Xbox FY20 Q2: Software & services revenue down 11%. Hardware revenue down 43%. Overall gaming revenue down 21%

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MS really need this generation to end... or I should say, the next generation to start.

Having their launch games be cross gen is the right decision imo, but it's obviously not going to stem the tide of people buying less Xbox Ones in the meantime.

Edited by Remij_

Obviously it would be down, they're giving away Gamepass for free to get people into their ecosystem for next gen. 2019 and most of 2020 are a wash as they build the base and then XSX is where their investment matures.

Spoiler

lmao

Gamepass subs are up apparently 2x what they were before.  Since GP has been ~$2 since forever.. you can't really put that on anything other than more people trying and using the service. 

Edited by Remij_
33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nadella also revealed that “Xbox Game Pass subscribers more than doubled this quarter,” but Microsoft has still not revealed an exact number for its subscription service.

as usual doesnt mean much without numbers, except that software may stay in free fall :holeup:

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

Nadella also revealed that “Xbox Game Pass subscribers more than doubled this quarter,” but Microsoft has still not revealed an exact number for its subscription service.

as usual doesnt mean much without numbers, except that software may stay in free fall :holeup:

Well double is double.. so it's better no matter which way you look at it :tom5: 

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Dumb thread by a dumb idiot who's going to get blown out all the same when Sony's numbers come in. It's the end of the generation, spending is going to be as limited as ever. 

where did i say ps4 wasnt declining? difference is ps4 is declining from a mountaintop, xbox is declining from a molehill.

No surprise since end of gen but regardless all these figures are useless without MS providing the details. No specific GP sub numbers, no specific revenue generated from just GP, no software sales figures, no hardware sales, etc. 

GP sales would 10x and it would still be irrelevant unless we get data to compare if this system is more profitable than simply selling $60 games. 

I know from an individual point of view I 100% would've bought Horizon 4 and Gears 5 day 1, giving them $120US, with GP i've given them a total of $5AUD and they've had to pay all the 3rd party games too for part of that service. 

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

No surprise since end of gen but regardless all these figures are useless without MS providing the details. No specific GP sub numbers, no specific revenue generated from just GP, no software sales figures, no hardware sales, etc. 

GP sales would 10x and it would still be irrelevant unless we get data to compare if this system is more profitable than simply selling $60 games. 

I know from an individual point of view I 100% would've bought Horizon 4 and Gears 5 day 1, giving them $120US, with GP i've given them a total of $5AUD and they've had to pay all the 3rd party games too for part of that service. 

Yeah but no doubt in the process with the sheer number of people subscribing any appreciable loss would be mitigated by not only sales themselves but because of subscriptions on top of that. I'm sure Gears 5 and Horizon 4 on their own still sold far more than required to be profitable even abstract of GamePass. 

Game Pass subs doubled this past quarter.

Easy.

1.) Gamepass on PC is introduced

2.) Outer Worlds released, which was highly anticipated by PC gamers

3.)$1 promo for 1 month, and $3 promo for 3 month offers

Wouldn't surprise me if Gamepass subscription go back down when they have to report on this current quarter in April.