Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

120 million consoles means nothing when their games only sell to 1/12th of that market.  They need other markets to increase that number further because it's not satisfying them... apparently.

WHY THE FUCK ELSE WOULD THEY DO IT?? 

[Looks at Xbox sales]

Yeah don't worry about how many games Sony sells. They're doing fine.

Calm down, sweetcheeks. :tom:

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Irony alert..... lemmings did that when MS switched gears and started releasing games on almost everything.    When the rumors first leaked lemmings denied it was true to the heavens and bac

i don't believe it, and if it happens I'll be raising all sorts of hell on twitter, writing sony directly, harassing their execs and harassing Sweeney or whoever the fuck runs that failed PoC launcher

until it comes there's nothing to discuss here, except for your rampant PORT-BEGGING BEHAVIOUR.    

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

[Looks at Xbox sales]

Yeah don't worry about how many games Sony sells. They're doing fine.

Calm down, sweetcheeks. :tom:

They're both doing fine no doubt, but the difference is Microsoft went to it out of necessity. Sony may not need to do it, but they know they eventually will, and with that they're understanding that PC is less of a competitor and more a compliment. 

They're in business together now, they no doubt discuss certain things. It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer have talked about it and gotten into some figures because Ryan's direction seems to echo Phil's to a degree, there's a change taking place within PlayStation.

They're still competitive but they're showing a lighter side, a more cooperative side. They're no doubt realizing what Microsoft was forced to, PC can help grow their business while minimally detracting from their console.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're both doing fine no doubt, but the difference is Microsoft went to it out of necessity. Sony may not need to do it, but they know they eventually will, and with that they're understanding that PC is less of a competitor and more a compliment. 

They're in business together now, they no doubt discuss certain things. It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer have talked about it and gotten into some figures because Ryan's direction seems to echo Phil's to a degree, there's a change taking place within PlayStation.

They're still competitive but they're showing a lighter side, a more cooperative side. They're no doubt realizing what Microsoft was forced to, PC can help grow their business while minimally detracting from their console.

No Sony is doing fine.

MS is literally changing their business model to try and squeeze more money because they cannot rely on DEDICATED console hardware as a revenue generator.

And........as we can see with their gaming developments, alot of these games look like they have truncated gaming budgets and they will be changing the design of their games to be "episodic" or be similar to games like Destiney so that they can get people subscribed to GamePass for as long as possible.

Meaning that Microsoft will probably have less traditional single-player campaign focused games in the future.

And it definitely sucks when the business strategy is affecting the way the games are made.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah... Sony's just potentially doing this for.... no reason :roll: 

Idiot :D 

I already explained you the reasons for MLB The Show, it has to do with major sports leagues requiring that a game with their license must release on all current consoles..

This was explained from my very first post.

Microsoft is releasing Day 1 multiplats of their BIGGEST games.

Sony isn't doing that..........so clearly they don't have the same reasons that MS does.

Thanks for helping me prove that.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I already explained you the reasons for MLB The Show, it has to do with major sports leagues requiring that a game with their license must release on all current consoles..

This was explained from my very first post.

Microsoft is releasing Day 1 multiplats of their BIGGEST games.

Sony isn't doing that..........so clearly they don't have the same reasons that MS does.

Thanks for helping me prove that.

I already acknowledged that you are downplaying things ALREADY HAPPENING... because you are in denial.

I did the same with the lemmings :reg: 

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No Sony is doing fine.

MS is literally changing their business model to try and squeeze more money because they cannot rely on DEDICATED console hardware as a revenue generator.

And........as we can see with their gaming developments, alot of these games look like they have truncated gaming budgets and they will be changing the design of their games to be "episodic" or be similar to games like Destiney so that they can get people subscribed to GamePass for as long as possible.

Meaning that Microsoft will probably have less traditional single-player campaign focused games in the future.

And it definitely sucks when the business strategy is affecting the way the games are made.

"truncated gaming budgets"

"episodic"

"less traditional single-player"

Yet the very first game they show for their new console is the most graphically impressive piece of software in existence, clearly not episodic and totally single player...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I already acknowledged that you are downplaying things ALREADY HAPPENING... because you are in denial.

I did the same with the lemmings :reg: 

Sorry, you projecting onto me isn't working either.

Little too late to pretend you an independent Hermit. LOL

Microsoft is failing.............they need to release their games multiplat on Day 1

This bothered you...........and you attempted a false equivalency.

You know that is exactly what you were trying to do. It didn't work, I caught attempting to do it.

Sorry, you got busted, and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"truncated gaming budgets"

"episodic"

"less traditional single-player"

Yet the very first game they show for their new console is the most graphically impressive piece of software in existence, clearly not episodic and totally single player...

THey showed a cutscene, dude.

And the first Hellblade was known for being a limited-gameplay, short game specifically BECAUSE it didn't have that big of a gaming budget.

You have nothing to base anything you just said. lol

Just now, jehurey said:

Sorry, you projecting onto me isn't working either.

Little too late to pretend you an independent Hermit. LOL

Microsoft is failing.............they need to release their games multiplat on Day 1

This bothered you...........and you attempted a false equivalency.

You know that is exactly what you were trying to do. It didn't work, I caught attempting to do it.

Sorry, you got busted, and there's nothing you can do about it.

It never bothered me at all.  I benefit from it stupid. :hest: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It never bothered me at all.  I benefit from it stupid. :hest: 

No, it bothered you.

People who are NOT bothered do not make posts like this:

On 2019-12-10 at 6:26 AM, Remij_ said:

Jim Ryan is the Phil Spencer of Sony :hest: 

He sees dollar signs and nothing more... no fanboy shit.  He's out to make money.  PS games on other platforms will bring that money in :reg: 

I caught it immediately:

On 2019-12-10 at 10:40 AM, jehurey said:

You see, right here.......Remij screwed up and he let his guard slip.

He's trying to equivocate Sony failing like Microsoft failed.

He's trying hard to impose an equivalency, even if its a false equivalency.

You went out of your way to bring up Phil Spencer.

..............because you're butthurt about people making fun of Xbox hardware failing, and Spencer being the one responsible for games going multiplat.

If you were a happy PC gamer who is just happen to be getting the games, you wouldn't be mentioning names of corporate executives.

Its obvious, dude. Its just the way it is, and you can't do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

The downplay begins 

Nah if I was in the business it makes sense

If they can squeeze out an extra million sales with a late PC port then that’s like $60 million plus being left on the table

Doesn’t mean they will do it

Something like Spiderman they could probably push another 5-10 million units 

Just depends if they see losing the benefit of losing console sales from a PC port

Nintendo should be thinking about it too. Smash and Mario Kart would be huge on PC

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

If they can squeeze out an extra million sales with a late PC port then that’s like $60 million plus being left on the table

Just depends if they see losing the benefit of losing console sales from a PC port

Nintendo should be thinking about it too. Smash and Mario Kart would be huge on PC

To be honest all of them should be doing it, keep things within your own ecosystem? Fine, have a sign in but give people the option.

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo don't really lose anything, sure some console sales will be mitigated but those are mostly a break even if not a loss situation anyway when you factor in pre-release R&D. PC sales would be all profit, let the form, function, quirks and price of your console do the speaking, if people want that they'll get it, if they don't they'll still buy this game they want on PC.

It's so simple, it's not something negative. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.

For example. Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS. They're never gonna manufacturer more cartridges of that again. FUcking throw it on smartphones for $5-$8 and see how many copies it sells. Game isn't even that good, anyways.

Hotel Dusk seriously, SERIOUSLY needs to be ported to smartphones. The franchise is dead, the developer is now closed. So there's no reason not to throw it on there.