XSX full reveal April 14

Just now, Remij_ said:

I don't even mind the name, anything can sound normal after long enough.. but yea... nobody can say they expected MS to call it "Xbox Series X" after just releasing Xbox One X ~2 years ago..lol.

It really could be a Wii / WiiU level of confusing mess..

I wonder how they're going to package future games?  Will a single retail release work on all supported devices, or will there be separate versions for each?

When I first saw it I just assumed it was another upgrade and not a new console. This sort of shit never works. Part of Playstation's success quite honestly is you know what you're getting and that it's supposed to be an upgrade. Which is why I was baffled when they made the idiotic mistake of naming the PSP Vita, made doubly worse by the fact that it barely looked any different than the original PSP. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lemcucks getting so caught up in new hardware they're forgetting they've still got no games to play on it.  

Full reveal on April 14, games will follow on a later date    

The name is XseX BTW  

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

When I first saw it I just assumed it was another upgrade and not a new console. This sort of shit never works. Part of Playstation's success quite honestly is you know what you're getting and that it's supposed to be an upgrade. Which is why I was baffled when they made the idiotic mistake of naming the PSP Vita, made doubly worse by the fact that it barely looked any different than the original PSP. 

A lot of people did.  People were confused if it was another "One" upgrade, or the next console.  It wasn't until they saw the "Holiday 2020" that they understood that it really was the next system.  It basically has the same design language as the Xbox One S and X consoles.. so it's easy to confuse it at first as being another console in that family.

I do like the idea of the console just being called Xbox.. and "Series _____" denoting the tier of the consoles they plan to release.  But they presented it awkwardly... and it didn't quite land right.  Phil should have came out and said, our next console family is simply called Xbox, and Series X represents the top end experience.

Anyway, they still have time to make sense of it and make very clear what their plans are.  It wasn't the "full reveal" as they say.. so they didn't really have much time to explain things.  Hopefully they do a good job with their messaging this year leading up to launch.

12 minutes ago, Liquid said:

It's called Playstation Vita though. Not Playstation Portable Vita. Just saying.

Funny how lemshits like jenb that wrote off xbox last year are back to showing their true colours now.

”hey guys he console sucks and the company behind it has nothing to offer gamers but we’re back on bord out of pure brand loyalty”

:|

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Phil tweeted the APU. 4 hours till CES. Gonna wake up tomorrow to interesting news.

ENncf0xWkAA7vkP?format=jpg&name=small

That's a sexy little chip right there.  But Phil also replied to someone that he was working in Redmond... so that would mean that he's not at CES.  Who knows though.. someone else could reveal the specs at AMDs conference.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Vita is a bad example becauae 3DS also sold a fraction of the DS. Nintendo had to merge their console and handheld markets into one.

Smartphone era killed portable PlayStation. Maybe PSNow can revive it but I doubt it.

Lmfao at comparing 3DS and Vita....The level of flop the Vitais no where close to the success of the 3DS.

The two divisions were merged to salvage the CONSOLE SPACE..... the handheld space was and still is doing crazy numbers. 

Edited by Goukosan