Digital Foundry - Hellblade 2 trailer analysis - Sub 4K at 24 FPS

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Can't wait for the comparisons when the game launches. :juggle: Ninja Theory better meet or exceed that trailer's visuals/animations. :reg: 

Me too.

I think they will.  They most certainly will demolish the previous game...  Just look at what they did with their tiny budget on a 1.8TF machine...  This is 5x the GPU power, 4x the CPU power.. probably around 3x the addressable memory, brand new architecture with new rendering techniques and pipelines..

Like GD said... the animation quality on Senua is what's most striking. I don't understand what's so impossible about it though... Look at the animation in the original's cutscenes.. the facial capture was excellent there.  Visually, considering it's around 70% of 4K... and let's say it's actually 24fps... they're able to do a fuck ton more than current gen consoles.   How long away from launch is it?  The console itself is a year away..  This is prototype hardware.

Cutscenes in games next gen will definitely look like that in big budget AAA games.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Me too.

I think they will.  They most certainly will demolish the previous game...  Just look at what they did with their tiny budget on a 1.8TF machine...  This is 5x the GPU power, 4x the CPU power.. probably around 3x the addressable memory, brand new architecture with new rendering techniques and pipelines..

Like GD said... the animation quality on Senua is what's most striking. I don't understand what's so impossible about it though... Look at the animation in the original's cutscenes.. the facial capture was excellent there.  Visually, considering it's around 70% of 4K... and let's say it's actually 24fps... they're able to do a fuck ton more than current gen consoles.   How long away from launch is it?  The console itself is a year away..  This is prototype hardware.

Cutscenes in games next gen will definitely look like that in big budget AAA games.

The trailer seems to be achievable based on what we currently know about the Xbox Series X. I agree with Digital Foundry's skepticism around the trailer, though, it only makes sense. More information is required and that will come in time obviously.

I'm curious to see actual game play animations, though... and while the trailer's animations were beyond anything we've seen so far, what really stood out to me was the insane amount of detail close and far from the camera view. That shit was on another level. Open worlds next generation are going to be absolutely fucking insane if that is the baseline, and I'm honestly burnt out on them, but I'd play a next generation open world game in a heart beat with that level of detail.

24 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The trailer seems to be achievable based on what we currently know about the Xbox Series X. I agree with Digital Foundry's skepticism around the trailer, though, it only makes sense. More information is required and that will come in time obviously.

I'm curious to see actual game play animations, though... and while the trailer's animations were beyond anything we've seen so far, what really stood out to me was the insane amount of detail close and far from the camera view. That shit was on another level. Open worlds next generation are going to be absolutely fucking insane if that is the baseline, and I'm honestly burnt out on them, but I'd play a next generation open world game in a heart beat with that level of detail.

Spider-Man 2 is going to be epic. :aitch:

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Oh they do?  On pre-release hardware and potentially years before the game launch? :drake: 

Again... the video was ENCODED at 24fps.. in UE4 you can set it to record at whatever fps you want... that doesn't mean sweet fuck all about the actual rendering framerate.

Not to mention it was presented in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio for cinematic presentation. That's a choice not some retarded limitation. It's native pixel density with black bars.

People are stupid.

39 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Not to mention it was presented in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio for cinematic presentation. That's a choice not some retarded limitation. It's native pixel density with black bars.

People are stupid.

When DF doesn't agree with me they're stupid :awww:

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

no one said it's pre-rendered.... its an in engine movie :shrug:

You LITERALLY did... 

Movies run at 24 FPS... not games.

24 FPS indicates that none of the footage shown was gameplay or even in game cutscenes.   

It was a movie created "in engine" 

Not gameplay or in-game cutscenes... it's a movie created in engine...

That's equivalent to saying it's pre-rendered... because you're certainly not saying that it's real-time...are you? :bena: 

Edited by Remij_
4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You LITERALLY did... 

Not gameplay or in-game cutscenes... it's a movie created in engine...

That's equivalent to saying it's pre-rendered... because you're certainly not saying that it's real-time...are you? :bena: 

Created "In engine"...... how can you read that and think pre-rendered :grimaceleft: