What was your movie of the year?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After seeing just about everything I wanted to see this year ima go with these too

I've not seen that many films this year but Joker stands out for sure.

Last weekend. Regal theatre near me had a showing for Regal Unlimited members.   I'll fucking fight anybody that doesn't nominate Sandler for best actor.

28 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Then again, neither of us have seen Cats yet. :face:

Friends and I are planning on doing shrooms/acid and seeing it on the 1st. I'm torn as acid is like a 6 to 8 hour thing for me...so I might have to take a small amount? I've only done shrooms twice but neither time I felt it did that much to me so I wouldn't have as much fun with it. I guess I could smoke up to add a kick or just bring liquor into the movie or something. 1st world problems. 

I saw someone mention Midsommar...and it's a love or hate it movie, I say this ironically as I was pretty indifferent to it. To me the movie is just...nothing? Like nothing kind of happens or is resolved in it. Also it's kind of like "watch out for drugs" and meanwhile I'm like we took harder drugs to see this movie, than was what used in the movie but whatevs. 

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Finally just watched Joker. What a goddamn movie. Joaquin Phoenix was fucking superb and may have even surpassed Ledger. That was a performance for the ages. 

It’s even better on the second viewing. 

On 2019-12-22 at 1:36 AM, kokujin said:

it's rare i'll sit there and watch 2 hours of something that I know will rap up in a happy ending, take 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to the good part, have a boring filler middle, :D it's just the same thing over and over.

watch better movies? lol.

11 hours ago, モンキー said:

watch better movies? lol.

lol they dont exist anymore.. not with the same formula.  I gotta be in a veggie mood, and once in a while, I can pull something out, in the middle of the day. Hell I'll try one today/tonight.

I dunno, I was hoping 1 person would relate here, but the current 2 hour formula for a movie does not work for me anymore. It's 45 minutes too long of expected hogwash.  I don't think my Dad particularly enjoys movies either. It's a mental thing. I'll flip through sports read post write music and just chill for hours at a time, by no means am I against wasting time. But a movie... let me see!

14 minutes ago, kokujin said:

lol they dont exist anymore.. not with the same formula.  I gotta be in a veggie mood, and once in a while, I can pull something out, in the middle of the day. Hell I'll try one today/tonight.

I dunno, I was hoping 1 person would relate here, but the current 2 hour formula for a movie does not work for me anymore. It's 45 minutes too long of expected hogwash.  I don't think my Dad particularly enjoys movies either. It's a mental thing. I'll flip through sports read post write music and just chill for hours at a time, by no means am I against wasting time. But a movie... let me see!

lol they do, just skip all the trash :shrug: