support this would be just as good as regular cod from a gameplay perspective. Hope they add it as I still don’t like touch FPS. 

Edited by ghostz