Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC

There was a popular Russian blogger who apparently has connections and heard from developers that Horizon: ZD is coming to PC.

This was apparently posted by someone long before he ever came with that information..

xZAGHsX.jpg

Remember... this was posted Nov 20th..

If HZD comes to PC.. I'll laugh my ass off :D 

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Irony alert..... lemmings did that when MS switched gears and started releasing games on almost everything.    When the rumors first leaked lemmings denied it was true to the heavens and bac

i don't believe it, and if it happens I'll be raising all sorts of hell on twitter, writing sony directly, harassing their execs and harassing Sweeney or whoever the fuck runs that failed PoC launcher

until it comes there's nothing to discuss here, except for your rampant PORT-BEGGING BEHAVIOUR.    

I wonder if Sony is considering putting their games on PC after say 2 years or something?  Maybe they feel that they're leaving too much money on the table and there's lots of money to be made by supporting the PC in a way that wont directly affect their console business.

Maybe it's just a Decima thing?  Maybe it's completely false?

Who knows... but let's not act like anything isn't possible these days..

i don't believe it, and if it happens I'll be raising all sorts of hell on twitter, writing sony directly, harassing their execs and harassing Sweeney or whoever the fuck runs that failed PoC launcher.

Enough is enough with this shit, PC is cancer to this business and does nothing but take away the prestige of titles that end up in its dumping ground.

Please god almighty, don't let PlayStation go the way of Xbox and become a laughing stock with no exclusives.

• Haha 1
Just now, Team 2019 said:

I don't believe it, since it's based off the Russian dude's rumour. It's all based of the logic that DS runs on the same engine as Horizon, therefore porting is possible.

Paying for FF7 remake to be off PC, and XBox but then porting your biggest new IP this gen is insanity that will hurt the hardware brand.

This was posted before the russian guy ever made his rumor...

Your FF7 remake reasoning is complete rubbish.  Sony's out to make money...  maybe porting versions of their games years later to PC is on the table... who knows?  It's likely bullshit... but the fact is that nowadays we can never be sure.

Since MS is already doing it... it's not like Sony console fanboys have anywhere else to go.  If a game releases 2 years later on PC... who's really going to give a shit?

Just now, Remij_ said:

This was posted before the russian guy ever made his rumor...

Your FF7 remake reasoning is complete rubbish.  Sony's out to make money...  maybe porting versions of their games years later to PC is on the table... who knows?  It's likely bullshit... but the fact is that nowadays we can never be sure.

Since MS is already doing it... it's not like Sony console fanboys have anywhere else to go.  If a game releases 2 years later on PC... who's really going to give a shit?

It will hurt the hardware business, because this is not how casuals think. Most low information buyers that are 95 percent of the population will assume Halo Infinite is coming to Switch even if it's just Halo MCC is released on it. Same principle applies to Sony first party.

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It will hurt the hardware business, because this is not how casuals think. Most low information buyers that are 95 percent of the population will assume Halo Infinite is coming to Switch even if it's just Halo MCC is released on it. Same principle applies to Sony first party.

Nobody is assuming Halo is coming to Switch.. fuck off... those are the hopes of forum fanboys and nothing more... not casuals.. :tom: 

17 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nobody is assuming Halo is coming to Switch.. fuck off... those are the hopes of forum fanboys and nothing more... not casuals.. :tom: 

I was providing an example of how casuals would think. Since we are in a port rumour thread, Halo MCC is actually one of the more logical ports given mS's current Switch strategy and Steam sales of MCC. Plus insiders that leaked Ori and Cuphead suggest its happening.

Horizon PC would be a brutal mistake on Sony"s part. Good luck with that PS5 Horizon 2 reveal without a lot of people just holding out for ALL PS5 games on Steam/EGS, not just Horizon 2.

Edited by Team 2019
16 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Horizon PC would be a brutal mistake on Sony"s part. Good luck with that PS5 Horizon 2 reveal without a lot of people just holding out for ALL PS5 games on Steam/EGS, not just Horizon 2.

No it wouldn't.  H2 reveal would make tons of people buy HZD on PC.  People would expect H2 to come at some point but not for much later.

If you look at the rumor it says HZD PC would be released in February... that's around the time that Sony is expected to unveil the PS5.  Maybe that's the plan.  Have PS fans excited for the next gen game, and get PC fans excited about the current gen game.  Maximize sales and franchise potential.

Just now, Remij_ said:

No it wouldn't.  H2 reveal would make tons of people buy HZD on PC.  People would expect H2 to come at some point but not for much later.

If you look at the rumor it says HZD PC would be released in February... that's around the time that Sony is expected to unveil the PS5.  Maybe that's the plan.  Have PS fans excited for the next gen game, and get PC fans excited about the current gen game.  Maximize sales and franchise potential.

I believe the appeal of not needing to buy hardware for a game and waiting it out, will be the default scenario for the majority. Rather than wow I liked this game on PC, I'll get a PS5 for the sequel.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I believe the appeal of not needing to buy hardware for a game and waiting it out, will be the default scenario for the majority. Rather than wow I liked this game on PC, I'll get a PS5 for the sequel.

I can tell you that the majority of people interested in buying a PS5 any time soon would not wait for Horizon 2 to come to PC just because Horizon ZD did..

It's about maximizing and extending the lifetime sales of these games and franchises.  Who the FUCK cares if 2 years later a PS5 game comes to PC?  Nobody... except PC players would gladly buy the games and patiently wait for the next ones.  They'd have immediate sales from the console, and then extended sales life on the PC.