Death Stranding coming to PC early summer 2020

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah they've tested the waters with tiny irrelevant games. Usually ones where you need a bit of a player base too.

Yeah anything is possible but I mean regarding Death Stranding, it's a totally unique case. Was hinted at coming to PC for ages, not sony first party and Sony isn't even publishing the PC game. Such a weird situation. 

Yeah.  It's not catalyst or anything.  Since it's inception it was always going to be on PC.  Kojima likely wanted to remain independent and wanted his next game to reach as many people as possible.  Sony was probably happy to help him reestablish himself, and releasing the game on PC isn't really in direct competition with them, so they agreed to it.

I doubt there was any tension between the two about any of this... it was probably one of the very first things they ever discussed.

Maybe Sony didn't want to publish it themselves to give the wrong idea..  They don't want people to think that other big Sony first party games are potentially coming as well.. especially just as they're gearing up for their next gen reveal and marketing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delivery pending 

Kojima just sent me a comparison image between the PS4 and PC versions of Death Stranding so that we can know what to expect.       It's coming along nicely 

Kojima sends his regards        

30 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yeah.  It's not catalyst or anything.  Since it's inception it was always going to be on PC.  Kojima likely wanted to remain independent and wanted his next game to reach as many people as possible.  Sony was probably happy to help him reestablish himself, and releasing the game on PC isn't really in direct competition with them, so they agreed to it.

I doubt there was any tension between the two about any of this... it was probably one of the very first things they ever discussed.

Maybe Sony didn't want to publish it themselves to give the wrong idea..  They don't want people to think that other big Sony first party games are potentially coming as well.. especially just as they're gearing up for their next gen reveal and marketing.

Yeah there is definitely no tension at all between them, if anything they are on incredible good terms as Sony even allowed Kojima to announce the PC version prior to the PS4 release. Very rarely happens. I’m sure this was all part of the initial deal anyway.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Sony is defs still getting a portion of the revenue from the PC version and the idea that they didn’t want to confuse their brand makes sense. 

Do you think this will be a EGS exclusive? Both Sony and 505 have recent history of their PC published games being EGS exclusive 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah there is definitely no tension at all between them, if anything they are on incredible good terms as Sony even allowed Kojima to announce the PC version prior to the PS4 release. Very rarely happens. I’m sure this was all part of the initial deal anyway.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Sony is defs still getting a portion of the revenue from the PC version and the idea that they didn’t want to confuse their brand makes sense. 

Do you think this will be a EGS exclusive? Both Sony and 505 have recent history of their PC published games being EGS exclusive 

Sorry, didn't see this till now. 

Yea, I'm pretty sure it will be EGS exclusive.. if not entirely, for 6-12 months at the least.  That's just my guess based on how 505 Games seems to be doing things.

• Upvote 1

I almost was going to buy the PS4 version but this bit of news comes right on time, will hold off my purchase to play the proper version. Cows getting rekt is just the cherry on top :hest: 

Is FFVII Remake also getting a PC port? I shouldn't delay my PS4 resell for too long now, no way I'm getting stuck with this loud pos :dame:

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I almost was going to buy the PS4 version but this bit of news comes right on time, will hold off my purchase to play the proper version. Cows getting rekt is just the cherry on top :hest: 

Is FFVII Remake also getting a PC port? I shouldn't delay my PS4 resell for too long now, no way I'm getting stuck with this loud pos :dame:

It will be for sure... But the question is when?

It'll be at least 6-12 months... so as much as it pains me to suggest it... I'd say just buy a copy of the game, play it on PS4 day 1.. and then after you've finished it sell them both together. :fblike: 

21 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Same goes for DS tbh. If you aren't gonna play this now I highly doubt you will next year which looks like one of the most stacked years ever PLUS a new gen launch at year's end.

hermits will play it, they rarely get anything of value so they jump on scraps like this like water in the desert. Especially when they can just steal it for free like ravenous vultures.

12 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

hermits will play it, they rarely get anything of value so they jump on scraps like this like water in the desert. Especially when they can just steal it for free like ravenous vultures.

We get literally everything you dumb fuck :kaz: 

And yes... we're taking your Nintendo games too :bena: 

7 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

PC is like playing the lottery tho . It's like a 50 50 chance it will be a shitty port .

Thhbo

Who cares when there's a 100% chance that even that shitty port will still be better than the console versions :tom: 

ClunksolesHBR

Edited by Remij_
4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Who cares when there's a 100% chance that even that shitty port will still be better than the console versions :tom: 

ClunksolesHBR

Because that isn't true . Thhbo .

starting to look at some of the reception coming in over this news is truly heartbreaking, I feel so bad for the Kokima super fans and guys who waited so long for this game, who've been behind it day one to be slapped in the face like this.

It's so sad to see a beloved title be disgraced by multiformat status, especially when its PC. These guys atleast deserved to have their hype train until the game was actually fucking released at the very least. 1 week before just completely and utterly deflates the years+ long buildup to release.

Such a gross move and such a gross look for 505 games, whatever they publish (steal) in the future I will boycott no matter what platform.

505 Is some ramshackle conjob who waves sums of money at eager devs and then throws their title in Epic Game Store purgatory for a Tim Sweeny Payoff. :rofls:

Fuck 505 and PC.

Edited by Bodycount N
9 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

starting to look at some of the reception coming in over this news is truly heartbreaking, I feel so bad for the Kokima super fans and guys who waited so long for this game, who've been behind it day one to be slapped in the face like this.

It's so sad to see a beloved title be disgraced by multiformat status, especially when its PC. These guys atleast deserved to have their hype train until the game was actually fucking released at the very least. 1 week before just completely and utterly deflates the years+ long buildup to release.

Such a gross move and such a gross look for 505 games, whatever they publish (steal) in the future I will boycott no matter what platform.

505 Is some ramshackle conjob who waves sums of money at eager devs and then throws their title in Epic Game Store purgatory for a Tim Sweeny Payoff. :rofls:

Fuck 505 and PC.

You can actually pinpoint the exact moment their hearts broke

giphy.gif

:rofls: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofls: 

I'd be interested in knowing about the deals and partnerships they made behind the scenes for this. It just seems bizarre that Koji Pro would be able to build this game on Sony's engine, and then be able to put out a PC version thats going to be published by a company thats not Sony or one of their subsidiaries.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I'd be interested in knowing about the deals and partnerships they made behind the scenes for this. It just seems bizarre that Koji Pro would be able to build this game on Sony's engine, and then be able to put out a PC version thats going to be published by a company thats not Sony or one of their subsidiaries.

It's definitely an exceptional situation.  Andrew House and Cerny both essentially offered him the keys to the kingdom and he could choose whichever engine he wanted.  It's interesting because the other studios likely didn't have much say in the matter when it came down to it.  It's Sony's property, and they can do what they want with it.  But that just goes to show you the relationship Kojima himself has with the heads of Playstation. 

I think Andrew told the story about how they lost the MGS2 source code/engine at an E3 event and had to break the news to Kojima that they had lost it.  Now.. I'm not say that they felt the need to repay him back for that one time or anything... but considering the relationship they've built, I'm sure it played some small part in making it all happen.

As for the engine itself... it's really not that big of a deal that it's "on PC"...  The bigger deal is how Guerrilla Games have not only collaborated with Kojima Productions to tailor it for their needs, and have essentially put continued resources into working together and improving it for the future.

What I wonder is what happens with it after Death Stranding?  Will future Kojima Productions games utilize Decima on PC?  I assume their future games will be PS5/PC as well.

The publishing thing is definitely weird, but like I said.. Sony probably doesn't want to be seen as publishing their big games on PC... definitely not right now.  Maybe Sony and 505 have a publishing deal for PC which will also include those smaller indie type games that they also plan on releasing on PC in the future?