What's the worst nightmare you can remember having?

We all get nightmares from time to time. 

Mine usually have to do with the end of the world. Particularly nuclear war.

One specific one was when I was in front of my old house. I was with my family and all the neighbors were outside looking up. Suddenly you can hear sirens in the distance and you see streams of smoke rising up into the sky.  As soon as they reach a certain height, they start curving and coming back down.

I could hear someone yelling "OMG, this is it!"

I look around and my family disappeared. And I see a strange lady in front of me kneeling down covering her face. Instinctively I reach down and hug her tight closing my eyes while saying "forgive me for my sins"...

Next thing I know, I wake up in my room and it's snowing outside. It's morning and everything seems peaceful. I walk to my brother's room and the TV is on depicting the news and showing some footage of a zombie outbreak. IDK if it was a movie. But my mom and my brothers and sister are there and they invite me to sit down. It was like nothing happened and it was peaceful(aside from the TV which no one was really concerned about).. After that I woke up around 3AM sweating...

But my most recent nightmare was dreaming that my brother passed. Fuckin sobbing in my dream, as depressing and not fun...

Just now, Delita said:

Someone looking over my search history

You pull the plug but the computer is still on, and it's being broadcast all over the world... Next thing you know your mom is having a press conference live on TV crying "White Delita! Why?"...

Sleep paralysis. It’s not a dream but it’s the scariest experience of my life. Thought was legit dead. I tried screaming for my then wife to wake me up but I could make a sound or move. I haven’t had it in a few years but I’m still terrified to sleep on my back. 

Edited by Ike
1 minute ago, Ike said:

Sleep paralysis. It’s not a dream but it’s the scariest experience of my life. Thought was legit dead. I tried screaming for my then wife to wake me up but I could make a sound or move. I haven’t had it in a few years but I’m still terrified to sleep on my back. 

I had that happen to me. I was in Chicago, and woke up around 3, unable to move.

I look outside and I could see the trees but the sky was flashing like a strobe light. I look into my closet and see my brother in a hoodie calling my name, only that he was supposed to be in California. I groaned and finally broke free.

Shit was freaky...

6 hours ago, Chicano3000 said:

You pull the plug but the computer is still on, and it's being broadcast all over the world... Next thing you know your mom is having a press conference live on TV crying "White Delita! Why?"...

racist.

My last dog had a brain tumor and had a couple of grand mal seizures as a result. We put her down and it was obviously hard, but for the next few months I'd periodically have nightmares about her having one and it would just absolutely wreck me. Had to sneak away to not wake up my wife and just ugly cry into a pillow in the bathroom.

• Sad 1

I dreamed I woke up inside my house late at night (3 AM). Everything was dark, and it seemed like everyone just disappeared. My house was boarded up. I looked outside and saw nobody. I reach for the phone and call 911 to speak with them and explain the situation. They thank me and say somebody will be right over. After the call, I hear knocking and them asking if somebody's in there. Then, I look and see a note in handwriting next to the phone that says "DO NOT CALL 911. THEY ARE NOT HUMAN.". 

:| :D Not even joking. What a fucked up dream. I woke up in a cold sweat.

40 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

My last dog had a brain tumor and had a couple of grand mal seizures as a result. We put her down and it was obviously hard, but for the next few months I'd periodically have nightmares about her having one and it would just absolutely wreck me. Had to sneak away to not wake up my wife and just ugly cry into a pillow in the bathroom.

Sorry, I had to put down my childhood dog at age 15. It was a valuable lesson to me at the time, because it was so sudden. I came home from school and my fam told me we had to get to the vet right away, "Klaue" ("Claw" in english) was in an accident.  We show up and I see my boy a german shepard with a huge wound on his shoulder. I hear him weezing and I immediately break down in tears, I think it was the first time I really cried. We had to put him down and I remember just clinging to him and I was like "you can't take my dog!". 

I got over it, I had "nightmares" like that too but I've never cried about him again, in fact I do remember only the good times, he was a huge goofball and it always makes me smile. Also he puked into my mouth once when he was sick, idk why but this memory won't go away. :D  This dog taught me a lot about patience and affection. love him.

32 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

I dreamed I woke up inside my house late at night (3 AM). Everything was dark, and it seemed like everyone just disappeared. My house was boarded up. I looked outside and saw nobody. I reach for the phone and call 911 to speak with them and explain the situation. They thank me and say somebody will be right over. After the call, I hear knocking and them asking if somebody's in there. Then, I look and see a note in handwriting next to the phone that says "DO NOT CALL 911. THEY ARE NOT HUMAN.". 

I sometimes have this dream where I sleep outside on a matress (just a matress no bed or anything else) and people stand around me filming me with smartphones. 

45 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Holy shit, that's movie material right there lol...

My cousin told me about a dream he had where they were in the house and it was dark. They were sticking together going around the house but 1 by one everyone disappeared til he was the only one left. He went into one of the rooms and saw an old lady in the corner crying while sitting on a chair.

She stopped and looked up with a smile and started laughing.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I remember it in full, but there's no possible way I could reconstruct it into words or even speak it in any form that would make sense. 

Try then? It doesn't have to make sense, you can still recapitulate if you know some of the details.